This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipping the NINCO 5034 LOTUS EXIGE

Added a Slot.it magnet in the middle of the car (see picture). There was NO need to modified the interior at all. BUT !!!! if you leave the wires from the guide (black wires of picture) as they are in the picture the chassis will not close because the interior will be doing pressure over those wires. I have to move them to the front and hide it under the chip without desolderign them. The other 2 wires can stay as they are in the picture.

Car is VERY !!!! noisy, but goes fast enough to be able to race with my Carrera cars (11,51" 110f at 18V PS). I like it very very much and will stay among the racers.

Thanks Dave (dw5555) for making me change my mind and not sold it.

Daniel
    Last edited by slotcardaniel; 12-28-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Nice job Daniel. Your installs are getting better and better all the time.
      Dave

Comment

• Nice job as usual Daniel. BTW with a little setup and some tweaks the noise can be eliminated from those Ninco angle winder cars and once you setup them up right they can be VERY fast and handle great.
        Chris

Comment

• you could try and put some tooth paste on the gear and hook it up to a 9 volt battery and let it run for an hour, clean up the gear and oil, that will make it quite and smooth

Comment

• 1st attempt:

Used a 10mm stand off from Radio Shack (cut in half) to secure it to the chassis:

Comment

• well done !!!!! Nice clean job . what is a 10mm stand off . Can you post a picture . I can imaging what you referr to but I do not remember anyone doing that and I would like to Learn . Your pictures are great too.

Daniel

Comment

• Originally posted by scrjon View Post
                you could try and put some tooth paste on the gear and hook it up to a 9 volt battery and let it run for an hour, clean up the gear and oil, that will make it quite and smooth
                Thanks for the tip. I will do it .

Daniel

Comment

• Chipped a new Slot.It Audi R18 today

I hadn't seen anyone chip one of these yet, but if someone has, I'd love to hear what they might recommend... not so much on the chipping, but how to get the front end down. I have pics that show how I chipped it, which was easy, but my challenge is that I usually replace the front guide with the larger Slot.It piece, however this particular car has a special guide that is supposed to be longer, and doesn't appear to be easily swapped out with the larger guide. Normally I could just use the stock one, but in the case of this car, the front end actually curves up a bit which makes it really difficult to stay in the track, especially on any rises in the track.

A taller guide would help, but I'm actually thinking that it may be a design flaw in the car, as I havent had any of the Slot.It cars deslot as easily as this one. It has stock braids, they are special, so not sure how to replace them unless I could get a different guide for it.

Curious of anyones experiences, if they have had any with this car (I'll have another pic of the car after the chip was installed):

Then I chipped another Slot.It Racer, the McDonalds 77, which went easy, and runs well, other than it being a bit light in the front end... no lights for now... maybe later if the body survives our track

Comment

• http://m.radioshack.com/radioshack/p...egoryId=&path=

I cut one of these in half and used a slightly longer screw and nylon washer to secure the chip. The standoff was glued down right in front of the pod. I'll try and get some pictures to you tomorrow

Comment

• I actually don't mess with those, as hot glue seems to work awesome, and is easy to remove if I need to redo.

Here are some better pics of the Audi R18 after chipping, and also how terribly it conforms to a rising track... hoping someone has some ideas.... I did loosen the engine pod, but didn't remove any of the screws, but that still wasn't enough to allow the chassis to flex on the rising curves shown.

Comment

• What carrera chip do you guys use on the slot it car? I am looking at chipping my slot it McLaren, I am fairly new to slot cars and never chipped one, and I am not the best at soldering.

Comment

• On Slot it's, I always use a 26732 chip. It fits nicely and give you the ability to add lights. Home Depot has a nice quick heat pencil style soldering iron for about $32.00. It make soldering much easier and while your there, get yourself some 3/16 shrink tube over where they sell crimp on connectors. Need any help, PM me.
                          Al

Last edited by porscheman; 12-31-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vdubn View Post
                            I actually don't mess with those, as hot glue seems to work awesome, and is easy to remove if I need to redo.

Here are some better pics of the Audi R18 after chipping, and also how terribly it conforms to a rising track... hoping someone has some ideas.... I did loosen the engine pod, but didn't remove any of the screws, but that still wasn't enough to allow the chassis to flex on the rising curves shown.

Do you have any set screws on the front axle? This can help adjust the positioning, also check with Rich on getting different guide to better fit your track.
                            Al
                            Last edited by porscheman; 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• If you can not solve the R18 issue sell it and get the new carrera R18. They race very well, are fast and to improve the magnets i trued the rear and front tires 2 mm with the Razor truer. Thst allowed to have the magnet 2 mm neared the slot. No they go incredible well.

What you can try is what AL suggested. If that is not enough take the front tires and see if problems continues. If it is gone, then you can reduce the front tire diameter to a point that do not touch the track in the section you have the issue.

My 2 cents......I am not sure if that will help....sorry.

Well done with the chipping !!!!

Daniel

Comment

• Dean,
                                I notice you have the red brush wires running the way Slot it installed them under the axle. Try relocating to above the axle, this will allow the axle run free and then you can adjust the allen set screws to level out your cars.
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X