This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kris,

I've been enjoying using your track templates in PaintShop Pro, and have a request and a question. Can you make the 30342 lap timer as a track piece? I did not see it in the available components. Also are the 1/30, 2/30 etc banked curves there or are they the same size dimensionally as the non-banked curves and I can/should use them?

Oddly enough, I cannot open the .psd file in Photoshop CS2 on my work PC. Not sure why, and don't know if you have ever tried it with that version of Photoshop. i get an error that says unknown data has been encountered reading layer "Carrera_Katalog_2016_US_DS_Ansicht_final" and will be discarded. Continue? The options are OK, Cancel, and Read composite data. If I click read composite data is says the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.

Thanks again for this great program/template.

Greg

Comment

Photoshop does not allow files made in newer versions to be opened in older versions. At least that's how it is for Premiere Pro, since your error message is the same as I get when using premiere Pro it sounds like that's the same thing.

Comment

I agree, but in doing some googling, it might (?) be that particular layer that's causing the issue. i wonder if Kris deleted that layer and made it available, it would work? Either that or the people at work don't want me messing around on their time?

Also, Kris, any thought of making the new track pieces (ie the hairpin curve that's coming out) available in an new release?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisngreg View Post
          Hi Kris,

I've been enjoying using your track templates in PaintShop Pro, and have a request and a question. Can you make the 30342 lap timer as a track piece? I did not see it in the available components. Also are the 1/30, 2/30 etc banked curves there or are they the same size dimensionally as the non-banked curves and I can/should use them?

Oddly enough, I cannot open the .psd file in Photoshop CS2 on my work PC. Not sure why, and don't know if you have ever tried it with that version of Photoshop. i get an error that says unknown data has been encountered reading layer "Carrera_Katalog_2016_US_DS_Ansicht_final" and will be discarded. Continue? The options are OK, Cancel, and Read composite data. If I click read composite data is says the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.

Thanks again for this great program/template.

Greg
          Hey Greg, I'm glad you are liking the photoshop builder!

I will try adding the old lap counter 30342 sometime this week. As for the banked curves, I did not put those in because from the top-down the track was mostly the same dimension with the only exception I am aware of being the inside shoulders are not as wide as those for the regular flat track pieces (at least from the perspective of the catalog).

Also, I deleted the layer you mentioned as well as a few others that were no longer needed so you can go back to my website and download the new file (version 1.1) to see if it will work with Photoshop CS2. Hopefully it will so you can pass those long hours at your work building some Carrera track layouts

- Kris

Comment

I agree, but in doing some googling, it might (?) be that particular layer that's causing the issue. i wonder if Kris deleted that layer and made it available, it would work? Either that or the people at work don't want me messing around on their time?

Also, Kris, any thought of making the new track pieces (ie the hairpin curve that's coming out) available in an new release?
            Hey Greg, see my previous reply. I deleted the layer in question as well as a couple of others and updated the file you can download off my website...it might work it might not (you could always ask work for a new computer and photoshop cc!).

As for the new track pieces, I actually do have the hairpin in the photoshop file, it is the four half-circle looking curves in the middle-bottom. It may look different than the catalog because in the catalog they show two standard straight pieces attached to the hairpin curve (1 straight attached to each end). I figured that adding the two straights automatically might limit some creativity leading into a sharp hairpin so I opted instead to have the hairpin without the straights attached (assuming they aren't permanently attached from the factory).

I'm always open to adding more pieces but of course with the flexibility of photoshop the file can be modified by the user with whatever pieces they can dream of. I think it would be cool if people made like a "buildings" pack or a "pit road" pack and who knows what else to where my original creation is used to make something beyond what even I could imagine.

Let me know if you have any other questions...I hope to have the old lap counter added sometime this week for version 1.2.

Thank you for the feedback

- Kris

Comment

Thanks Kris, I'll download it and give it a try. One more request, can you "explode" the pit lane into individual components, as some of us have extra track in between the entrance and exit parts, so we could make the pit lane 3-4 straight sections long if necessary.

Greg

Comment

Thanks Kris, I'll download it and give it a try. One more request, can you "explode" the pit lane into individual components, as some of us have extra track in between the entrance and exit parts, so we could make the pit lane 3-4 straight sections long if necessary.

Greg
                Hey Greg, added the pieces you requested as well as the old black box. Enjoy!

Kris

Comment

Corel Photo-Paint X7 v.17.6.0.1021 also opens the .psd file with no problems and all layers in tact. Great work and thanks Kris!

Comment

Originally posted by dalejrfanfreak View Post
                    As for the new track pieces, I actually do have the hairpin in the photoshop file, it is the four half-circle looking curves in the middle-bottom. It may look different than the catalog because in the catalog they show two standard straight pieces attached to the hairpin curve (1 straight attached to each end). I figured that adding the two straights automatically might limit some creativity leading into a sharp hairpin so I opted instead to have the hairpin without the straights attached (assuming they aren't permanently attached from the factory.

- Kris
                    I don't have the hairpin myself, but after reading this thread I looked at the Carrera parts lists and according to the list of parts for the hairpin, it includes 2 3/4-length straights, not standard straights. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Comment

amazing job!!!!

Comment

my new layout with this .psd
                        thanks a lot!!!!

the result:

[YOUTUBE]BoErF8p-9jI&t[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                        X