Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did one of these for someone a year ago and I used the 26732 chip. See if you can get the Lexan interior, it'll make it an easy job.
    Nice running car.
    Al

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoffh View Post
      Has anyone chipped one of these and what chip did you use?
      [ATTACH]33982[/ATTACH]
      Look Porscheman posting 895 on page 8

Daniel

Comment

• Do you guys buy led lights off any of the auction sites? Whats the best color for bright lights? Is it better to have resistors on the leds when ypu buy them?

Thanks Randy

Comment

Do you guys buy led lights off any of the auction sites? Whats the best color for bright lights? Is it better to have resistors on the leds when ypu buy them?

Thanks Randy

Have you seen "adding lights" on this thread :

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=57550

I only add resistors if the 3V LEDs are connected directly to the motor wires. If you connect them to to the chip you do not need resistors.

Cheers
          Daniel
          Last edited by slotcardaniel; 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Sorry. I knew there was a post with lights. Thanks. I want to add indicator lights for fuel on cars that dont have them. I like the m20 cars that have amber lights in back.

Thanks Randy

Comment

Sorry. I knew there was a post with lights. Thanks. I want to add indicator lights for fuel on cars that dont have them. I like the m20 cars that have amber lights in back.

Thanks Randy
              If you want to have "flushing" lights the only way to make it flushing is connecting them to the chip. In that case you do not need any resistor. I am sure you have seen many examples in that thread. But ask as many questions as you want. I learned in that way, and I am still learning.

Enjoy the hobby.
              Daniel
              Last edited by slotcardaniel; 12-07-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Daniel, I just picked up the riley pontiac. Did you have to take the interior out when you chipped it? How does that car handle?

Thanls Randy

Comment

• Randy,
                  It makes it a lot easier to get the Lexan interior for 5 buck's or a cut a piece of black construction paper, but has no detail like the Lexan insert.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Al

This is one for a Audi, they make them for all their cars and the Racers use Slot it bodies. I couldn't find a picture for the Riley
                  Last edited by porscheman; 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Daniel, I just picked up the riley pontiac. Did you have to take the interior out when you chipped it? How does that car handle?

Thanls Randy
                    One like this one ?

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...=49412&page=15

go to post 225 on page 15 of this thread for details. I left the interior because the Barrel (Capacitor) was relocated.

As posted by AL the Lexan interiors are great, but I do not like to paint so I do not use them. In the NSRs P68 I used a picture, looks nice too and is flat, lots of space in the car in that way. Finally I decided to use a sheet of adhesive black foam and take the interiors in cars that I am going to race strong in the track. I meant not for collection or just to have some laps. You never see the interior when racing.

The P68 Interior and the picture beside. You take the head of the guy and place it in the picture.

What I do is to cut all the shape of the figure, place a piece of the adhesive black foam sheet to keep the picture in place and be able to fix it to the interior. The head has a stick under the neck and you insert it in a hole made through the picture and foam. The car crashed 100 times and the guy still has his head on

Originally posted by rjhoffh View Post
                    Daniel, I just picked up the riley pontiac. Did you have to take the interior out when you chipped it? How does that car handle?

Thanls Randy
                    All these Sideways handle GREAT !!!

Daniel
                    Last edited by slotcardaniel; 12-07-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• I have read those threads and enjoyed them. I like trying to make the mods look like they should be there and add some paint to interior pieces. Good to hear handling wont be a problem. Getting lexan and machining is no problem I do it for a living lol.

Thanks Randy

Comment

• Just chipped a 2002ish carerra exclusiv Porsche gt1 "le mans 97"

Was a bit of a pain on the performance side after chipping.

Had to make a little room for the chip, and had to narrow the chip slightly.

Front headlight needed conversion to led.
                        Flag guide needed modification to work with lane changers, I had to add a lowering spacer and add weight to the front end the car was very light in the nose and desloted easy.

The led taillights just needed a rewire for the digital hookups. All lights work as normal.

Comment

• Nice

Nice one!

Comment

• Nice job !!!!

Daniel

Comment

• have to add the magnet to it if i want to complete with the newer cars.
                              I have an Audi A4 i'm converting also.

Made the mistake of buying 2 cars not realizing how old they were.

Comment

• Dan,
                                Excellent job!!! I use the wafer magnets on my Slot it's, they are very thin, so there isn't any clearance problems.
                                Al
                                Last edited by porscheman; 12-10-2012, 06:37 PM. Reason: gotta learn how to spell

Comment

Working...
                                X