This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabata View Post
    That's not all hot glue! Daniel gets a little over exicited when it comes to slot cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
      Electricdreams (a sponsor) sells Racer decals. Also Lakota Collectibles sells decals.
      I stopped by Lakota yesterday and picked up a set of decals for the Racer Ferrari. It looks much better now.
      Thanks,
      Al

Last edited by porscheman; 04-12-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Very Nice Al!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
          I stop by Lakota yesterday and picked up a set of decals for the Racer Ferrari. It looks much better now.
          Thanks,
          Al
          The decals do make a big difference. Nice job Al

Comment

• Yep it looks like a real ferrari now!

Comment

• Wow....now looks good.

Comment

• Real nice! I did not know that the stripe going down the middle of the body was a decal.

Comment

• Anyone done a Cobra daytona?

Comment

• I'm in the process of building a Dayton Coupe by Revell, using a Slot it univeral sidewinder chassis and CB Design wheels. I could use the Revell chassis but the modifications would be extensive and from past experience with Revell cars, I don't think these modifications would be effective. This project is going to take me a couple of weeks, due to the expense involved. I will post pictures of the convertion.
                    Al

Comment

• Al I have 2 brand new daytona R/M chassis as I converted mine to slot.it alfa chassis as the wheelbase is exact and fits with minor trimming. It's why I was asking about the slot.it F40 and alfa 33/3 and ferrari 312 wheelbase measurements. You can have them if you want? I only drilled a hole for the remote led, other than that they are mint and include motor,etc.
                      Chris

Comment

• Chris,
                        Thank you but I already have the chassis and the Daytona's on it's way. All I need is the wheels.
                        Al

Comment

• Decals look great. Has anyone tried the testors decal maker sheets. I just converted a nascar cot body into a cop car and need police decals for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoffh View Post
                            Decals look great. Has anyone tried the testors decal maker sheets. I just converted a nascar cot body into a cop car and need police decals for it.
                            Randy,
                            I sent you a PM with a Police Car site for decals.
                            Al

Comment

• Ok, here is my contribution.

He has no legs but, he looks happy.

COT front air dam made from .062 abs sheet.

The rear of the cot chassis cut in order to use factory mounts. Small counter sink was used to flush mount the brass screws.

The chassis from mustang police car. The front holes line up perfect, but the chassis is too short. The flashing leds will be mounted either in front or rear windows.
                              Last edited by rjhoffh; 04-13-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Nice job Randy
                                Don't worry about the legs, "Legless Larry" drives most of my cars.
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X