Help! About to take the Carrera 132 plunge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! About to take the Carrera 132 plunge

I am so confused after reading many posts and looking on the official Carrera website.

I want to buy digital 132 and end up with all the latest digital accessories. I want to do the wireless controllers, pit lane, etc, etc.

Would this be the best set to buy, then add to if I want wireless controllers?

HYBRID POWER RACE
    Item no. 20030173

I want to be sure I have the latest CU etc. Then I'd add 2 more wireless controllers, pit lane, driver displays, more track, position tower, app connect and so on.

Am I on the right track or is there a better set to start with?

Thanks! I'm excited

Then I'll need to sell all my SCX digital 132 stuff
    Last edited by MrFlippant; 12-08-2015, 07:27 AM. Reason: typo in title

That's a great set to start off with. Loads of track, already digital....sweet. I'd totally get that track.

Comment

anoeth,
      If you do decide to go with Carrera I would check out this set. Carrera 30179 Carrera Race Party.
      It was available at Amazon, but they are now sold out. There are two sellers offering it on E-bay
      though.
      It has 3 cars, 3 wireless controllers in the set.
      http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/produ...rty-1245/2014/

Randy

Comment

with the race party set I wonder if Amazon is going to get more in stock. Tis the season. It was a great buy, doesn't surprise me that they sold out.

Dave

Comment

Anoeth, I posted on your thread in the Digital section.

Comment

I think he's totally mixed up now...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
              I think he's totally mixed up now...

Dave
              I think you're right. He's made his decision. No, he hasn't. Yep, he has. Well, maybe...

I wonder sometimes if I would have made the same decisions re: Carrera and digital slots if I had researched rather than stumbled upon. And then I realize I'm glad it happened the way it did.

Comment

You guys are ALL correct! I am mixed up! Leaning heavily towards Carrera though!

Imagine how many questions I'll have after I buy some new stuff!! Hahahahah

Comment

We're having fun watching. And we love answering questions around here, so if you go Carrera, don't hesitate to come asking...

Comment

Whats your table size...that way we can start designing you a custom layout! I went carrera because I wanted the option to run D124 if the desire ever came up... 3 months into the hobby I have a couple of D124 cars and redid my entire layout to support them. But I mostly run D132.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                      I wonder sometimes if I would have made the same decisions re: Carrera and digital slots if I had researched rather than stumbled upon. And then I realize I'm glad it happened the way it did.
                      I think had I waited and researched I'd probably be in the same boat as Anoeth is right now.

I'm glad I went with Carrera. There's a pretty great brand solidity that I like. That's also the same with Scalextric, I suppose, but I don't have them to compare. Add the fact that I'm in Germany and it's a bit of a no-brainer.

Curious to see where Anoeth lands and what the final reason for that is.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyAutobahn View Post
                        I think had I waited and researched I'd probably be in the same boat as Anoeth is right now.
                        Me too. Paralysis of analysis.

I didn't realize it when I first responded to his queries- but Anoeth's situation is complicated by the fact that he already bought into SCX digital, and feels like it is a dead end. So he is afraid of making another (expensive) mistake.

I think the people on this site have assured him that whichever way he goes- SSD or Carrera- he will be happy in the long run. So now he has to decide what road he wants to travel by.

Comment

I did some research before I bought but there were 2 reasons I went with Carrera, the ghost car feature (only one at the time) and tons of street cars. Simple..

Dave

Comment

If you can find the Race Party set, absolutely get that. There's no better way to start with Carrera Digital.

Comment

I have an unopened Race Party set I'll sell for $375 inc shipping to USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X