No announcement yet.

Help! About to take the Carrera 132 plunge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside loops make it harder to pass a car that's on the inside lane. The previous layout had an outside loop, making it a figure 8, making the lanes even, so it doesn't matter which lane a car is in, they'll each have the same likelihood of being able to make a pass or be passed.

Comment

I am going to bang my head on my books....lol

Comment

Studies definitely have priority over track design. Mainly I was putting my vote in for the previous design with the even lanes and borders. Should be a good one.

Comment

I will try and redo that one with the pitlane of the last one. I became unemployed back in september and have been i school to become a home inspector and I take the state test thursday...pass and I am employed (self), fail and I have to wait 6 months to retake it.

Comment

I forgot to add the last lane changer for the pit row but the last 2 straights can be replaced with a O to I single to get you there.

Comment

Thatguy01 and atis, you guys are wayyyyy ahead of me. You can tell you have alot of experience based on how specific your comments are about track design.

How do you guys feel about a double pit lane that allows for a pit on either the inside or outside lane of the pits?

Comment

I have 3 months of experience...I learned from ThatGuy, Mr Flipant, and Dave. (And a few others)

So with that said, I will defer that question to them as they have way more experience then me. My only issue is you would block other cars, the double I have set up means 2 cars can pit at the same time.
                Last edited by ATIS; 12-07-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

This is 18x6. The single changer at top right could be a curved changer. There could be another straight changer on the main straight.

This design uses one box each of R2 R3 and R4 curve pieces.

Comment

That looks awesome thatguy01. What track design software do you use?

Also....I'm trying to understand exactly how the pit lane works from a track design standpoint. What are the "key pieces" that determine if you're actually in an area of track you can re-fuel on? In your design, can someone re-fuel anywhere in that 2 lane area once they enter the pit, including the switch track? Do you need to stop your car exactly on a very specific part of the pit track, or once you enter the area anywhere is ok?

Thanks again all

Comment

that last one is pretty slick.

The important piece in the pit lane (using the new CU based system) is the pit lane track that detects the car passing over it, not the pit lane changer as it used to be. Therefore, I would change the second full straight after the first pit lane lane changer with the pit lane "adapter" piece that has the sensor in it. Then, you could park your car wherever you like once you pass that spot, including either of the "bays" or anywhere in between. Be sure to set up the Pit lane sensor to add a lap since the CU is parallel to the pit lane, and you're golden.

Comment

To answer your 1st pit lane question, yes you can have 2 pit lanes, one on the left and right side of the track. The left side would require a left digital chicane as an entrance along with a fuel sensor in that lane also.

To add to what Greg said anywhere on and past the fuel sensor can be used for fueling. The fueling will not work if you come in hot (fast). Technically if you come in real slow and exit the pits and stop on the main track line you can still refuel outside the pits. I've tried it and it works, not that you would want to. I have not tried fueling will moving though..

Dave

Comment

That's an old program called Tracker 2000. It doesn't specifically support the newer features of Carrera Digital, such as pit sensors and curved changers.

Comment

For some reason my pic didnt come out right last time... Must have done something wrong lol.

This is how i`ve set my pit up. it does work as long as you dont come hooning into the pits, but then you wouldnt in real racing

Fast and Flowing and equal lane lengths to make passing easier.
                            There have been a couple of changes since i made the plan, but only the placement and orientation of lane changers.

Comment

Originally posted by scalexdoza View Post
                              This is how i`ve set my pit up. it does work as long as you dont come hooning into the pits, but then you wouldnt in real racing .
                              Hooning? Is that the King's English???

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by scalexdoza View Post

I love this track! Quoting and posting just because I want to see another picture of it! Love the change you made to the turn leading into the front straight. Accelerating out of the corner should make that long straight perform as if it were even a section longer. My dual-bay pit entrance is like yours: a two-section entry to the pit, but a pit entry switch to pick the first or second bay. I do swap the pieces at the exit compared to your design. I use a 2-section changer for the exit to the pit lane, and the pit exit to leave the second bay. That way either pit bay leads to the same sequence of track pieces.
                                Last edited by b.yingling; 12-08-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X