Wireless 2.4GHz not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless 2.4GHz not working

Hey guys, I am new to the slot world, and having a blast. I have bought a Carrera 1/32 Digital Long Race # 30160 it comes with the 2.4GHz wireless controls. Everything worked great for a few days, and last night one car lost its headlights, but the tail lights work. I did all the right things, wait 3 seconds hit the button. Still nothing. Then the cars started to stutter and stop, but the closer I would get to the receiver, the stutter would go away. OK, must be time to charge the controls. Not the case here, the controllers are completely charged and still I have to hold each of the controllers right next to the receiver to keep the cars from stuttering and stopping. Is there something im doing wrong here?

Flat Battery?

First thing that comes to mind is the batteries in the controllers, have you checked this? Do a search on the Carrera Forum, there was a thread about wireless set up.
    Here is one search http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...rrera+wireless

Here is another http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...rrera+wireless

If you feel there is a problem Carrera USA are very good at Product support and Warranty, try contacting them direct, or speak to the Store you bought from I am sure they well help you.
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 04-04-2014, 08:43 AM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Shank, also check your contact brushes under the cars to make sure they're clean and healthy. If you guys are doing a lot of racing, those can get worn and flat and cause those issues. And make sure your controllers are programmed each differently to a seperate position (1 through 6).

Comment

Got it working

Thanks guys, I pulled the batteries out of the controls and reinstalled them. A quick reprogramming and we are racing again. Still no headlights on one, but that may be because my boy crashes a lot. Lol. Now it's time to get it off the floor and on to a rotating table.

Comment

Originally posted by Shank View Post
          Thanks guys, I pulled the batteries out of the controls and reinstalled them. A quick reprogramming and we are racing again. Still no headlights on one, but that may be because my boy crashes a lot. Lol. Now it's time to get it off the floor and on to a rotating table.
          If you kept the product box for the Long Race set, check the date on it. Early Wireless+ controllers (and dongle) need a firmware update. Product manufactured 2012 or earlier needs the update (red sticker might indicate that it has been updated). If made in 2013 or newer, it has the new firmware.
          Last edited by Earthbound; 04-04-2014, 01:50 PM. Reason: date info

Comment

Still no headlights on one, but that may be because my boy crashes a lot.
            You do know you can turn the headlights on and off by clicking the lane changer button right?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
              You do know you can turn the headlights on and off by clicking the lane changer button right?

Dave
              Yes, we have tried the three second stop to activate lights. The tail lights work, but not he head lights. I'll pull the body and check the LED's for power.

Comment

The car with no headlights will need a new chip in it, or you can try blowing out the old one with canned air underneath the board inside, it may give you a little more time, but ultimately it will need a new chip.

Comment

Originally posted by GT47 View Post
                  The car with no headlights will need a new chip in it, or you can try blowing out the old one with canned air underneath the board inside, it may give you a little more time, but ultimately it will need a new chip.
                  My guess would be the LED headlight board- not the chip. I have several cars with failed headlights. None were because of the chip. The headlight boards are not available separately, but there are many (old?) threads on here about wiring aftermarket LEDs for headlights w/o the boards.

Comment

I don't think I've ever had lack of headlights that traced back to a bad chip. Bad harness, yep. Bad LED, yep. Bad headlight board, yep. I suppose it might be possible, as I've certainly had chips fail other ways, and the quality of the factory soldering varies a lot.

Comment

If both headlights stopped working simultaneously that points to a loose wire in the connection. You should check the light-board plug that goes to the chip. 90% of the time that's the problem when both headlights go out at the same time. If Only one headlight was out it would indicate a bulb but if they went out at the same time it probably is not the bulb(s), and like Bruce said when lights stop working it usually is not a chip problem.

However sometimes the headlight wires can de solder from the chip so you may want to check that connection as well. It sounds to me like it's in the wires since both headlights went out at the same time and not a chip problem or a bulb problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X