My Carrera Digital Track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Carrera Digital Track

Hey Guys, finally finished the track and just wanted to post some pics of the process. Started with an "L" setup, 11.5' wide, 4' deep at the main section, and 7' deep at the extension. Started with the Carrera Digital set GT Force 30177 and added a bunch of track. I used ultimate racer 3.0 to figure out what I needed, and I have to be honest, it wasn't entirely correct. It didn't have the right dimensions for the overpass piece, so I needed to adjust. Luckily I was able to without a problem and ended up with some extra track, which I'm sure is always good to have around. Also bought some RamJet-X controllers and an additional car (Green Lambo because my sons favorite color is green).
    Set everything up and took the Porsche around the track of check it out, right off the track and broke the spoiler. Adjusted the guard rails, and for now adjusted down the speed of the cars so when my 4 year old plays he can just pretty much gun it except for one turn. So far everything works great and I love it. Cars are so detailed. A lot of fun. Other things I want to add are a shelf under the track for storage. Pics below.

Very nice!

You may want to add some borders in the future. Nothing like some tail out action.

Comment

Very nice simple design. Love the checkerboard on the wall.

Dave

Comment

Those table legs look to have feet of some sort? Nice design for sure..what was the eventual list of parts in addition to the set?

Comment

Very nice! It looks like you've got a lot of room to expand as well.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I definitely love it and hope to expand in the future

Originally posted by old johnny View Post
            Those table legs look to have feet of some sort? Nice design for sure..what was the eventual list of parts in addition to the set?
            Yeah, I have leg levelers, like form a pinball or arcade machine, this way I can adjust each leg individually and cover up any issues with my craftsmanship. it really allowed me to to make sure the to tables joined flush.

Here is my initial track plan. The crossover section in reality was way longer than what was shown here. I removed one of the 4 pieces and I still needed to adjust my layout.

Comment

The older Carrera bridge was the equivalent of three standard straights which obviously is in the track inventory of your planner. The newer Carrera bridge (the one that you own) is equivalent in length to four standard straights. That might help in your next design.

Comment

Working...
              X