This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
    Nice Job Dave. Thanks for shearing it. I have not seen that technique for the lights. If you have the space it is very clean.

What tubing are you using ? From where do you get it?

Cheers
    Daniel
    Daniel,
    It's 3/16 Styrene (plastic) tubing. The LED's just fit inside. Should be available at any hobby store. Just cut the length you need, glue to the body, insert the LED's and away you go.
    Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
      Hey Dave,Judy says you're very welcome
      Maaannn...you didn't waste any time getting that chipped
      Now THE question;Which one is faster,the Ford or the chevy? If it's not the Mustang you did something wrong when you put it back together

Randy
      Next time you're over we'll have to see...I'll even let you be Fordman.... Now to get down there and do all the repairs from our last outing. Not from you of course.
      Dave

Comment

• This is a fantastic thread and has been of great help in chipping my own cars. Question I have is I've noticed some folks just remove the switch from the bottom of the chip. How do you do this without damaging the chip? Do you just pull it off, cut if off or some other method?

Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtracer View Post
          This is a fantastic thread and has been of great help in chipping my own cars. Question I have is I've noticed some folks just remove the switch from the bottom of the chip. How do you do this without damaging the chip? Do you just pull it off, cut if off or some other method?

Thanks,
          Just cut it off flush with a sharp razor knife. That's how I do it. Make sure it is set properly before you cut it though.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtracer View Post
            This is a fantastic thread and has been of great help in chipping my own cars. Question I have is I've noticed some folks just remove the switch from the bottom of the chip. How do you do this without damaging the chip? Do you just pull it off, cut if off or some other method?

Thanks,
            If you refer to my postings , I remove the full switch with a flush cutter. Just cut the 6 legs the switch has.

You can find flush cutters on almost any hobby stores, as well as in hardware stores.

Daniel

Comment

• I may not be able to chip this now, but look what I got from Rich today. Sideways Capri and it will have lights. This will be an easy one. The car comes with adjustable front and rear suspension and the interior is flat, no modification needed. I can't wait to start, Daniel, you want to help a sick guy out and drive for 5 hours to help chip it?
              Al

Comment

• I like it ! The mailman brought me that one today too, first thing I thought of is how cool it would look with lights. Not sure I'm going to chip mine or not yet..looked to me that the inside of the body will have to be cut out to allow the light through the lenses, what do you think?

Comment

• Looking at the inside of the body where the headlights are mounted, if you trim the plastic weld the headlights should come off. I would put a piece of masking over the lenses so they stick to the tape and not the carpet Next I would drill an 1/8th hole for each LED and mount them flush so you can replace the lenses and wrap the exposed LED with Bare Metal Foil so no body bleed is seen. The tail lights I'm going to do in the same fashion, but I will blank out everything but the red light with a piece of Bare Metal Foil, so light doesn't shine through the body either.
                  Al

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                    I may not be able to chip this now, but look what I got from Rich today. Sideways Capri and it will have lights. This will be an easy one. The car comes with adjustable front and rear suspension and the interior is flat, no modification needed. I can't wait to start, Daniel, you want to help a sick guy out and drive for 5 hours to help chip it?
                    Al
                    Al the car is very pretty. I will plan a trip to your house in the near future. I want to give you time to recover so when I win the races you will not be able to say "OH, I lost because I am still not recovered".

In the meantime, ship me the car and I will chip it. I can install the lights too but will use hot glue to keep the LED flush in the body and will cover it internally with black liquid tape to avoid light shining through the body. It will be a piece of ART .

Daniel

Comment

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
                      In the meantime, ship me the car and I will chip it. I can install the lights too but will use hot glue to keep the LED flush in the body and will cover it internally with black liquid tape to avoid light shining through the body. It will be a piece of ART .

Daniel

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                        I may not be able to chip this now, but look what I got from Rich today. Sideways Capri and it will have lights. This will be an easy one. The car comes with adjustable front and rear suspension and the interior is flat, no modification needed. I can't wait to start, Daniel, you want to help a sick guy out and drive for 5 hours to help chip it?
                        Al

I finish chipping this one. What a nice runner and very fast. I will be adding the lights as soon as I get back to normal. This is a must have!
                        Al

Comment

• Nice Job AL.......as always . Plenty of space for a chip.

Daniel

Comment

• AL, Looks like you are feeling a little better
                            Nice job on the Capri

Randy

Comment

• Thank you all. Thank god only my speech was affected and not my hands. I can express myself through my conversions. My voice sounds just like the Staples buttom. That Was Easy!!! with a stutter and you would have to remove the batteries after 5 minutes.
                              Al
                              Last edited by porscheman; 07-27-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• love the car AL. also hope your heatlh is on the up and go!!!!

all the best!!

Comment

Working...
                                X