This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
    This car is very fast running a 36,000 rpm motor, but a lot of weight is needed for the rear end because with this power this car is to light in the corners.
    Even with the chip mount towards the middle of the car, because of the motor location, this car never misses a lane change. With a little work, this car will be a supercar. I recommend this car, but not for the faint of heart.

Al
    Hey Al,

I'm still trying to figure out how much motor a Carrera chip will handle for my 1/24th builds.This is the most powerful motor that I've seen anyone chip so far.[My MRRC Cobra fishtails halfway down the 21' straightaway on stock tires!]I am curious to know how it works out.
    Do you have much driving time on it yet?

Thanks,

Randy

Comment

• Randy,
      I'm taking it over to my Slot Dealer now to get new tires and him make a couple of adjustments.
      I'll let you know tonight. I only ran the car for 2 laps. It's to fast to keep on the track.
      Al

Comment

• Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
        Hey Al,

I'm still trying to figure out how much motor a Carrera chip will handle for my 1/24th builds.This is the most powerful motor that I've seen anyone chip so far.[My MRRC Cobra fishtails halfway down the 21' straightaway on stock tires!]I am curious to know how it works out.
        Do you have much driving time on it yet?

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,
        This is what is needed to get this cars to run right. $36.00 for the car on sale, $24.00 for the chip and $40.00 for everything above, the most expensive car on sale I've ever bought. The motor is a 22,000 rpm. BTW the Carrera 1:24th chip can handle 1 1/2 amps.

Al
        Last edited by porscheman; 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post

Randy,
          This is what is needed to get this cars to run right. $36.00 for the car on sale, $24.00 for the chip and $40.00 for everything above, the most expensive car on sale I've ever bought. The motor is a 22,000 rpm. BTW the Carrera 1:24th chip can handle 1 1/2 amps.

Al
          I remember going into an automotive speed shop back in '74 to buy a toploader 4 speed for my '69 mustang.I got a great deal on it too.Behind the cash register,on the wall,was a sign that read,"SPEED COST MONEY,HOW FAST YA WANNA GO?" Boy,ain't that the truth!
          Me and my buddy are carrying the transmission out the door and the owner says "you know you're gonna need a bigger clutch and pressure plate,don't ya?"
          3 weeks later I was giving him more of my hard earned money.Thus began a long relationship...

That AC COBRA of yours oughta really rock! The info on the chip is what I'm looking for.You didn't find that out by burning one up,I hope.
          Still curious to know how she runs..

Thanks,

Randy

Comment

• Randy,
            I'll let you know of how it runs when I finish it tomorrow night. When I stopped by the Slot Dealer today, I asked him about the 1:24th chip. He also said the MRRC red motor pulls close to 3 amp, thus the reason for buying the 22,000 rpm motor.
            I also know about dropping serious cash on a real car, I'm an antique Porsche owner. Should have bought the 64 T Bird, at least that gets 13 mpg instead of 3 mpg highway.
            Al
            Last edited by porscheman; 10-31-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I remember going into an automotive speed shop back in '74 to buy a toploader 4 speed for my '69 mustang.I got a great deal on it too.Behind the cash register,on the wall,was a sign that read,"SPEED COST MONEY,HOW FAST YA WANNA GO?" Boy,ain't that the truth!
              Me and my buddy are carrying the transmission out the door and the owner says "you know you're gonna need a bigger clutch and pressure plate,don't ya?"
              3 weeks later I was giving him more of my hard earned money.Thus began a long relationship...

That AC COBRA of yours oughta really rock! The info on the chip is what I'm looking for.You didn't find that out by burning one up,I hope.
              Still curious to know how she runs..

Thanks,

Randy
              Randy,
              It's finally done , the new tires, wheels and motor make this car into a super slot car. The Slot it parts make the conversion easy and fast, just make sure you buy the Slot it torque wrench and a good pair of glasses
              I now love this car and it only takes a 1/2 hour.
              Al

Last edited by porscheman; 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• So that's an MRRC Cobra with Slot.it rear end and Carrera chip, right?

I knew a guy once who took the chassis of a Ford, body of a Chevy and the engine of a Dodge, and you know what he got?

Ten to twenty years!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post
                  So that's an MRRC Cobra with Slot.it rear end and Carrera chip, right?

I knew a guy once who took the chassis of a Ford, body of a Chevy and the engine of a Dodge, and you know what he got?

Ten to twenty years!

Phil,
                  I heard a similar story a long time ago. Some guy,took a Ford motor,a 10 or 11 year old body from across the pond['53 Ace Bristol,I think]and a bunch of metal tubing for a chassis...
                  He had a really girly name...Carroll something,I think
                  His story ended a little better

Al,you got me pumped up about that Cobra! I haven't ran mine in quite a long time.I'm gonna leave mine analog as I love that crazy power of the stock motor. I'm going to switch my track back to analog for a few days and mess around with tuning it.I just got some silicones for it.Haven't put 'em on yet,though.I added some weight a long time ago,it helped a little,but not a lot.Maybe more magnet and a taller gear.I can't imagine this car ever running magless.

Randy

Comment

Phil,
                    I heard a similar story a long time ago. Some guy,took a Ford motor,a 10 or 11 year old body from across the pond['53 Ace Bristol,I think]and a bunch of metal tubing for a chassis...
                    He had a really girly name...Carroll something,I think
                    His story ended a little better

Al,you got me pumped up about that Cobra! I haven't ran mine in quite a long time.I'm gonna leave mine analog as I love that crazy power of the stock motor. I'm going to switch my track back to analog for a few days and mess around with tuning it.I just got some silicones for it.Haven't put 'em on yet,though.I added some weight a long time ago,it helped a little,but not a lot.Maybe more magnet and a taller gear.I can't imagine this car ever running magless.

Randy
                    Randy, Phil,
                    Here is a list of equipment that was used to get the MRRC Cobra the way it looks in the pictures above.
                    Hope this helps.
                    Al

1 Slot it PA01-50 Axles 2 per package so you can do 2 cars. I cut a 1/4" off
                    1 Slot it GI26-Bz Crown Bx ins.
                    1 Slot it PA23 Torque wrench (must have, you need it for all the set screws)
                    1 Slot it PI08 Pinion Gears (2 per pack)
                    1 Set Slot it PA38-ALs 17x8 Aluminium wheels (they come with wheel inserts)
                    1 set Slot it PA02 Bushings 2 per package
                    1 set Super Tires 1408C silicone tires
                    1 Slot it 22,000 rpm motor
                    Optional Magnets Professor Motor PMTR1063

Comment

• This is the best one yet The Alfa is by far the fastest and best handling car I own. This car is a must have for chipping. Use the the Indy Chip and you won't have to modify the interior that much.
                      Al

Comment

• I have the Alfa #34 that I haven't chipped yet. Looking forward to it some day.... Right now I have four cars waiting to be chipped. Just too busy I suppose.

Comment

• I plan on chipping an Alfa and a slot.it GT next week. I ordered one of the new Alfas, and it's going to be modified to run with my analog club. My original Alfa is going to be 'retired' to the digital pastures. I have a slot.it 312 PB and a Fly 917 to run with them.

I had ordered a couple of the early F1 chips for that purpose. Glad to hear you didn't need to modify much to get it to work.

Comment

• Bruce.
                            I didn't have an Indy chip so I had to use a 26732 chip and that's how I know your interior modification should Be little. The Black can should be your only cut. I painted mine red to look like an extinguisher. Because I use the other chip the interior on my Alfa looks like my Cobra. The Alfa's interior is only a little more than a 1/4'" deep. Also the Alfa's chassis is shorter than any other Slot it, so I had to use one of the adjustment screw hole for the LED so I removed the front screws and use an 1/8 drill for the LED and had to glued the screw mount to the chassis.
                            When I do my other Alfa I'll use the Indy Chip.
                            You learn from your mistakes and try to share with others so they don't do the same errors.
                            But this is still the best car I've chipped!
                            Al
                            Last edited by porscheman; 11-06-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• I hadn't chip any in a while and have cars and chips just sitting here waiting to be run so I thought I'd do a couple today. For cars without lights the 26740 chip worked good, very little interior trimming on the Camaro and none on the SCX NASCAR.

Comment

• Is that a 40oz glass of milk in the background with the camaro with 22 inch rims?

Comment

Working...
                                X