X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anoeth
    started a topic Convert cars-scxd 132 to carrera digital 132

Convert cars-scxd 132 to carrera digital 132

I have searched the threads/internet and am still looking for some specific guidence. I want to convert a bunch of cars and have some questions.
    1. Is it even worth it to convert them (will they run well?).
    2. Other than a chip, what other parts are necessary?
    3. Is it hard to get the headlights/tail lights working?

Does anyone know of any youtube videos or other resorces I can look at?

Thanks again for everyone's help!

• anoeth
    replied
    Edmagner....nice looking cars! Thanks again for the help!

Leave a comment:

• edmagner
    replied
    slot.it has several Group C - IMSA GTP chassis that they have released with D132 capability designed in:

Porsche 962
    Porsche 956
    Nissan R89C
    Toyota 88C
    Auid R18 4WD

Recent releases have included this chassis and earlier models can be updated with a service chassis

In some cases these still require interior trimming but the chip mounting component is taken care of

The charts for each model Dave pointed to are a good place to start, but there is more info available on the service parts pages to get chassis part numbers for the upgrades

I did a couple of the 962s, a Toyota and a Nissan - all pretty straight forward and great runners

body's are lightweight - not Carrera indestructible

Leave a comment:

• oli129
    replied
    But still I would suggest to take it with a grain of salt! Even if they are compatible, you will still need to do some extra work on the chassis to fit the decoders!

Oliver

Leave a comment:

• anoeth
    replied
    Thanks Dave!

Leave a comment:

• dw5555
    replied
    If you go to Slot-it's website and then look up the model you want. Click on the little red "I" in the yellow circle. That will show you the specs for that car. On the 1st page of the specs all the way to the right is the digital info on what is compatible.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• anoeth
    replied
    Thanks Ed!

How can you tell if an analog car manufacturer (slot.it) has designed the chassis for a carrera chip? I've looked at slot.it cars online and didn't really see where it was specified?

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• edmagner
    replied
    anoeth

There is a complete thread in the sticky section on the subject of converting other cars to Carrera digital - lots of pics, detailed descriptions, videos, etc

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=49412

the chip is the primary part you need plus light pieces if you are adding them to a car that doesn't have them.

there are some new smaller chips coming now that can make the project easier

Some other manufacturers are actually designing in D132 chip mounting into their analog chassis - I have done both slot.it and BRM cars this way.

Welcome to the next fun part of the adventure.

Ed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X