X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b.yingling
    replied
    Originally posted by carlos
    Has anybody tested your software using Scalextric cars with the Carson DPR chip? Does it work?
    Originally posted by Drewbert34 View Post
    Works great! We run this very setup weekly.
    As we discovered in the other thread- you do have to follow Carson's instructions to make sure you don't provide spurious information to the CU (and hence SmartRace, the Carrera race app, Cockpit XP, HSSRMS, PC LapCounter, etc).
    Last edited by b.yingling; 01-06-2018, 06:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Originally posted by carlosinseattle View Post
    Hello, thanks again for making such a nice software program for racing.

Can drivers use different devices in the same race? Some guys have Apple products and others have Android devices, can they mix and race together?

Has anybody tested your software using Scalextric cars with the Carson DPR chip? Does it work?

Thanks
    Works great! We run this very setup weekly.

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Hey Carlos,

currently it's not possible to connect more than one device. I plan to integrate this feature during this year and then it will be possible to connect both android and iOS devices at the same time.

I didn't try the DPR plug on my own, but as long as it works with the control unit, it will also work with SmartRace :-)

Marc

Leave a comment:

• carlosinseattle
    replied
    Hello, thanks again for making such a nice software program for racing.

Can drivers use different devices in the same race? Some guys have Apple products and others have Android devices, can they mix and race together?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Originally posted by slotracerguy View Post
    Hi Marc...

I just put together a new 45' track after doing some work on my house and updated my SmartRace app and me and my two sons had a riot racing 1/24 cars with it all night. THANK YOU!

Quick suggestion...any way to add a feature to allow the racers to run for a second or two longer when the start button is pushed as a suspension in a race? Basically, when someone crashes during a race, I push the start button to call a suspension, then we put the de-slotted car back on in the area it crashed, and push the start button again to re-start the race. I would love to see like a 1 second time lapse after the start button is pushed (or at least the option to add up to 1 second, or longer) as a penalty to the crashed racer. In short, the racers that are still on the track get an extra second to move a little further into their lap when the track call is made, penalizing the de-slotted racer.

THANK YOU again for such a great app. It works really well and we enjoyed our racing that much more using it.

Kindest regards,

Chris
    Chris,

You may want to post ideas and questions here:

https://support.smartrace.de/

Leave a comment:

• slotracerguy
    replied
    Feature for Smart Race

Hi Marc...

I just put together a new 45' track after doing some work on my house and updated my SmartRace app and me and my two sons had a riot racing 1/24 cars with it all night. THANK YOU!

Quick suggestion...any way to add a feature to allow the racers to run for a second or two longer when the start button is pushed as a suspension in a race? Basically, when someone crashes during a race, I push the start button to call a suspension, then we put the de-slotted car back on in the area it crashed, and push the start button again to re-start the race. I would love to see like a 1 second time lapse after the start button is pushed (or at least the option to add up to 1 second, or longer) as a penalty to the crashed racer. In short, the racers that are still on the track get an extra second to move a little further into their lap when the track call is made, penalizing the de-slotted racer.

THANK YOU again for such a great app. It works really well and we enjoyed our racing that much more using it.

Kindest regards,

Chris

Leave a comment:

• phez
    replied
    So much more happier with digital racing after buying this app. Thank you and keep up the great work.

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Loving some of the new changes!

Leave a comment:

• Spokanesteve
    replied
    This is fantastic! Thanks Marc.

Cheers, Steve.

Leave a comment:

• carlosinseattle
    replied
    Wow...even more upgrades, AWESOME!!

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Update on SEP-20 2017 - Version 2.10.0

---

Random weather changes, championships and teams now available! Check it out on https://www.smartrace.de/en/add-ons/

Added: the car settings dialog now shows the image of the currently assigned driver for each controller.
    Added: it is now possible to apply car settings only to certain cars using checkboxes next to each controller number.
    Added: the possibility to export event data as CSV (depends on installed third-party apps on your device, feature#00433).
    Added: a dummy sound (called "empty") as background sound to avoid voice output truncations when using screen mirroring.
    Added: the duration of pitstops is now getting tracked and displayed and saved to the history.
    Added as IAP: Configurable random weather changes (see https://www.smartrace.de/en/add-ons/weather)
    Added as IAP: Championships and teams (see https://www.smartrace.de/en/add-ons/championship)
    Fixed: History tab gets frozen sometimes (bug#00393).
    Fixed: Car settings could not be re-applied in car details dialog (issue#00467).
    Improved usability of dialogs.

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Originally posted by AGrandy View Post
    Thank you, Looking forward to testing the new functionality. When can we expect it up for IOS?
    Usually it takes 3-5 days from the moment when it's uploaded, so it will hopefully be available at the end of this week the latest :-)

Marc

Leave a comment:

• AGrandy
    replied
    Thank you, Looking forward to testing the new functionality. When can we expect it up for IOS?

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Update on JUL-29 2017 - Version 2.9

----

Re-implemented the assignment dialog to fix several usability issues.
    Added: the car settings dialog now shows the last known settings made from within SmartRace.
    Added: pace car/esc button (similar to start button, configurable).
    Added: Filters for driver, car and track dialogs and additional add buttons (feature#00451).
    Added: statistical data for cars (similar as for drivers, feature#00435).
    Added: the possibility to add a comment to each car (e.g. to store which modifications were made etc, feature#00438).
    Added: MAN and Venturi logo for cars (feature#00428 & feature#00453).
    Added: the possibility to configure whether or not sector times should be displayed in races.
    Added: the possibility to make In-App-Purchases for some features. Please see https://www.smartrace.de/en/about-in...-in-smartrace/.
    Added as IAP: Speech announcements for personal/overall best sector times (configurable, feature#00437).
    Added as IAP: DTM ambient sound (feature#00418).
    Added as IAP: Le Mans 2017 ambient sound.
    Fixed: an issue where driven laps and pitstops where not calculated correctly for the drivers statistics.
    Fixed: ESC doesn’t release a suspended/paused event (issue#00447).
    Fixed: an issue where sector times where not displayed correctly as personal/overall best on the time table.
    Fixed: an issue with wrong difference time calculation on track records screen for sector times (issue#00430).
    Fixed: Race winner was not correctly announced in time-based races (issue#00415).
    Fixed: an issue where SmartRace would reset the race screen after reconnecting to the CU (e.g. after short circuit, issue#00404).
    Fixed: gaps were not displayed correctly in some cases (issue#00415).
    Fixed: an issue where the device could go to sleep (power save mode) after taking a photo from within the app (issue#00421).

Leave a comment:

• AGrandy
    replied
    Thanks Marc! I don't think I have 2.8 downloaded. I will check it out.
    I look forward to " straight- forwardish" haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X