Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartRace App for Carrera Digital [current version: 3.8]

Hey guys,

SmartRace is a mobile lap counting/timing app for Carrera Digital 1:32/1:24 and is available for iOS and Android. Read more on www.smartrace.de/en

OUT NOW: SmartRace Connect, the personal driver display for all drivers at your track. Everyone can connect their phone/tablet via WIFI and get their personal data directly on their device. Read more about this on www.smartrace.de/en/connect

---------

Update on DEC 6th 2018 - SmartRace 3.8

---------

Added: Drivers may now automatically receive a penalty for speeding in the pit lane (requires the penalties add-on, feature#00734).
    Added: On the car settings dialog, just tap on a controller to only have this controller active for saving changes.
    Added: Load the last known car settings for the assigned cars in the car settings dialog (feature#00729).
    Added: The display time of the little "line crossed" indicator is no configurable (or defeatable, feature#00749).
    Added: The speed of voice outputs can now be customized via settings (feature#00743).
    Added: Additional championship modes exchange and party are now part of the championship add-on and no longer a separate add-on.
    Added: The general layout of the track records view has been improved; the list may now also be filtered for car scales.
    Added: INT gaps are now also shown for each driver (feature#00756).
    Fixed: Voice outputs will now queue up instead of interrupting each other (issue#00743).
    Fixed: an issue where tire change could happen too early due to rounding differences (issue#00723).
    Fixed: Screen rotation does now work on Android, too.
    Maintenance: Improved the layout of entries in the timing table and section times.
    Maintenance: Improved the general layout of the dialogs for adding/editing drivers, cars, etc.
    Maintenance: The layout of the main menu has been improved.
    Maintenance: The general performance has been further improved.

Follow all changes on https://www.smartrace.de/en/version-history/
    Last edited by qpwr; 12-06-2018, 04:33 AM.

Wow, these new features are great. I can't wait to download the update and try it out tonight! Thanks for all the hard work.

Comment

Hi Marc,

If I want to try it on both Android and iOs do I have to pay for both? Or is there a way to get both versions together?

Comment

Originally posted by carlosinseattle View Post
        Hi Marc,

If I want to try it on both Android and iOs do I have to pay for both? Or is there a way to get both versions together?
        Hey Carlos,

This is unfortunately not possible, as those are different stores. I'm afraid you would have to buy both. But if you send me an email to [email protected], I can provide you with a 30 day trial free of charge, so you don't have to spend the money to find out

Marc

Comment

Woohoo!

You implemented everything I asked for!...and more!

Comment

Thank you Marc!!

Just for those of us who are really appreciative of this effort is there a way to "tip" you for the update?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

Steve.

PS If Bruce would take money I would tip him also!

Comment

Originally posted by Spokanesteve View Post
              Just for those of us who are really appreciative of this effort is there a way to "tip" you for the update?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

Steve.

PS If Bruce would take money I would tip him also!
              I appreciate a lot that you're asking for this :-)

If you want, you can donate some bucks here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=X44XS7ZKCYJNJ

Marc

Comment

cheers

Enjoy the coffee Marc! And thanks for everything you do!

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Marc,
                  I used your updated software today, it was a big hit with the family. Keep up the good work.
                  Merry Christmas

Comment

Anyone having issues with all sound quits working after a track call? Stopping and starting a race seemes to be the cause.

Using Android. Restarting the app didn't fix it. I had to completely restart the tablet. I checked to make sure it wasn't the tablet by playing something on YouTube.

EDIT:

It appears this isn't app related at all. Due to my using Chromecast to cast to a TV, it appears the issues are with Chromecast dropping the audio. I'll dig into this further and report back in case anyone else that may read this experiences issues.
                    Last edited by Drewbert34; 01-03-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Can someone please tell me how to pull up the extensive history module that has the graphs, pit stops, etc.? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh S View Post
                        Can someone please tell me how to pull up the extensive history module that has the graphs, pit stops, etc.? I can't seem to find it.
                        Hey Josh,

There is an item "History" on the main menu which lists all events which have been saved previously. You get the chance to save a race or qualifying to history after it has ended. On the result screen, you'll have a "save to history" button next to the known "end event" and "share" buttons.

Hope that helps.

Marc

Comment

SmartRace 2.5.4
                          Released 2017-01-07

Added: Possibility to reset the timing table in free practice (feature#00316).
                          Added: Possibility to set a custom background image.
                          Added: Additional selectable background styles.
                          Added: Prelisten to sounds/speech right from the settings before selecting them (feature#00275).
                          Added: Dodge logo (feature#00296).
                          Fixed: Using the camera or photo library would sometimes lead to crashes (iOS, issue#00300).
                          Fixed: Speech in relation to race sound too loud (issue#00291).
                          Fixed: Race or qualifying duration would sometimes be displayed incorrectly in the history (issue#00263).
                          Fixed: Images are now displayed as square instead of circle to show more of them (issue#00281).

Comment

Thanks, Marc!

Comment

I have version 2.5.1, is that the latest version for the iPad? If it is shouldn't update on its own?

Comment

Working...
                              X