X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrFlippant
    started a topic Bertrand 8 starting with a Race Party set

Bertrand 8 starting with a Race Party set

I was asked to post the layout I came up with that used the Carrera Race Party track as a base. With just a few extra pieces, I Was able to make this version of the Bertrand 8 figure 8 layout.

It uses all the pieces from the Race Party set, plus the following:
    2x R4/15
    2x R3/30
    3x R2/30
    1x 1/4 straight
    I also showed borders everywhere I would want them.

As such, this might not be the best layout for those who need to purchase whole packs of track, but if you can find someone with a box of spare, or a shop selling tracks by the piece, then you can get exactly what you need. At this point, this is more or less my goal for my Carrera layout. I'll probably also design a version with a pit lane, which will stretch it out a bit. When I do, I'll post that here.

I'll also post up some of the variations I came up with that use ONLY the Race Party track pieces, and I encourage people to do the same.

• thatguy01
    replied
    I would prefer to run the layout in post 43 clockwise around the overpass, so the overpass is an increasing radius from R2 to R4 instead of decreasing from R4 to R2. Otherwise the layouts in this thread should work okay in either direction.

The bridges generally are centered over straights, so they don't obstruct sight of braking zones when the track is run in either direction.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    I usually think of it as right to left on the straight.

Leave a comment:

• Wicker Bill
    replied
    Is there a preferable racing direction?
    Long straight left to right of vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Bump! Someone requested this to be easy to find again.
    Also, since I killed all the scripts on my site to stop hackers, the gallery no longer works, but the images are still there.
    https://www.ggaub.com/slots/cars/Track_Ideas/

Leave a comment:

• Fordboss302
    replied
    Thatguy01 is design master, the last track I built is one of his designs and I am still amazed at how
    well the track races. It is so much fun!

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Cool! Thanks, Mr. Guy!

Leave a comment:

• old johnny
    replied
    I've built plenty of Thatguy designs and Echo mr flippant..they rock..

Leave a comment:

• thatguy01
    replied
    12x8

Leave a comment:

• thatguy01
    replied
    12x8

Leave a comment:

• thatguy01
    replied
    20x6.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Thanks, Johnny. I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but I appreciate the compliment.

ThatGuy01 is easily the better designer. The way he can get any track system to fit any space, with or without borders, never missing the target of good flow and interesting turns, and utilizing the exact number of each kind of piece to optimize purchases is amazing.

I'd love to see more layouts for Carrera in small/tight spaces.

Hey, ThatGuy01, how about something nice in Carrera, with borders, for a table that's two 4x8 sheets in an L (12x8)?

Leave a comment:

• old johnny
    replied
    Greg, your are both a genius at design, and very generous of your time. That gallery is a testament .wow

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    I've driven the set cars, and a D132 Camaro I had, as well as a D124 I got from a friend. I also plan to put a chip in my ScaleAuto 1/24 car and run it a bit.

Leave a comment:

• MrSqueezeMe
    replied
    Very nice MrF, well thought out, always liked your Bertrand versions. This collaborative outcome from you that guy and oldstrom definitely shows how much flow one can create with the non standard curves in a rather narrow format even with the 1/24 size of Carrera track. Looks great!

Did you run the cars that came in the set or tried others as well?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X