Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first try with an SCX car, Suzuki Swift Super 1600. This car has been a ton of fun to drive since I removed the magnet

Comment

• Which chip did you use? Very nice job.
      Al

Comment

• Thanks Al! I used #26732 and just snipped the plugs and soldered. It was a tight fit, but it did

Comment

• Nice job Guin! !!!!!!!

The car looks great. Keep posting your jobs.

Do you know that you can completely remove the chip switch if you want to flaten the chip against the chassis. I have posted some pictures on this thread. That is nice to do on cars like this one and in the mini coopers for example, provides you more space for the interior.

I also have found, at least in my NSRs, that if I have the chip LED protruding down in the chassis I miss several times the lap counter and LC sensors. Could be because NSR chassis are very flat againts the track? . In those cases I have to supplement the space between chassis and chip to have the LED higher inside the chassis and I do the hold a little wider. That works great.

Great car and great work! !!!
          Daniel
          Last edited by slotcardaniel; 06-16-2012, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guin View Post
            Thanks Al! I used #26732 and just snipped the plugs and soldered. It was a tight fit, but it did
            A little tip: I use an 1/8" drill bit on an cordless screw driver for drilling the LED's. The slower speed of the screw driver makes a nice clean job and the 1/8" bit is the same size as the LED. I also modify the switch, but I just cut the white switch off with a hobby cutter and use the switch body as a support. No need to drill a hole for the switch unless you plan on running your cars analog. Here's an example picture.
            Al

Also, I know I posted this earlier. I was told to change the braids to the following. These increase the performance of the car greatly.

Just cut the brass ends off with a good pair of scissors and put the cut end through the guide. This is a worth while upgrade that is very noticable and improves contact with the track.
            Last edited by porscheman; 06-18-2012, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Ferrari GTC converted to D132

Here are two Carrera Ferrari GTC's that I chipped.
              Both of these were used cars I picked up on E-bay. They were in good condition except the front tires are old and cracking, so I need to pick up some tires to finish them. Other wise they turned out out pretty good .
              Randy
              http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...p?albumid=2104

Comment

• Randy.....NICE CARS AND JOB! !!!

I can see you attached the chip using the screw as they come in the D132 from factory.

- you screwed it directly to the chassis?

- Or you added a supplement or whatever between chassis and chip to be able to use the screw?

Cheers
                Daniel

Comment

• Nice cars randy!!!! Great looking job as well!!!
                  Liked the cars so much I bought the black Ferrari...
                  Can't wait to work on it...

Comment

• Thanks Daniel!

To hold in the chip I glued in a piece of plastruct 1/8 tubing for the screw that holds the chip. I drilled a 1/8 hole in the chassis and super glued in the tubing. I didn't take a picture of it on these cars, but here is a pic of it on a different chassis.

Randy

Comment

• Thanks Vinny,

I have always liked the Ferrari GTC's and had three of the first gen. digital swing magnet cars. They were not the best running/handling cars so I sold two of them and replaced them with these two cars. Here's the three I have now, the two converted ones and the D132 one.

Randy

Comment

• Randy,
                        Real nice Your workmanship looks like it came out of the factory.
                        Great job.
                        Al

Comment

• Hey Thanks! AL

Randy

Comment

• It's been awhile, but I'm back I'm going up to Daniel's house the end of July to do some racing and a little R&R before I start my new job. So I needed something that is fast to give Daniel a run for his money.
                            This is the NSR Mosler and yes Chris all the lights work. I had 2 bad chips and finally the third was the charm. The 1st 2 weren't new and the last was. It doesn't pay to try do it the cheap way. It ended up costing me in gas for the new one. Easy chip, the lights were a pain. I'm waiting for a lexan interior to finish it out. This car flies.
                            Al

Last edited by porscheman; 06-29-2012, 04:22 PM. Reason: I can't spell for ^*@t

Comment

• Nice job Al

Comment

• Nice job Al if you're gonna race that against Daniel you may as well fill up the last magnet pocket!!!
                                LOL, you guys love your magnets don't you? Great to see lights, makes it look complete those are supposed to be one of the fastest NSR, lets see how long it takes before someone else orders one?
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X