Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol- I didn't notice that until now. We'll probably find out the glass is 1/32 scale so it's representing a 500 oz glass of milk.

Comment

• HAHAHA, Milk, it does a body good !!

that is a styrofoam cup i should got out of the shot....LOL

Comment

• Carrera Evolution Torino

I had a friends Torino that I started converting to D132 earlier this year sitting on the shelf and I finely got around to finishing it this past week. It is a fairly easy job, like most of the Evolution cars there is a lot of room for the chip. I did have to trim a little of the bottom of the interior though for a little more clearance around the motor.
        To see more pics use this link to my gallery
        http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...p?albumid=1612

I never ran into this problem before, but the car came from the factory with the older style guide on the right, in the bottom pic and it would not close the lane changer and would sometimes deslot in the changer. I have this guide on one of my 'Cuda's and it works fine, this car may be lighter in front, causing the guide with its rounded front to ride over and not close the changer. Changed guide out to the newer style and now it works good.
        Randy

Comment

• Randy,
          Nice work!!! How's it run?
          Al

Comment

• Thanks Al,
            I have not put any hot laps on it yet, I will let my friend put the first scratches on it. I did put some laps on it and it looks like it should run pretty close to my chipped Road Runner. So should make some close racing.
            Randy

Comment

• I liked the 1st Alfa so much I decided to do the newest one. The new car is much lighter and the interior is thinner making chipping easier, also I used the Indy chip on this one giving me more room. The car also has Slot it's best chassis, big improvement! The new chassis is on the right.
              Al

Comment

• AL got a virus.......he can't stop chipping !!!!!.

Al, if you need to have the virus under control I can send you my cars for chipping .

WELL DONE AL.......ANOTHER GREAT JOB !!!!

Daniel

Comment

• Looks good Al

AL got a virus.......he can't stop chipping !!!!!.
                  When he runs out of chips he will have to stop, maybe???

Comment

• Scaley Ford GT

Here's a heads up. There are 6 mounting screws for the body. I thought 4 would be enough, it's not, you need the center mounting screws.
                    I used the std 732 chip cause that was what I had, I saw that the chip covered the center mounting holes but thought I didn't need them. The conversion was straight forward. I lost most of the interior. The only thing left was the dash and sides. Covered the bottom of the interior with electric tape and it looks fine other than no driver.
                    I'm not sure if the F-1 chip would fit any better, I was looking for the dimensions of the different chips before I got started but still can't find any. The chip needs to be at least 3/8" shorter to uncover the mounts. However, cutting the interior loses the holes where the screws attach to so you will still have to fabricate something for the chassis screws to attach to.
                    My only option now if to fabricate a screw mount in the center of the chassis and see if that will pull the body down.
                    How does it run? Don't have a clue, track is disassembled for landscaping.
                    See all the conversion pics in my album.
                    Dave

Update: I took the interior out and it fits great without the center screws. I tried trimming more out of the interior but there wasn't anything left to put back in. Just have to paint the windows black. I can live with that.
                    Last edited by dw5555; 11-12-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Dave,
                      I been doing a little checking for you. The Indy Chip is only a 1/4 inch shorter than the 732. what you need is a 26733 the same chip they used in the 2005 Mustangs. As far as the center screws go, as soon as your track is back together try the chassis without the body. If all works fine put the put a drop of instant glue on each side of the center of the body that attaches to the chassis and put your 4 screws in. Instant glue can always be broken loose with a small knife or screw driver.
                      Here's how the other chip will will fit.
                      I just layed this on top of an already chipped new style GT. I checked, you should have plenty of room with no interior modifications at all. Your car doesn't have lights, so clearence should be no problem. Just put electrical tape on the front part of the chip that goes over the front axle,
                      Al
                      Last edited by porscheman; 11-12-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Dave-- you finally got your GT40, huh? Cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                          Dave,
                          I been doing a little checking for you. The Indy Chip is only a 1/4 inch shorter than the 732. what you need is a 26733 the same chip they used in the 2005 Mustangs. As far as the center screws go, as soon as your track is back together try the chassis without the body. If all works fine put the put a drop of instant glue on each side of the center of the body that attaches to the chassis and put your 4 screws in. Instant glue can always be broken loose with a small knife or screw driver.
                          Here's how the other chip will will fit.
                          I just layed this on top of an already chipped new style GT. I checked, you should have plenty of room with no interior modifications at all. Your car doesn't have lights, so clearence should be no problem. Just put electrical tape on the front part of the chip that goes over the front axle,
                          Al
                          Al,
                          That's why I was askin about the dimensions of the different chips in the part section. Would have been nice to have the info before hand. Most of the LHS around here only stock the 32 chip so I had nothing to go by. Thanks for the info though. My interior is toast now, this was info for someone attemping the same. The body fits now so I probably run with no center supports. By the way the controllers are great, nice packing.
                          Dave
                          Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
                          Dave-- you finally got your GT40, huh? Cool.
                          Henry, if I waited til Carrera comes around, I'll be out of the hobby again!
                          Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                            I liked the 1st Alfa so much I decided to do the newest one. The new car is much lighter and the interior is thinner making chipping easier, also I used the Indy chip on this one giving me more room. The car also has Slot it's best chassis, big improvement! The new chassis is on the right.
                            Al

Just curious how the one on the right handles lane changes and lap counting. Did you remove the LED from the chip and relocate it? I would think that with the chip offset so far to one side, the LED would miss the track sensors.

Comment

• Actually the off set is only on the inside of the chassis, if you look at the picture of the bottom of the car the LED is in the perfect position. This car changes lanes every time you want it to. Pits, refuels and registers laps and handling is impressive to say the least. I did add an additional magnet though, stacked it on top of the original. Both cars are impressive but the one on the right is easier convertion.
                              Al
                              Last edited by porscheman; 11-13-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Well I'm going on vacation on Thursday for 2 weeks, so this is my chip for awhile. But I'm going to Chicago my home town and there are a lot of slot car stores there so I should find something to do.
                                My lasted is a Scalextric Torino, easy chip, very little interior modifications. My 1st new car was this year Torino Rancharo GT with Crager, I wish I had it today.
                                Daniel and Randy were right, I can't stop and I have 10 chips left just waiting for cars
                                Al

Last edited by porscheman; 11-16-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X