Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks rtrandy, I want to try other manufactures but I like the selection of different cars of Scalextric and love the performance of Slot it. Here's my latest Slot it Porsche. My next project is an MRRC Shelby 427 Cobra. I love the challenge.
    Al

Last edited by porscheman; 10-25-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Nice work. I seem to mangle every chasis. I should just mail you my car and parts. jk

Comment

Originally posted by DucatiDern View Post
        Nice work. I seem to mangle every chasis. I should just mail you my car and parts. jk
        Send them to me, I'll do them for No Charge, just pay for postage.
        Al

Comment

My latest chip, a MRRC Shelby 427.
          Al

Comment

Now that’s really nice Al

Looks like a tight squeeze for that F1 chip – well done.

Cheers

Comment

re: MRRC Cobra-- did you have to cut up the interior any?

Comment

Scootcar,
                I had to make many modifications to this car. This the first car I've done with an Indy Chip, so my chassis mod's were off from my regular chip. I had to extensively modifiy the interior, no more floor, the driver lost his lower half of his body and the seats are glued to the inside of the body. I had to change the guide and the braids for one form a Revell Stock Car. The tires have flat spots from the car being mounted to tight to the display case, so new silicones are coming.
                This car is very fast running a 36,000 rpm motor, but a lot of weight is needed for the rear end because with this power this car is to light in the corners.
                Even with the chip mount towards the middle of the car, because of the motor location, this car never misses a lane change. With a little work, this car will be a supercar. I recommend this car, but not for the faint of heart.

Al

Comment

Al you should try making a tray out of styrene wider and longer than the interior tub,
                  Cut the driver down to just below his arms, seat backs as well and the dash if able to modify
                  and glue them to the styrene tray and paint it. I have done this on quite a few carrera chipped cars as there was no room for a full interior and even after cutting and hacking the interior up
                  there is always some binding so I just gave up and make trays for all the cars, most you cannot tell except for the open cockpit one's like your cobra but it still looks great.
                  Better than having the head sticking up over the rollbar windshield!!! One rollover and he's a dead man Al. Or is he just standing up because the windshield sticker is blocking his view?
                  I know I'm a pillick!!
                  Chris

Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                  My latest chip, a MRRC Shelby 427.
                  Al

Comment

AL....don't pay attention to the last paragraph of Ottawasloter, we know they guy

You did a great job.....that car looks great......but I have a question Why the guy has his head over the windshield ?

Daniel

Comment

• Chris,
                      The driver is very short, you should see the scale phone books he's sitting on. Your tray idea is excellent and I'll try it on my next chip. Oh BTW I'll be lowering shorty tomorrow, only you would see the standing driver.
                      Al

Comment

• Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
                        Al you should try making a tray out of styrene wider and longer than the interior tub,
                        Cut the driver down to just below his arms, seat backs as well and the dash if able to modify
                        and glue them to the styrene tray and paint it. I have done this on quite a few carrera chipped cars as there was no room for a full interior and even after cutting and hacking the interior up
                        there is always some binding so I just gave up and make trays for all the cars, most you cannot tell except for the open cockpit one's like your cobra but it still looks great.
                        Better than having the head sticking up over the rollbar windshield!!! One rollover and he's a dead man Al. Or is he just standing up because the windshield sticker is blocking his view?
                        I know I'm a pillick!!
                        Chris

Better?
                        Last edited by porscheman; 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• That's more like what I would expect from somebody I KNOW is a true model builder! Well done though Al love the Cobra as well but man is it over motored, it's like they really wanted it to behave like it has an actual 427 in it. I swapped motors to something a little tamer and added a bit of weight behind the rear axle, an absolute blast to drive now with urethanes on the rear.
                          Chris

Comment

• Can you show pics of the insides with the changes you just made? I have two MRRC Cobras that I have yet to chip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
                              Can you show pics of the insides with the changes you just made? I have two MRRC Cobras that I have yet to chip.
                              Hope these pictures help. Make sure you have some Crazy Glue and some excellerator for the glue, you can get this a hobby shop. Also I find a pair of hobby side cutters are perfect, they have them at Michael's. You can keep the seats and driver but cut the driver above his waste or Chris will make fun of you. I couldn't save the console though, not enough room.
                              Hope these help.
                              Al

Last edited by porscheman; 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• That helps a lot. Thanks. It looks like a Scalextric Cadillac LMP I chipped. Great job.

Comment

Working...
                                X