Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have R2 banked curves on my track, after a downhill, 10-foot straight. At 60% power, probably all of my cars could take it full throttle. Above that, it starts to depend on the car's handling limits. But you don't have to lift very much, and with borders in place, you have a little more time to gather in a sliding car than you do on a flat curve. In other words, the banked curves are more forgiving than flat curves.

Beware, though, higher speed deslots lead to spectacular crashes when cars fly over the banks!

Comment

Everyone really likes it when the Nascars do a barrel roll after goosing it too early coming off the banking. Very realistic.

Comment

Speaking of curves, can the tracks that are used for the loop and the flyover, be used flat? I want to build a simple hill-climb circuit on 1:43, but the set has loops and flyover, that I have no use for. It looks like the curves on the flyover would work flat, what about the loops?

Comment

i have 3 bank with borders 14 ft straight into turn full speed even when i run my parma 16d and jk falcons no problem with flying off track i to have a 5 yr old but hes a pretty good driver now..

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
            Speaking of curves, can the tracks that are used for the loop and the flyover, be used flat? I want to build a simple hill-climb circuit on 1:43, but the set has loops and flyover, that I have no use for. It looks like the curves on the flyover would work flat, what about the loops?
            No.

Comment

The loops are loops forever.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post

These are the flat curves.

1. The tightest curve is the 1/60 curve (number 2 in this picture). It's the standard curve in most sets.

2. If you'd cut the 1/60 in half you'd get the 1/30 curve, it's not a tighter curve, just half of the standard's size. The 1/30 curve is number 1 in the picture.

3. Next is the 2/30 curve (which fits outside the 1/60 curve if you're making a 4 lane track). It's number 3 in the picture.

4. Next is the 3/30 curve, it's number 4 in the picture.

5. Last, and the widest radius curve is the 4/15 curve. It's number 5 in the picture.

The 1/30 comes with 6 pieces in the box... (to make a complete 180 degree curve)
                The 1/60 comes with 3 pieces in the box... (to make a complete 180 degree curve)
                The 2/30 comes with 6 pieces in the box... (to make a complete 180 degree curve)
                The 3/30 comes with 6 pieces in the box... (to make a complete 180 degree curve)
                The 4/15 comes with 12 pieces in the box... (to make a complete 180 degree curve)
                I think I got the curves figured out, but totally lost on the shoulders. I spent an hour with Rich in Philly today trying to get the right ones for my curves.
                Al

Comment

Can somebody tell me... If I understand well about the curves, you have some options. But I need to know what is the distance to join 2 straights tracks...
                  Example: 1/30 with 6x = 180 degres ok. Outside distance between the #1 and #6 is __?___inchs
                  Please does anybody have this info: See the drawing here...

1|h Distance from here...
                  2 |e
                  3 |r
                  4 |e
                  5 |
                  6|? ...to here (Outside the track)

1/30 6x 180deg = ? inchs
                  1/60 3x 180deg = ? inchs
                  2/30 3x 180deg = ? inchs
                  3/30 3x 180deg = ? inchs
                  4/15 12x 180deg = ? inchs

I want to build a track and have to order some curves, and be sure about what I need to join 2 straights with the good kit. thank you !

Comment

Jetpilot...

Originally posted by JetPilot View Post
                    Can somebody tell me... If I understand well about the curves, you have some options. But I need to know what is the distance to join 2 straights tracks...
                    Example: 1/30 with 6x = 180 degres ok. Outside distance between the #1 and #6 is __?___inchs
                    Please does anybody have this info: See the drawing here...

1|h Distance from here...
                    2 |e
                    3 |r
                    4 |e
                    5 |
                    6|? ...to here (Outside the track)

1/30 6x 180deg = ? inchs
                    1/60 3x 180deg = ? inchs
                    2/30 3x 180deg = ? inchs
                    3/30 3x 180deg = ? inchs
                    4/15 12x 180deg = ? inchs

I want to build a track and have to order some curves, and be sure about what I need to join 2 straights with the good kit. thank you !
                    The measurements you are looking for are;
                    1/30=31 3/8" 1/60=31 3/8" [these 2 are the same radius,2-1/30 sections are equal to 1-1/60 section]
                    2/30=46 7/8" 3/30=62 3/8" 4/15=77 7/8"
                    These measurements are from outside edge to outside edge of FLAT curves.Banked curves would measure a little less.
                    If you have room for a 4/15 curve,you will love it.You can go almost full speed and hang the tail end way out if you add shoulders!

Have fun,Randy

Comment

How about the curves for 1:43? Since there arent any aprons for this scale , i figure i will model some up and 3d print them.
                      Last edited by oneredz; 12-08-2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oneredz View Post
                        How about the curves for 1:48? Since there arent any aprons for this scale , i figure i will model some up and 3d print them.
                        For 1/43 you have the equivalent of the R1, R2 and R3. That allows you to built a 4 lane 1/43 track.

Look in any vendor (like hotslot132) for 1/43 curves and you will find the 3 sizes.

Daniel

Comment

I am looking for the outside radii of the curves to make aprons. I will look around but i have not found the technical dimensions for them yet.

I found this so far, but it doesnt have curve 3:

Curve 1/45 Inner radius 114 Outer radius 228 Lane Spacing (mm) 57 Inner lane lenght (mm) 111.9 Outer Lane lenght (mm) 156.68
                          Curve 2/45 Inner radius 228 Outer radius 342 Lane Spacing (mm) 57 Inner lane lenght (mm) 201.5 Outer Lane lenght (mm) 246.22
                          Curve 1/90 Inner radius 114 Outer radius 228 Lane Spacing (mm) 57 Inner lane lenght (mm) 223.8 Outer Lane lenght (mm) 313.36
                          Last edited by oneredz; 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

FYI, the inner radius of one curve is the outer radius of the next smaller one.

Here are the specs on the Carrera site.
                            http://carreraslots.com/Merchant5/me...p_carrera_help

Comment

Thanks, sorry i forgot to mention i was looking for 1:43
                              track pieces. From what i have found, looks like the IR of the R1 tracks is 114mm.
                              Last edited by oneredz; 12-08-2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

This is the info I was looking for.Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X