X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arizona_lew
    started a topic I am considering going to the Dark side

I am considering going to the Dark side

Looks like we are going to try Carrera Analog for awhile. What we are wondering are there any 1/32 slot cars out there from RC,FLY,Scalextric,Slot.It,Ninco,Revell,Monogram,Va nquish,Avant,Proslot,Nsr and any other manufacturers that will not run on Carrera Analog once we set it up?
    If so what changes (if needed) need to be done to the cars to run once we are full analog with our Carrera track?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by arizona_lew; 05-07-2016, 06:36 PM. Reason: S P E L L I N G

• kochj
    replied
    On the flipside slot cars there's not much room to get the digital chip in he on the flipside smuss Lotta cars there's not much room to get the digital chip in there. It be nice if Carrera had one that had the light actually already detached on a wire save a few steps

Leave a comment:

• kochj
    replied
    How about how do you wire the track so I can run analog and digital cars ? Actually quite mechanically inclined and I saw two examples of this on this forum, but it didn't all add up.

I will have to maybe start a new thread .

Leave a comment:

• arizona_lew
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
    Neither can I. The only thing that would make them "not work" on Carrera is if you had a car with a motor so hot that you blew the set power supply if you didn't have a proper one, or if you had a car with such poor tires that it couldn't make itself GO around the track. Otherwise, pretty much every brand of 1/43, 1/32, and 1/24 car will work fine, if not great, on a Carrera analog track.

That's VERY encouraging!

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Neither can I. The only thing that would make them "not work" on Carrera is if you had a car with a motor so hot that you blew the set power supply if you didn't have a proper one, or if you had a car with such poor tires that it couldn't make itself GO around the track. Otherwise, pretty much every brand of 1/43, 1/32, and 1/24 car will work fine, if not great, on a Carrera analog track.

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied
    I think your thread would be shorter if you ask for a list of cars the "won't" work on Carrera. I can't think of any at the moment.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• edmagner
    replied
    Originally posted by Al's slotracing View Post
    Good idea
    A more descriptive title - maybe something like what other makes work on Carrera track? would help new folk find what they want. They'd struggle to guess what going to the Dark side was about

Al

The thread that I was asking to have stuck is the Carrera DualUse Plug in Switchbox in the Digital section

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=51153

kidvoltage moved it in to the sticky's on that page

Leave a comment:

• arizona_lew
    replied
    I agree that changing the title may be appropriate. I don't think I can change it. Could someone please change it? Or how about a new thread that would show what analog cars and what manufacturers will work on Carrera Analog?

There have been several times in my long long long life I tried to do something that is supposed to be easy and it has cost me many dollars and still no results. I find it to be far more efficient to hire out a lot of things now (I have the funds now). Back when I was without funds I would either do without or learn the hardway. Face it if you are in this Carrera hobby you are used to spending more than a lot of hobbies require.

Hey everyone I appreciate your assistance on answering my initial question of what slot cars by different manufacturers will work on Carrera analog.
    As far as the digital part = I can't spend other peoples money in our group but I certainly will pass all the info on to them or at least have them join here and learn.

I myself am looking forward to running Digital and Analog cars on Carrera tracks here. Maybe someone in our group will do it as a dual setup based on the info you all have kindly given.

Thanks Again!
    Last edited by arizona_lew; 05-09-2016, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Lew, a whole new world of cars just opened up to you. Anything from Scalextric with a standard (not F1) DPR hatch can now be easily chipped for Carrera D132. Google search for "carson dpr carrera" and you'll find it. The chips aren't especially cheap, but you don't need many, because they're so easy to swap out. You could get by with just a few, or even just one if it's not for IROC needs, and just move the chip to whatever car you want to run/race. One screw, one plug, and you're done.

Leave a comment:

• Al's slotracing
    replied
    Originally posted by edmagner View Post
    this question comes up often enough and unless you know to search for it new folks might not even know it exists
    Good idea
    A more descriptive title - maybe something like what other makes work on Carrera track? would help new folk find what they want. They'd struggle to guess what going to the Dark side was about

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    Stuck. In place.

Leave a comment:

• edmagner
    replied
    Originally posted by arizona_lew View Post
    Is that covered here somewhere?
    Lew

here's the thread on dual use conversion. It's in the Digital thread

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=51153

Greg & admins - wonder if we should move this thread into the sticky section in Carrera??- this question comes up often enough and unless you know to search for it new folks might not even know it exists

Thanks

Ed

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied
    Originally posted by arizona_lew View Post
    I guess there are maybe two types of people that love Carrera. One is the extreme hobbyist that loves customizing track and cars and the other that we here fall into = the person that likes straight out of the box racing with maybe tire replacement and/or guide replacement.

This should read, "I guess there are maybe two types of people that love Carrera. People that have Carrera and people that wish they had Carrera! LOL"

Leave a comment:

• MikeyAutobahn
    replied
    Maybe I should consider offering my services for chipping cars. Send me the car and chip, and I return a chipped and tested car. What would someone pay for such a service?
    I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often. Seems like a niche that could be filled. There's an online company over here that offers chip installation when you buy an analog car from them as well as other services. They charge around 36 bucks for a chip installed.

Leave a comment:

• arizona_lew
    replied
    ................ Have you considered the dual use conversion of your track?

Is that covered here somewhere?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X