Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great idea with the carpet tape , sometimes hot glue gets a bit messy. I was thinking the same thing with placing the led over that slot, I'll have to give it a try, I just didn't try it because I was eager to get it going and it was the safest bet that it would work while not having to drill the chassis.

Comment

• Since there are now 51+ pages to go through, has anyone converted a Scalextric L88 or the Mercury Cougar? Can you send or post photos please?

Bruce

Comment

• Bruce,
        I chipped a Cougar when they first came out, but didn't take pictures in progress.
        So here are some pics of the finished car. I used the newer smaller #26732 chip, so it fits right over the DPR door. With just the back ends of the chip and the capacitor sticking past the door opening. So you will have to do some trimming on the interior for clearance.
        I did a lot of work to this car which isn’t needed just to chip it. I cut the whole interior down for clearance, because I lowered the front of the car down. Cut the front valance off the chassis and glued it to the body and trimmed a little off the sides of the chassis for some body float. But none of these are needed to put a chip in it.

Randy
        Couple more pics in Gallery http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...p?albumid=4200

Last edited by rtrandy; 12-02-2017, 02:09 PM. Reason: Added Pics

Comment

• Thanks Randy. That looks doable.

Bruce

Comment

• My contribution... Ford Falcon Interceptor - Mad Max 1 =^_^= The dark One :P

If you can observe, I added a magnet bar in front of the car, and I let stronger the magnets behind the Interceptor. I did not like the quality of Scalextric. I found it much less than Carrera. Very light, very fragile material, and horrible guide! small and fragile. It took a lot of work to make this Interceptor run gracefully on the track against the Dodge Charger.

do not try to beat MAX !!! my cameraman died after that attempt. May Odin receive him in Valhalla... shiny & chrome.

[YOUTUBE]BoErF8p-9jI&t[/YOUTUBE]

Hope you like it.

Comment

• Chip for Carrera RS Spyder?

Hi Guys;

I am trying to chip the Carrera Porsche RS Spyder (and older Audi R8). It is digital ready, but it apparently takes a different chip (26733) which appears to no longer be available. Anyone know if the 26732 might fit? It appears that this car has the LED in a slightly different spot than most of the others...

Thanks for any advice/Info.

Cheers;
              Eric

Comment

• Eric, it looks like these cars were made to use the old chip (26733) or the new chip (26732) depending on when they were made.

So you may have the earlier one that is set up for the 26733.

There sure looks like there is room for the 26732 in there, but you will have to drill holes in the chassis for the switch and LED. They would end up being more forward toward the guide.
                I will check I may have one or two of the 26733 chips somewhere, these were the retro fit chip to convert from Pro-X to D132.

Randy

Comment

• Ex Inferis,
                  Nice job on the Ford Falcon Mad Max Interceptor looks like it will be a fun car.
                  Thanks for posting the pictures ad video.

Randy

Comment

• Hey Eric,
                    I do not have experience with these two cars, but as Randy stated it does look like the 26732 should fit (hole cutting required). Check out this thread by slotcardaniel.

There are currently 2 of the 26733 chips listed on the auction site. PM'd you the link.

Comment

• Thanks Guys! I have the early series of cars (2 of them) so the 26733 is the correct one for them. I can see how fitting the 26732 chip should not be that difficult though. I will likely pick up those ones on EBAY (thanks OldStrombeckerGuy!) but I may also try to fit a 26732 just for the fun of it to learn if its possible.

Will report back...

Thanks;
                      Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrandy View Post
                        Ex Inferis,
                        Nice job on the Ford Falcon Mad Max Interceptor looks like it will be a fun car.
                        Thanks for posting the pictures ad video.

Randy
                        Thank you! putting the chip was easy. It was complicated to improve the car to run as Carrera. but I did not like the Scalextric. Very fragile and the guide is very bad. They look like toys. A pity the Carrera not have many models

Comment

• Originally posted by Racer944 View Post
                          Thanks Guys! I have the early series of cars (2 of them) so the 26733 is the correct one for them. I can see how fitting the 26732 chip should not be that difficult though. I will likely pick up those ones on EBAY (thanks OldStrombeckerGuy!) but I may also try to fit a 26732 just for the fun of it to learn if its possible.

Will report back...

Thanks;
                          Eric
                          Hope you were able to make it fit. If not I still have some spare 26733 chips laying around if you want/need one.

Comment

• Something Different

I've got about a dozen cars 1/24 cars from the mid 60's that my dad and I raced back then. They have been sitting neglected so I decided to start stretching their legs. Of course they don't handle but that was to be expected especially on 50 yr old silicones. The new 1/32 chip fits perfect between the rails. The front part of the chip rests on the plastic wheel bushings and the rear can rests on a nut so hot glue worked perfect. No metal to metal. The chip should handle the Cox motor, not sure the of specs. Everything woks as it should.

Dave

Comment

• Very cool Dave! Wish I would have kept my cars from the 60's. Ahhh...I can smell that tire goop now!

Comment

• I posted a thread about conversion, but love how this car came out. Will consider other Pioneer options.

Comment

Working...
                                X