Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars Converted to Carrera Digital

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I stopped by Lakota today to buy a chip and I got the chip and another Racer. I couldn't resist, I've been eyeing this one in red for a long time and told myself wait until June when I have more money And there it was a Black 250 GTO Racer Silver Series. Needless to say, I won't be chipping for a while, because I'm the proud owner of this incredible slot car and totally out of cash.
    I will be chipping it tonight, but no LED's for light's, they haven't arrived yet. This is just a little teaser, I'll post the chipping progress tomorrow.
    Al


    Last edited by porscheman; 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM.

    Comment


    • OH, my Friend AL in what horrible situation you are now

      I will initiate right now a foundation to raise money so we can send you food coupons.

      Daniel


      BTW....that racer, can you please tell me exactly what color is it ?



      Great Car AL.......ENJOY IT !!!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
        OH, my Friend AL in what horrible situation you are now

        I will initiate right now a foundation to raise money so we can send you food coupons.

        Daniel


        BTW....that racer, can you please tell me exactly what color is it ?



        Great Car AL.......ENJOY IT !!!!!
        Daniel,
        I may be poor, but I have a great looking Ferrari and I finished it. I stood the capacitor on end, leaving it on the chip. Doing this with the cap eliminated any need for interior modifications and trust me this interior is fantastic, you don't want to hack it up.
        Thank you for the nice comments.
        Al


        Last edited by porscheman; 04-23-2012, 06:57 PM.

        Comment


        • Nice Ferrari Al
          I wish I was as poor as you so I could get a Racer Ferrari!!!
          Randy

          Comment


          • Al- that car is incredibly beautiful!

            Comment


            • I been looking for one of these Revell kits for awhile and I found this one online monday for $9.00, it's comes molded in purple. (if your interested in getting this kit, PM me and I'll give you the site, he has more in stock) This will be finish over the weekend, The body was painted with Tamiya grey primer, Bright Blue Met. and then 6 coats of Testors clear. The chassis is a Slot it HRS2 universal and the interior had to be modified and will be painted in a semi-gloss black and the glass will have a 60's period window blue tint. As soon as the clear dries the chrome trim will be added. This ones for ideas for Dave (DW5555), our American Muscle Car Man There's more muscle cars in 1:32 of this era to be released by Revell shortly.
              Al


              Last edited by porscheman; 04-28-2012, 04:02 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                I been looking for one of these Revell kits for awhile and I found this one online monday for $9.00, it's comes molded in purple. (if your interested in getting this kit, PM me and I'll give you the site, he has more in stock) This will be finish over the weekend, The body was painted with Tamiya grey primer, Bright Blue Met. and then 6 coats of Testors clear. The chassis is a Slot it HRS2 universal and the interior had to be modified and will be painted in a semi-gloss black and the glass will have a 60's period window blue tint. As soon as the clear dries the chrome trim will be added. This ones for ideas for Dave (DW5555), our American Muscle Car Man There's more muscle cars in 1:32 of this era to be released by Revell shortly.
                Al


                All done Mounting the chassis was a pain in the *^s This car is fast and handles quite well, I just worry about the 1st crash with the balsa wood chassis sub frame. I couldn't get any pictures of the frame because all the work is hidden. If your going to try one of these, do your homework, maybe a Carrera chassis would work better. Just check your wheelbase
                Al




                Last edited by porscheman; 04-29-2012, 12:09 PM. Reason: typo's

                Comment


                • Nice job AL I went with the carrera COT chassis as it seemed to be easier to fit and the correct wheelbase but only time will tell if I'm right as I'm still fighting with that [email protected] ford focus of yours.
                  Nothing on that car is the same as mine (One I did orginally) so after working all the bugs out with mine and figuring yours would be the same I setup the chassis ahead of time and discovered nothing would fit/work so I started all over from scratch. Can't believe the same model from scalextric can be so different!!!

                  Comment


                  • PS: Al Bass wood works better for making body posts/supports.
                    Chris

                    Comment


                    • CHIPPING THE SCALEXTRIC FERRARI 330P4

                      HI Guys

                      I was some weeks out of the hobby, but now I am back. For my return I have chipped this beautiful Ferrari 330P4.

                      I hope the driver will not be too uncomfortable for having the chip over his legs...

                      Car drives very smooth, no modifications done, the magnet is very strong as it is and change lanes and count laps without any problem. The chip is working perfectly. I used the 26740. The lights are as they came from factory, connected to the power wires of the motor, so they go on when you push the controller, as in analog.

                      Enjoy the pictures :





                      The hole for the IR-LED is bigger than usual because the IR-LED is deep inside the chassis so I wanted to be sure that the IR-LED signal have no interferences.


                      Cheers
                      Daniel
                      Last edited by slotcardaniel; 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Very nice Daniel It's nice to see you're back. What about those F40's you were going to do?
                        Al
                        Last edited by porscheman; 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                          Very nice Daniel It's nice to see you're back. What about those F40's you were going to do?
                          Al

                          You are correct. Those will be the next ones.

                          Cheers
                          Daniel
                          Last edited by slotcardaniel; 05-20-2012, 07:06 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Nice job Daniel

                            Comment


                            • If you seen my thread on the car on News & Reviews, you knew I was going to chip it. Very nice running car and fast. This is the Sideways Crown Royal #SW12.
                              Al



                              Comment


                              • Man, your fast, great looking car, might have to be my first sideways car...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X