Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked my 1st Racer Ferrari kit so much, I bought another Ferrari. This one is a 312P, I remembered the decals this time and I also bought the photo-etch super detail kit. These are easy builds and the completed cars are impressive. I am running a 29,000 rpm Slot it motor and with it's low and wide stance, this thing flies.
    Al

Comment

• Another nice job from AL.....congrats

Questions:

I can see in the picture #3 (top to bottom) that you removed the 2 front screws of the motor pod.

Is the chip keeping the pod in place ? I expect you will say yes or......

Is that affecting the car performance ? I meant by reducing the movement of the motor pod.

Again......GREAT JOB !!!!

Daniel

Comment

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
        Another nice job from AL.....congrats

Questions:

I can see in the picture #3 (top to bottom) that you removed the 2 front screws of the motor pod.

Is the chip keeping the pod in place ? I expect you will say yes or......

Is that affecting the car performance ? I meant by reducing the movement of the motor pod.

Again......GREAT JOB !!!!

Daniel
        Daniel,
        I modified the pod so the chip fits flatter to the chassis. The picture doesn't show the screws because I hadn't modified them when I took the photo. I cut the screws shorter so the wouldn't interfere with the chip placement. The modification had no effect on the performance of the car. The body on this car is very shallow and even with the pancake interior insert, you need all the room you can get. This car is faster than my NSR Porsche and the fit and finish on this Racer is second to none. Today I'll install the photo-etch parts. gotta get out the Tri-focals .
        Al
        Last edited by porscheman; 04-21-2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
          Daniel,
          I modified the pod so the chip fits flatter to the chassis. The picture doesn't show the screws because I hadn't modified them when I took the photo. I cut the screws shorter so the wouldn't interfere with the chip placement. The modification had no effect on the performance of the car. The body on this car is very shallow and even with the pancake interior insert, you need all the room you can get. This car is faster than my NSR Porsche and the fit and finish on this Racer is second to none. Today I'll install the photo-etch parts. gotta get out the Tri-focals .
          Al
          OK...now I understand. Next time remove completelly the switch and the chip will sit flat. Have you done that?

Cheers
          Daniel

Comment

• Racer 250 LM - Green with Lights

Hello all,

Since Daniel is posting such great pics of his Racers, I thought I'd add mine to the group also.

Comment

• Racer 250 LM - Blue with Lights

Comment

• Racer 330 and three other Racers

Yes, the red car is a limited set of just 150 -- and yes, I did add lights and open it up and add a chip!

Comment

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
                  Spraggih .........you have done a great job with those chips.

Scootcar50........following your pictures, I went and did this car today.

CARRERA EVOLUTION 25466 ........PONTIAC GTO 66 "CUSTOM CAR"

Changes lanes without any problem !!!!

Cheers
                  Daniel
                  Hey Daniel-- great work here. Where do you get the very thin green and red wire?

Comment

• Excellent job My favorite is the dark blue 250. I would like to get it in kit version, but can't seem to find it in my price range. Once again, Excellent workmanship
                    Al

Comment

• Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
                      Hello all,

Since Daniel is posting such great pics of his Racers, I thought I'd add mine to the group also.

The Racer were built by me (porscheman) not Daniel. I know if you see us in person, we are like identical twins. Kind of like Arnold and Danny from the movie "Twins"
                      Thanks,
                      Al, the good looking twin.

Comment

Yes, the red car is a limited set of just 150 -- and yes, I did add lights and open it up and add a chip!

... SPEECHLESS....

Comment

Hey Daniel-- great work here. Where do you get the very thin green and red wire?
                          This is one I am using now. Has 4 wires flat that you can split. Excellent quality and you can differentiate + of - due to the writing the wire have. Find it in hobby train shops or eBay. Is a little bit more rigid that the others.

Miniatronics 25' 4-Conductor Flat Mini Wire, 28 Gauge

These are the ones of the picture and come in Red, Green and Black. Same, you can find it in hobby train shops or eBay.

Miniatronics Corp 10' Strand Ultra FlexWire 30 Gauge

Cheers
                          Daniel

Last edited by slotcardaniel; 04-21-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                            The Racer were built by me (porscheman) not Daniel. I know if you see us in person, we are like identical twins. Kind of like Arnold and Danny from the movie "Twins"
                            Thanks,
                            Al, the good looking twin.
                            LOL! Sorry about that. You know I finally broke down and went to Lakota Collectibles. I've been there three times now. It's a great place. Thanks for alerting me to his shop. I even took my son one time and we were both amazed at the car selection-- and the prices cannot be beat!

Comment

• CARRERA EVO JAGUAR D-TYPE & FERRARI UOVO CONVERTED TO CARRERA D132

Here are today's conversions. Very easy and they are incredible fast !!!!

Posting 682/ page 46 of this thread has the pictures of my first Ferrari Uovo converted to D132.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...=49412&page=46

Enjoy,
                              Daniel

Ferrari Uovo Chassis

Jaguar D-Type Chassis
                              Last edited by slotcardaniel; 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Nicely done Daniel.

I see you cut back on your Hot Glue, supply running a little low
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X