Wireless+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless+

The new Wireless+ 2.4ghz controllers have arrived and are being shipped to your favorite dealer.

Cool!

Now I have to decide whether I want these or anti-collision chips for my self inflicted Christmas present....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
      The new Wireless+ 2.4ghz controllers have arrived and are being shipped to your favorite dealer.
      Thanks Dave! How about news on the 30160 Long Race Set with the 2.4 ghz controllers? Has it made it in yet?
      Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
        Cool!

Now I have to decide whether I want these or anti-collision chips for my self inflicted Christmas present....
        Just a quick note, for Christmas planning . If Henning Hotopp is charging 5.95 Euro for shipping, it takes 7 days. If the charge is 2 Euro, it takes 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
          Cool!

I would buy both if I were you, you deserve it tell your wife I said so I already have the anti-collision installed on my track and have to admit...the anti-collision is pretty Has anyone heard or know if the controllers will come with different thumb trigger caps if you use 4 controllers. Not a big deal but, it would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
            Thanks Dave! How about news on the 30160 Long Race Set with the 2.4 ghz controllers? Has it made it in yet?
            Murphy
            Yes that set is here too.

Comment

Yes that set is here too.
              Awesome! I'll be tracking one down asap.
              Thanks sir!
              murph

Comment

I will have mine Friday !
                Thank you HotSlots !

Comment

Sooo for us analog guys....
                  Can you use what comes in the box,chip the track and have a wireless analog race??

Comment

Originally posted by 2FER SLOTS View Post
                    Sooo for us analog guys....
                    Can you use what comes in the box,chip the track and have a wireless analog race??
                    You'd need a digital powerbase as well. Either a CU or a Black Box.

The receiver for the wireless controllers plugs into the powerbase. The powerbase encodes the controller signal in the voltage stream sent to the track. The car chip (or in this case the lane chip) reads and decodes the signal encoded in the track voltage stream.

Comment

more that one set?

-Hey guys

Anyone know if i would be able to use one of these in addition to the one that is coming with the long race set i have on order? so I can have 4 of the new wireless controls?

Thanks
                      - Rex

Comment

yes you can control up to 6 cars wirelessly. So you'd need 1 of the 10109 double sets of controllers. you only need to program the controllers you don't need to plug in the additional receiver you have as 1 receiver can accept the signals for all 2.4ghz controllers.

Comment

yes you can control up to 6 cars wirelessly. So you'd need 1 of the 10109 double sets of controllers. you only need to program the controllers you don't need to plug in the additional receiver you have as 1 receiver can accept the signals for all 2.4ghz controllers.
                          Just to be absolutely clear..If I want to use four wireless controllers and have four chargers, can I buy two of the 10109 sets and use them together?

Thanks
                          Chris

Comment

First Impressions

Well they are here !

Setup was simple, replace a straight section with the straight that comes with the wireless +
                            Started charging them, CU timed out before they fully charged, had to hit start on CU a couple of times before controls fully charged. Not really a big deal, but don't leave for a couple of hrs and expect them to be fully charged when you get back.

Followed instructions for syncing them to the receiver.

If you have a car coded to a wired controller 1, and setup the wireless as controller 1, you do not have to recode the car. Otherwise, after syncing the controller, you will have to code the car from the CU.

Using them is great, they fill similiar to the wired ones. Mine worked 20' away, with a couch blocking any line of site. They seem to be as responsive as the wired, with no apparent lag time.
                            No observed interference in my mancave, which has a lot of RF controls. I did notice that my Home theater RF control receiver was picking up the RFsignals from the controllers, but was not sending the signal to any components. Thats a good thing.

In my perfect world, which may be different than yours, the controllers would have an eyelet for a neck strap. With my wired controllers, I have numbers 1 thru 4 on the wires. It would be nice if there was a Carrera supplied way of numbering the controllers.

Most important, would I buy them again after having them for a day and a half ? Yes

Comment

was going to buy..but...

How does Carrera expect them to charge, say, overnight? Or at all unless you sit there hitting reset on the CU? Dave?

Comment

Working...
                              X