This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
    Nice job Al if you're gonna race that against Daniel you may as well fill up the last magnet pocket!!!
    LOL, you guys love your magnets don't you? Great to see lights, makes it look complete those are supposed to be one of the fastest NSR, lets see how long it takes before someone else orders one?
    Chris
    I will not order one Chris just because I do not like those Mosler's. Independently of what car Al brings home I am pretty sure that if he race against himself, he will lose the race .

As you mentioned Chris, he do not understand that the only lights he will see will be my cars brake lights ...

Beside all the others NSR's, I got this week these 2:

His blue Corvette will be like a toy after I have these 2 tuned for the race. I will also have Carrera D132, Slot.it, Sideways and NSR's, all ready for the weekend race at Daniel's Raceway:

Al will be arriving Friday night. He will have till Saturday AM to set-up his cars to my track and after that......it will be like the 24 hs of Le Mans....non-stopping racing till Sunday afternoon.

I will stop here because this thread is for chipping cars. More pictures of the track new look and track set-up for the race of the year will be coming in the following weeks.

Sorry AL .........but you will lose

Daniel
    Last edited by slotcardaniel; 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Daniel.
      We may be racing on your home turf, but "Team Al" is ready for the challenge
      Al

All chipped and ready for what ever you got

Comment

• You guy will have a controller in each hand to race all those cars!

Comment

• Carrera Dodge Viper

This was my latest project, a Carrera Dodge Viper, it has Carreras old sidewinder direct-drive system. It looks like it would be easy to chip this chassis, but it most likely wouldn't run with other Carrera cars of this kind. Putting a Slot.it chassis under the body would work too, but also wouldn't run similar to cars of this type that I have. So I decided to try to fit a cut down COT chassis under it.

It was a little more work than most projects, but turned out pretty good and it was a fun project.
          I was able to remove the wheels from the axles and put them on the COT axles. This makes the car look like it is a stock Carrera Viper.

Check out my gallery for more pictures of the car

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...p?albumid=2122
          Randy

Comment

• Randy, I know you do alot of mods using the COT chassis. Do you know if the Impala and the Avenger have the same wheelbase and outside dimensions. I've been wanting to change over a chassis from the older Evolution style and wasn't sure if they were the same size.
            Love your work.
            Dave

Comment

• This is an Audi R8 evolution ..custom lighting and really like this car...

The next is a Scalextric porsche. custom lighting as it comes with none, and really easy to chip...awesome drvie

The last is a Carrera Evoltuion Ferrari ...lovely car, not very fast but super nice to look at ..

Last edited by vinny25; 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                Randy, I know you do alot of mods using the COT chassis. Do you know if the Impala and the Avenger have the same wheelbase and outside dimensions. I've been wanting to change over a chassis from the older Evolution style and wasn't sure if they were the same size.
                Love your work.
                Dave
                Dave,
                I was wondering how long it would take you to see Randy's excellent Viper. Randy always does such nice work on his chipping.
                Al

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny25 View Post
                  This is an Audi R8 evolution ..custom lighting and really like this car...

The next is a Scalextric porsche. custom lighting as it comes with none, and really easy to chip...awesome drvie

The last is a Carrera Evoltuion Ferrari ...lovely car, not very fast but super nice to look at ..

Vinny,
                  Whose A8 is that?
                  Nice work
                  Al

Comment

• Randy, your work is excellent, as always. I do not have yet that side of the hobby, but I like to see what others can do. BTW, that car is awesome.

Vinny, nice chipping work and very nice cars, but I have to tell you that I am impressed with your pictures, they look great !!!!. I have to stop taking pictures with the phone ....

Cheers to Both

Daniel

Comment

• hey Al, thanks, the Audi is a Carrera analog.. lovely car and the purple lights kinda match the look of the car..

Daniel, thanks!! i just purchased a Canon T3i rebel that im hooked on...so im just shooting away!!

thanks fellas

Comment

• Randy, I know you do alot of mods using the COT chassis. Do you know if the Impala and
                        the Avenger have the same wheelbase and outside dimensions. I've been wanting to change
                        over a chassis from the older Evolution style and wasn't sure if they were the same size.
                        Love your work.
                        Dave,
                        I really haven't done that many cars with the COT chassis, but it did work out good on the
                        ones I did. It is a nice chassis because it is low and flat.
                        The Impala and the Avenger/Charger chassis are the same, I think the new Impala is also the same.
                        I did some quick measurements of the chassis, they may not be exact, but are close, here's what I came up with.
                        Wheelbase is 3.425"/87mm
                        Width or track is 2.283"/58mm

Randy

Comment

• Vinny, nice chipping work and very nice cars, but I have to tell you that I am impressed with your pictures, they look great !!!!. I have to stop taking pictures with the phone ....
                          Vinny, I agree with Daniel, nice work on the cars and impressive photos, especially the pics of the Audi

Thanks Daniel and Al

Randy

Comment

• Yahoo, Got my Boss

Many many thanks to MRS 32lbKing for letting me check another off my list. I've been lookin at this for a long time. I was suprised it had headlights (Even if they are yellow). Only thing required was tail lights. I don't know if anyone runs their lights thru tubing but I've been doing this for awhile and it makes for a clean install with no light bleed through. This car would benefit from a 2nd set of tail lights on the outside of the posts but I'm happy as is. All chipped and runs great. Great pairing with the 69 Camaro.
                            Dave

Comment

• Nice Job Dave. Thanks for shearing it. I have not seen that technique for the lights. If you have the space it is very clean.

What tubing are you using ? From where do you get it?

Cheers
                              Daniel

Comment

• Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                                Many many thanks to MRS 32lbKing for letting me check another off my list. I've been lookin at this for a long time. All chipped and runs great. Great pairing with the 69 Camaro.
                                Dave
                                Hey Dave,Judy says you're very welcome
                                Maaannn...you didn't waste any time getting that chipped
                                Now THE question;Which one is faster,the Ford or the chevy? If it's not the Mustang you did something wrong when you put it back together

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X