Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
    Me too. Paralysis of analysis.

I didn't realize it when I first responded to his queries- but Anoeth's situation is complicated by the fact that he already bought into SCX digital, and feels like it is a dead end. So he is afraid of making another (expensive) mistake.
    I'd feel the same way. It's a considerable expense to change brands after already collecting stuff. That would make me wary, as would trying to pick between the two leading brands. They both have advantages, but strangely enough, neither is disadvantaged in either respect.

Comment

Inside Anoeth's Head:

....don't take door #3....

Comment

I did some research before I bought but there were 2 reasons I went with Carrera, the ghost car feature (only one at the time) and tons of street cars.
        I researched before too, but when we got into digital there were way less options to weigh.
        There are a lot more things that can be done or bought with these two systems now. The CU and its optional accessories, Wireless controllers, Apps, out of the box analog etc.....
        Its a lot to think about.
        Randy

Comment

ATIS....my table size will be 18 feet by 6 feet. It will not be permanent and I will race 132. I would love to see some ideas. I don't mind elevations and I will invest in whatever it takes to get a great layout. Double pit lane (fairly long ) , etc ,etc. I like more creative and challenging over simple. I just started using ultimate racer to come up with something good for a carrera track.

Thatguy01... PM me. Thanks

Bruce, you are 100% correct. Made one mistake (IMO), and don't want a repeat. I mean no disrepsect to SCX fans, I was one myself and had a great time racing the SCX stuff. Disapointedthe last several years though.

You guys have ALL been invaluable with your insite and comments! Thanks sooo much.

Comment

I have a 12x9 and run d124 and d132...let me see what I can come up with.

Comment

18x6 table, uses R1, R2, R3 and a few R4. Every double lane changer is equal to 2 straights so you can add the double lane changers later if you like.

Also, added a nice long pit row.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyAutobahn View Post
                Inside Anoeth's Head:

....don't take door #3....

Hahahaha, too funny!

Comment

Nice track Atis. I like it, not too crazy yet creative..

Comment

It is possible to have 2 pit lanes, correct?? Like 2 lane straights and a switch lane in the pits???

Comment

I can try that tomorrow but it will shorten your track as that will eat up a bunch of space in the middle.

Comment

ATIS

I think Anoeth is talking making the existing pitlane you have laid out 2 lanes wide with a 2nd switch immediately after the first switch - it looks like there is real estate to do that with the basic layout you have.

Ed

Comment

He wouldnt be able to place any pit buildings as the lane above it would be in the way. Actually I guess I should ask if he plans to do scenery. Lol

Comment

Probably no scenery! Haha...

You are correct edmagner

Comment

The double pit lane can be done, I am sure others will advise on the most effective method to do it.

Here are a few 18x6 layout by Thatguy01.

18x6

16x6

17x6

17x6 - this is one the first that I built and one of my favorites I had on this size table.

Comment

Originally posted by meledward23 View Post
                                17x6
                                That big parabolic curve on the right side of the table is SICK!

Comment

Working...
                                X