X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qpwr
    replied
    Originally posted by AGrandy View Post
    1. How does the smart race settings for speed and braking relate to the settings established through the CU? For instance, if I set a car at 60% with the CU then subsequently set the car at 50% with smart race would smartrace effectively have the car set at 30% or override the CU setting and reprogram to 50%?
    I'm honestly not sure what the CU does with its hardware buttons, but its API has 14 different stages that can be used - thats what SmartRace does. Imagine steps 1 to 14 as possible (while 1 is 14% and 14 is 100%. SmartRace doesn't know (and thus doesn't car) what you set on your CU using the hardware buttons. Once you change the settings from within the app, the earlier applied settings will be overridden.

2. Unlike the CU, where you would want only one car on the track for programming, it appears that Smartrace can have all the cars on the track and program each simultaneously with different settings. Is this correct?
    Yes, correct. The only thing which is currently not possible is to program only one car while others are on track aswell. Thats something which is on my list for later versions of the app.

3. The driver/controller/car assignment page is a bit cumbersome. If you want a driver to change cars or controller, you must delete all settings for that controller and reassign. This will typically mean you are doing this to a couple controller assignments simply to switch cars between two drivers. Is there an easier way to manage this. Simply being able to delete a car or a driver off a controller and assign a different one would simplify the process.
    Well, with the current version (2.8.3) it's also possible to drag one controller assigment over another, which will switch both car and driver between the two controllers.

But with upcoming version 2.9.0, the whole layout of the assignment screen will change due to too many usability and performance issues. Drag & drop was a nice idea, but it causes too much trouble. Thats why it'll be removed in 2.9.0 and replaced by a more straight-forwardish approach.

Hope that helps!

@Badbrad: what did happen before the bluetooth connection was cut? Did you maybe have a short circuit or something? Are you by any chance using Carrera Digital 1/43 with a customized control unit?

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Badbrad
    replied
    Had a race today with 6 guys, program works great except I keep losing connection with the Bluetooth. Always in the middle of race. Is there anything I can do to make it better? My iPad is right next to control unit now.

Leave a comment:

• AGrandy
    replied
    I have been using smartrace for about 8 months. It has generally worked well but have a few questions and suggestions

1. How does the smart race settings for speed and braking relate to the settings established through the CU? For instance, if I set a car at 60% with the CU then subsequently set the car at 50% with smart race would smartrace effectively have the car set at 30% or override the CU setting and reprogram to 50%?
    2. Unlike the CU, where you would want only one car on the track for programming, it appears that Smartrace can have all the cars on the track and program each simultaneously with different settings. Is this correct?
    3. The driver/controller/car assignment page is a bit cumbersome. If you want a driver to change cars or controller, you must delete all settings for that controller and reassign. This will typically mean you are doing this to a couple controller assignments simply to switch cars between two drivers. Is there an easier way to manage this. Simply being able to delete a car or a driver off a controller and assign a different one would simplify the process.

Really love the app. I hope to see ongoing development and expanded functionality. The hot key add is great and hope to have it installed in my set up soon.

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Originally posted by Spokanesteve View Post
    More details about the track call buttons. If that can be integrated I could really use a "go-by".

That feature would really help my crew when we runs a race night.

Thanks so much to Marc and everyone for supporting this RMS.

Cheers, Steve
    I assume you're asking me for more detail? I'll be glad to answer your questions, as will Marc, I'm sure.

If my assumption is correct, can you be more specific? What would you like to know that the video did not explain?

Leave a comment:

• Spokanesteve
    replied
    help with buttons please

More details about the track call buttons. If that can be integrated I could really use a "go-by".

That feature would really help my crew when we runs a race night.

Thanks so much to Marc and everyone for supporting this RMS.

Cheers, Steve

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewbert34 View Post
    Does Smartrace support Hotkeys?

For instance:

When using a tablet / phone, is it possible to utilize a keyboard and / or mouse to navigate Smartrace?
    Wanted to bump this...

Marc added spacebar support for race start / stop / continue

What this means is you can build your own USB track call / caution setup. I've done so using USB programmable foot pedals, as my track is in the floor, so there is nothing to mount buttons to.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/LDYePwbn9gY[/YOUTUBE]

There are USB buttons, also, if you wish to go that route. Or, you can go the Arduino route, as discussed in another thread on here.

At any rate, I'm very excited to see this functionality coming to a phone / tablet interface
    Last edited by Drewbert34; 04-20-2017, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Does Smartrace support Hotkeys?

For instance:

When using a tablet / phone, is it possible to utilize a keyboard and / or mouse to navigate Smartrace?

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Update 2.8 is out (iOS will need some more days):

Added: Support for the new check lane for sector times (feature#00205).
    Added: Possibility to quit SmartRace using the back button or the "quit" menu item (Android only, feature#00338).

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Originally posted by qpwr View Post
    The history and track records are two different topics. The history module is meant to save events (races and qualifyings) with all driven laps, positions, pitstops etc. so you can view it anytime later. A history entry is created manually after a race or qualifying by hitting the "add to history" button on the result screen.

A track record is created whenever you do a new overall fastest lap on a track, regardless of the event you're in (free practice, race, qualifying). You only need to make sure that a track is selected in settings > driving and that you have assigned both a driver and a car to your controller, because track records are not recorded for NoNameDriver and NoNameCar.

Marc
    Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    The history and track records are two different topics. The history module is meant to save events (races and qualifyings) with all driven laps, positions, pitstops etc. so you can view it anytime later. A history entry is created manually after a race or qualifying by hitting the "add to history" button on the result screen.

A track record is created whenever you do a new overall fastest lap on a track, regardless of the event you're in (free practice, race, qualifying). You only need to make sure that a track is selected in settings > driving and that you have assigned both a driver and a car to your controller, because track records are not recorded for NoNameDriver and NoNameCar.

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Does history save automatically or do we have to do something?

For instance:

Do I have to save fastest lap (track record) or does it recognize that is the track record and save it automatically?

Each time I've looked into history it is always blank.

Leave a comment:

• Josh S
    replied
    Originally posted by qpwr View Post
    Sadly not yet, but with the Update I integrated a better support data sending mechanism which now adds all support data and logs as an attachment to the mail, which should be better because the log text is not cut in the middle when it is too long. I'd ask you to try again sending me the support data from within the app once you received the update. Then I'll have the chance to look at the data and hopefully see whats going wrong.

Marc
    Awesome, thanks. Hopefully you will also be able to find the issue with resetting the individual ID's in the assignment tab. I will send the support data again soon.

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh S View Post
    Good stuff, Marc! Thanks for the update.

Were you able to figure out the problem with the app freezing in the history tab?
    Sadly not yet, but with the Update I integrated a better support data sending mechanism which now adds all support data and logs as an attachment to the mail, which should be better because the log text is not cut in the middle when it is too long. I'd ask you to try again sending me the support data from within the app once you received the update. Then I'll have the chance to look at the data and hopefully see whats going wrong.

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Josh S
    replied
    Good stuff, Marc! Thanks for the update.

Were you able to figure out the problem with the app freezing in the history tab?

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Hey guys,

version 2.7 of SmartRace is now available (iOS to follow in a few days, as usual):

Added: The assignment list now shows the image of a driver/car when single-tapping an entry.
    Added: Pre-listen to driver names when editing drivers (feature#00365).
    Added: Voice announcement when a new driver takes the lead (feature#00218).
    Added: Customize the volume of the race ambient sound in the configuration (feature###364).
    Added: Some voice announcements now have several versions which are selected randomly (feature#00288).
    Added: Voice announcement when half of the race/qualifying is over (feature#00289).
    Added: Renault logo for cars (feature#00373).
    Added: Light theme, selectable from settings > common.
    Added: Most sounds now allow selection of “both”, e.g. playing both the applause sound and speaking out the race winner (feature#00384).
    Added: speech outputs for second and third place (only in races where all drivers have to finish, feature#00384).
    Fixed: debug information is now getting attached to the email instead of putting it into the content.
    Fixed: Long driver/car names cause issues in assignment screen (multi line items, issue#00375).
    Fixed: When sharing results or other things, the image would sometimes not be attached correctly.
    Fixed: Driven laps and pitstops would be sometimes way too high on the drivers personal statistics tab (issue#00378).
    Fixed: Font size adjustments wouldn’t be applied correctly when starting a new race or reset a free practice (issue#00363).
    Fixed: An issue where the total time wouldn’t be calculated correctly in the time table on event end (issue#00376).
    Fixed: An issue where gaps would not be calculated correctly on races (issue#00381).
    Fixed: race winner sound would not be played when all drivers have to finish the race (issue#00390).

Off topic: the board is incredibly slow for me since a few weeks. Is it just me? :-(

Leave a comment:

Working...
X