Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this is great information for me another beginner but what I really need is video or you showing me how to do the convertion?
    Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by ferraridan View Post
      All this is great information for me another beginner but what I really need is video or you showing me how to do the convertion?
      Dan
      you really need to start looking around the forum, or elsewhere othe internet. not many videos out there, but step by step instructions better then what you get for any instruction manual. you dont need a video to show you the conversion, just read up on the conversion for a few vehicles, and that will tell you what you need to cut, where to place the led and chip, ect. video is only helpful if the video creator is chipping the same car you are.

Comment

• Carrera Digital converted OLD SKOOL TEXACO SIERRA COSWORTH

Hi all,
        So I finally decided to give this a crack!

When i first bought into Carrera Digital, i went down the s/h route and bought an old F1 set. The cars had seen better days and have since just sat in the box...so i decided to rob the chip out of one and see if i could convert one of the good old analog Scalextric Ford Rs500 Sierra Cosworths from the late 80s/early 90s. I have had this car for years and just kept it as a reminder of the times i had with my old set when i was younger....
        Now it has been re-born!!

The F1 chip obviously has no light facility, so i was only able to substitute it as an in-line chip, however by keeping all the wiring for the capacitors, the headlights and Brake lights still work as normal!

These cars have next to no magnetraction, so its a real handful, but my its fun!!

Vid of it running in Ghost mode.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DdMwgVzKxI"]CARRERA D132 converted Scalextric Sierra Cosworth - YouTube[/ame]

Now i`m tempted to try and find some other old Scalex cars and convert them!

Comment

• Carrera Digital converted OLD SKOOL TEXACO SIERRA COSWORTH

Hi all,

When i first bought into Carrera Digital, i went down the s/h route and bought an old F1 set. The cars had seen better days and have since just sat in the box...so i decided to rob the chip out of one and see if i could convert one of the good old Ford Rs500 Sierra Cosworths from the late 80s/early 90s. I have had this car for years and just kept it as a reminder of the times i had with my old set when i was younger....

The F1 chip obviously has no light facility, so i was only able to substitute it as an in-line chip, however by keeping all the wiring for the capacitors, the headlights and Brake lights still work as normal!

These cars have next to no magnetraction, so its a real handful, but my its fun!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DdMwgVzKxI"]CARRERA D132 converted Scalextric Sierra Cosworth - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Scalextric Dallara Indy Red Bull # 52. Just chipped today, this thing runs great!

Comment

• Carrera Exclusiv Audi R8

Comment

• Originally posted by scalexdoza View Post
                Hi all,

When i first bought into Carrera Digital, i went down the s/h route and bought an old F1 set. The cars had seen better days and have since just sat in the box...so i decided to rob the chip out of one and see if i could convert one of the good old analog Scalextric Ford Rs500 Sierra Cosworths from the late 80s/early 90s. I have had this car for years and just kept it as a reminder of the times i had with my old set when i was younger....

CARRERA D132 converted Scalextric Sierra Cosworth - YouTube

Nice job !!!!

I like the track too

Daniel

Comment

• BryanClark.......WELL DONE .....Nice job and cars. I like the F1 setup with the guys.

Daniel

Comment

• Another car chipped this weekend-FLY Porsche 934

Chipped another car this weekend..

Fly Porsche in the Jagermeister livery. I had to cut away a large part of the interior to get it to fit, but still managed to retain most of the cockpit, driver and roll cage. Driver has no legs now....

Car doesnt seem to be the smoothest runner. May need breaking in a bit, but its very tight and noisy. I have oilded the axles and greased the gears, so we`ll see if it improves over time.

As the car is a rear motor design , i thought i`d remove the Magnet. The front seem to bob up and down a little, so added the magnet to the front to add weight as well as a little downforce on the guide.

Car wags its tail and drifts like a dream.... just like the real one did!

Comment

• You have been a busy, busy boy! Track and cars.....I personally don't own any Flys but from what I've read they need a bit of tuning to get them to run good. Did a good job with the install.
                      Dave

Comment

• Does anyone have a photo of the chip placement for a Slot.it GT-40? I've googled searched like crazy and can't find a photo. Can I shave down the motor pod to make it lower to the chassis?

Comment

• I know Scaley Ford Gt's (You have to lose the interior) have been done, me included but I don't think a Slot-it has been done. I took a look at mine and it doesn't appear that it will fit with the interior intact. You have 2 choices, remove the interior and paint the inside of the windows black or remove the interior and buy a flat lexan interior. Then mount the chip in the normal manner behind the front wheels. There's plenty of room.
                          Slot-it makes a replacement lowered pod, don't sand..

Dave

Comment

• SCX Aston Martin DBR9 Modena converted to D132

I Noticed that there was not really anything in the SCX portion of the thread that showed SCX cars converted to D132. Here are the pictures of the finished product:

This las picture shows how I soldered the motor tabs to the copper contact directly. he motor pod shifts and sometimes contact is lost, even though the pod is hot glued in.
                            Last edited by carlosinseattle; 12-18-2013, 02:21 PM. Reason: Pics added

Comment

• F1 club car

I chipped this car at the end of last year, but hadn't got around to showing pictures until now.
                              It is the Carrera F1 Club car from 2003, in the past these cars were going for some steep prices.
                              So I never thought of getting one. Now that more of these cars have been available I was able to get one for a reasonable price.

It wasn't to difficult to chip, but some trimming is needed.
                              I used is the # 26742 chip, this is the older style chip that was used in a lot of the first Carrera digital cars. I used this
                              chip because these earlier F1 cars have the standard can motor not the narrow can motor.

I fit the chip in the chassis, there are two simulated vents on the chassis that have to be cut down
                              for clearance. They are hard to see in the pictures, you can see them in this next picture I took from the side,
                              they are already cut down and the chip is installed.

After I had the chip installed and all wired in, I put the body on, but it didn't fit. Luckily I hot glued the chip in.
                              I had to unglue it and move it over a little. I also had to make the LED hole bigger. I also had to do
                              a little trimming inside the car body. Again it's hard to see in the pictures, but around where the driver is mounted
                              I trimmed one side it make it fit.

This last picture shows under side of the car when it was done. I didn't cut a hole for the reversing switch, because it can be accessed through old reversing switch hole. You can also see where I hade to make a bigger hole for the LED.
                              Randy
                              Last edited by rtrandy; 02-23-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• As always Randy your work is great. I didn't think anyone was chipping anymore...
                                It's also nice to see Slot-it starting to make some of their cars Carrera digital chip ready. I think they have 2 out right now..

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X