This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revell '66 Dodge Charger

I put this car together for a X-mas present for a friend, so I didn't want to post pictures of it until he got a chance to run it.

Since I didn't like how the Revell-Monogram chassis ran when I chipped the my '67 GTX Stock car, I didn't even try to chip the Revell-Monogram chassis. I went right for an old style Carrera analog Evolution stocker chassis, which is what I ended up putting in the GTX.

It now runs right with the GTX, the Carrera Torinos, Charger 500s, Daytonas and the Roadrunners that have this similar chassis.
    I made an adapter from a piece of flat plastic for the rear and glued two piece of plastic angle together for front. Then I was able to use stock holes in chassis to mount the body.
    Had to trim front of chassis and front bumper on body to make the chassis fit and I had to cut down the interior for clearance for the chip and motor.

He really likes it and has it broken in with a couple of hundred laps on it already .

Randy

More pics: http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...p?albumid=1743

Comment

• Nice job Randy

Do you want to be my friend ?

Daniel

Comment

• Nice job Randy

Do you want to be my friend ?

Daniel
        Thanks Daniel!!!
        I would have got you a present, but you have everything already
        Randy
        Last edited by rtrandy; 01-08-2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Really nice Randy I could use a nice present like this. I don't have a 66 Charger, so I don't have everything
          Al

Comment

• Really nice Randy I could use a nice present like this. I don't have a 66 Charger, so I don't have everything
            Al
            Thanks Al.

Al I have a Charger and GTX that are waiting their turn to be converted, One can be yours to use when you stop over for a visit
            Randy

Comment

• I'll be North of Chicago in a couple of weeks. You better get to work.
              Al

Comment

• I'll be North of Chicago in a couple of weeks. You better get to work.
                I better get down to the work bench and stop posting

Randy

Comment

• I'm new to slot racing (had a Scalextric 400 set back in England in the early 80's), but just got my first set since then this past Christmas here in NY. Its a digital 124 Hot Rods set by Carrera, and I LOVE it!

There is so much to learn, and I made it to page 19 on this thread, and am really impressed with the fact that other brand cars can be digitized to run on Carrera digital tracks. But it is also overwhelming for a newbie like me.

I'm asking for help on the digital 1/24 issue. I understand that the 1/24 uses a 18v PS. Before my purchase, I contacted Carrera and asked if their 1/32 digital cars would work on the 1/24 digital set, and I was told they would not. The 1/32 set uses a 14V PS, and the 1/24 PS would burn the motors of the 1/32 cars if I ran them on the 1/24 set.

I'm not interested in 1/32 scale. I'm really interested in converting Tamiya or Monogram/Revell 1/24 model static kits into cars for my track. So I'm thinking I need a chassis (I really like the H&R slider), but that comes with (like many motors offered with a RTR chassis), a 12V motor. So from what I learned (above), I'm guessing the 12V motor will not work? Then there's the question of Amps which I am unsure of.

And then of course the Carrera digital chip would be needed, which I think I have a good understanding of thanks to this forum.

Can someone please list all I would need to convert models or other slot cars to work with my digital 1/24 Carrera track? Thank you all for your help! I apologize if this was not the right place to post this question, but if I go to the "1/24" thread, again there are many analog conversions taking place, so I thought it best to post here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coyote Shy View Post
                    I'm asking for help on the digital 1/24 issue. I understand that the 1/24 uses a 18v PS. Before my purchase, I contacted Carrera and asked if their 1/32 digital cars would work on the 1/24 digital set, and I was told they would not. The 1/32 set uses a 14V PS, and the 1/24 PS would burn the motors of the 1/32 cars if I ran them on the 1/24 set.

I'm not interested in 1/32 scale. I'm really interested in converting Tamiya or Monogram/Revell 1/24 model static kits into cars for my track. So I'm thinking I need a chassis (I really like the H&R slider), but that comes with (like many motors offered with a RTR chassis), a 12V motor. So from what I learned (above), I'm guessing the 12V motor will not work? Then there's the question of Amps which I am unsure of.

Can someone please list all I would need to convert models or other slot cars to work with my digital 1/24 Carrera track? Thank you all for your help! I apologize if this was not the right place to post this question, but if I go to the "1/24" thread, again there are many analog conversions taking place, so I thought it best to post here.
                    Coyote,
                    Welcome...your question is exactly in the right place. Anytime you have a Carrera specific question post it here and you will likely get a faster answer than anywhere else as most of us here either like or run Carrera cars.

Yes you can run 1/32 cars with the 1/24 power supply. Our resident chipper "SlotcarDaniel" consistantly abuses his cars with 18v with no issues.

While we're on the power supply issue, the stock 1/24 power supply you have is really only good for running 2, maybe 3 cars at a time. This is where the amps come in. The 1/24 power supply is in the area of about 2 amps I think. The cars on start up, draw the most amps and exceeds the power supply. So if your planning on running more than 2-3 cars you will need an aftermarket P.S. OR if your main interest is driving your converted cars you can find a 1/32 P.S cheap thats good for 4 cars. (Higher amps, lower volts) The black box that came with your set will support 5 amps will take you to 4 cars.

As far as your conversions go, your only limited by your imagination and $$$. The H&R chassis would be good and there's plenty of room in the 1/24 body style for a chip. I would assume that as long as your using the lower voltage motor you can use the plentiful 1/32 chips in the many sizes and shapes, but I will let someone who has actually built a custom chime in on that one.

Enjoy your Carrera and your car building.

Dave

Comment

• I confirm that D132 cars run well with the D124 higher voltage PS. The secret is that you will rarely drive them full power, or they would fly off the track... So they support it well. The gears might wear quicker though...

I'd say a D124 chip is needed in 1/24 cars because the motor is bigger and draws more power voltsxamps), even if you power it with the D132 PS.. And of course you might want to run them with the D124 PS as well.

Comment

• Thank you for the responses. Ultimately I would like to run carrera 1/24 and other 1/24 cars together (up to 4). It seems that I should be able to run 12 v motors with my digital 124 PS, so I think I'll get a h&r slider chassis with a 12v motor, throw on a body with 1/24 digital chip, and see what happens. I will keep you posted, it will be my first build ever so I'm not even sure how it would come out! But tomorrow I should get the Carrera 1/24 Aston Martin and Ferrari 599! Can't wait to try those! Thank you again!

Comment

• chipped today...

A couple I just finished this evening.

Comment

• Looks really good, I'm guessin the sweeper is hidden in the garage there somewhere?
                            Dave

Comment

• I'm too picky..I can't settle on a brush I like for it...I haven't forgotten about it...I'm sick of using a Swiffer every night before we race. Something's gotta change!

Comment

• Replacement IR diode on Carrera 132 Decoders

Hi all,

I am planning to chip the Carrera Evolution Ford Thunderbird '56 "Gothbird" http://www.carrera-showroom.de/pages...-gothbird.html to Carrera 132 digital.

The trouble is that the car's engine in mounted in front. That leaves no room to place a decoder in a way to ensure that IR diode is positioned properly (just behind the front left wheel).

The only solution I see at this moment is to:
                                - remove the IR diode from the decoder,
                                - place the IR diode at the proper position (behind the front left wheel)
                                - place the decoder in the rear (it would literally reside in the trunk),
                                - re-connect the IR diode with the decoder with wires.

I am afraid, however, that I might destroy the diode when I unsolder it from the chip, due to excessive heat I may create

Does anyone knows where could I find a replacement diode?

Thanks

Mustang_GT

Comment

Working...
                                X