• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qpwr
    started a topic SmartRace App for Carrera Digital [current version: 3.8]

SmartRace App for Carrera Digital [current version: 3.8]

Hey guys,

SmartRace is a mobile lap counting/timing app for Carrera Digital 1:32/1:24 and is available for iOS and Android. Read more on www.smartrace.de/en

OUT NOW: SmartRace Connect, the personal driver display for all drivers at your track. Everyone can connect their phone/tablet via WIFI and get their personal data directly on their device. Read more about this on www.smartrace.de/en/connect

---------

Update on DEC 6th 2018 - SmartRace 3.8

---------

Added: Drivers may now automatically receive a penalty for speeding in the pit lane (requires the penalties add-on, feature#00734).
    Added: On the car settings dialog, just tap on a controller to only have this controller active for saving changes.
    Added: Load the last known car settings for the assigned cars in the car settings dialog (feature#00729).
    Added: The display time of the little "line crossed" indicator is no configurable (or defeatable, feature#00749).
    Added: The speed of voice outputs can now be customized via settings (feature#00743).
    Added: Additional championship modes exchange and party are now part of the championship add-on and no longer a separate add-on.
    Added: The general layout of the track records view has been improved; the list may now also be filtered for car scales.
    Added: INT gaps are now also shown for each driver (feature#00756).
    Fixed: Voice outputs will now queue up instead of interrupting each other (issue#00743).
    Fixed: an issue where tire change could happen too early due to rounding differences (issue#00723).
    Fixed: Screen rotation does now work on Android, too.
    Maintenance: Improved the layout of entries in the timing table and section times.
    Maintenance: Improved the general layout of the dialogs for adding/editing drivers, cars, etc.
    Maintenance: The layout of the main menu has been improved.
    Maintenance: The general performance has been further improved.

Follow all changes on https://www.smartrace.de/en/version-history/
    Last edited by qpwr; 12-06-2018, 04:33 AM.

• qpwr
    replied
    Of course not, Steve :-)

They only need to download SmartRace Connect (which is free). You only have to make sure all devices are on the same WIFI (which could even be a hotspot or guest WIFI). Your friends may than just scan the QR code which is generated by the SmartRace Connect add-on from your device which runs SmartRace (you need to buy the SmartRace Connect add-on on this device).

Thats it! Please let me know if you need any more support with this.

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Spokanesteve
    replied
    I just bought all the new add-ons

Hello:

I really like to support all the after-market racing software developers. It's a lot of work and I HOPE it's financially worth it but I doubt it. Each of them adds a lot to the hobby we love and supporting them is pennies on the dollar compared to some of the costs of this hobby!

Marc - If my friends come over do they all need Smartrace to use the new linkup feature?

Thanks much, Steve.
    Last edited by Spokanesteve; 11-11-2018, 08:39 AM. Reason: factual error

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Actually SmartRace Connect is two-ways. Currently you can adjust your brakes from the app or trigger the headlight flasher. More things to come...:-)

Leave a comment:

• AGrandy
    replied
    Driver display functionality

Thanks! I have been waiting for this one. Looking forward to playing with it but sadly, track is in rebuild for a bit.
    Iím assuming the driver displays are just that, displays, without two way functionality. A great future add would be to incorporate a track call button on the display if possible.
    Just a thought as Iím headed toward manually wiring them in around the track.
    Thanks for the continued development.

Leave a comment:

• Josh S
    replied
    That is awesome news. SmartRace is the best!

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    BIG NEWS! SmartRace Connect is now available as an extension for SmartRace. Every driver may use their mobile device as a personal driver display and connect wirelessly to SmartRace.

All info on www.smartrace.de/en/connect

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Hey guys,

just to bump this thread a bit again :-)

In the meantime, SmartRace had some new things added. The two most important are probably these:

I hope you like it!

If you have any issues using SmartRace or if you have useful ideas, please head over to https://support.smartrace.de and let me know (or just post them here :-)).

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Spokanesteve
    replied
    App connect issue

Ludo:

My guess is that the issue is the firmware in your App Connect. I have been stymied but this issue as well. There is a good thread about the issue. I sent mine back to Carrera to (hopefully) fix!

Thanks, Steve.

*** I received a replacement/new appconnect and it seems to have solved the disconnection issue. See my post on the main thread on this issue. Cheers.
    Last edited by Spokanesteve; 05-15-2018, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ludo
    replied
    Originally posted by Wood0209 View Post
    Is it happening immediately after starting/restarting the race? I found when I allowed SmartRace to do a track call or restart the race, it would make a track call on its own a second or so after restarting. I related the issue to my device essentially reading a "double tap" when I touched the screen to resume the race, thus making SmartRace think I restarted and then immediately initiated a track call. I have since disabled allowing my device to initiate the track call/resume feature, and use just the "START" button on the Control Unit itself.
    I didnít know you could do that, is it a setting in SmartRace? Iíll have a look, maybe this will be a fix.

Leave a comment:

• Wood0209
    replied
    Originally posted by Ludo View Post
    Hi!
    I'm having some issues with the race randomly stopping as if the start button has been pushed.
    I'm not sure if it's the Bluetooth dongle or Smartrace having issues, I haven't checked with the official Carreras app yet.

Any ideas what it could be?
    I'm using an iPhone 5S on iOS 11.3

Is it happening immediately after starting/restarting the race? I found when I allowed SmartRace to do a track call or restart the race, it would make a track call on its own a second or so after restarting. I related the issue to my device essentially reading a "double tap" when I touched the screen to resume the race, thus making SmartRace think I restarted and then immediately initiated a track call. I have since disabled allowing my device to initiate the track call/resume feature, and use just the "START" button on the Control Unit itself.

Leave a comment:

• Ludo
    replied
    Hi!
    I'm having some issues with the race randomly stopping as if the start button has been pushed.
    I'm not sure if it's the Bluetooth dongle or Smartrace having issues, I haven't checked with the official Carreras app yet.

Any ideas what it could be?
    I'm using an iPhone 5S on iOS 11.3

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Update on MAR-31 2018 - Version 3.1

Added: displaying of the average lap speed is now more configurable.
    Added: switch between list style and a nice grid style view in overviews for cars, drivers, tracks, teams and championships.
    Added: weather probability is now also being remembered.
    Fixed: the average lap speed would sometimes jump from one row to another.
    Fixed: black and white backgrounds didn't work properly.
    Fixed: sometimes a wrong maintenance warning was shown.
    Fixed: an issue where the lap counting would no longer work after a weather change (issue#00656).
    Updated translations, thanks to all translators!
    Improved the handling and layout of all forms and dialogs.

Leave a comment:

• qpwr
    replied
    Update: version 3.0.0 is there (iOS still to follow in the next days)

Added: Support for connections via USB OTG cables (Android only, feature#00297).
    Added: Resettable maintenance interval for cars. After the interval has been reached, a notification is shown in the car database (feature#00615).
    Added: Average lap speed is now displayed for the best and last lap on the race screen (configurable, feature#00496).
    Added: More speech notifications for 10, 5, 2 laps/minutes left (feature#00575).
    Added: Current leader is now announced more often (feature#00583).
    Added: Support for iPhone X.
    Added: VLN background sound, thanks to Fabian B (feature#00554).
    Added: the possibility to disable the weather completely (set probability to "off", feature#00546).
    Added: Weather settings are now remembered (feature#00513).
    Added: a setting for weather to configure whether tires should be changed directly after the given seconds or if should be waited for refueling to 100% (feature#00520).
    Added: separate voice overs for end of refueling and end of tire change (feature#00520).
    Added: the possibility to control the transparency of the background image.
    Added: the possibility to set a name only for voice output for drivers (feature#00486).
    Added: a virtual best time which is calculated based on each personal best sector time (feature#00517).
    Added: sector times are now hidden by default in the track records list and can be shown by tapping a row (feature#00608).
    Added: when creating/adding a championship, already added drivers should not be selectable anymore (feature#00609).
    Added: rain races now feature changing brake settings, too (feature#00487).
    Added: the current weather-based speed/brake settings can now be re-applied anytime during a race using a special button (feature#00497).
    Added: a special button on the main menu to re-apply all car settings from the car database (feature#00495).
    Added: the weather settings now consider the settings for each car from the car database (feature#00495).
    Added: Logo for mini (feature#00629).
    Added: you can now set a maximum lap time for tracks, too (feature#00620).
    Fixed: CSV export of results from history would show the wrong car name (issue#00637).
    Fixed: speech output for weather changes should always have highest priority (issue#00630).
    Fixed: with firmware 5337, automatic speed setting changes would sometimes not be applied correctly (issue#00550).
    Fixed: The half time of a race should not be shouted out if it's a race of only one lap (issue#00613).
    Fixed: In-app purchases were not possible on Amazon Fire devices (issue#00625).
    Fixed: wrong sorting of drivers when adding/editing a championship (issue#00589).
    Fixed: support data could not be sent correctly on Android (issue#00507).
    Fixed: wrong sorting for cars and tracks on personal records tab (issue#00586).
    Fixed: an issue where the overall performance would decrease after several races; could also cause connection drops (not on iOS, issue#00521).
    Fixed: voice output of weather changes did not consider the voice language from the settings (issue#00555).
    Fixed: an issue where the tires would also get changed in qualifyings.
    Improved bluetooth stability and performance (does not affect the disconnects on iOS 11, see http://bit.ly/2C7Ure6 for this).
    Improved user interface for better usability and better screen space usage.

Leave a comment:

• b.yingling
    replied
    Originally posted by carlos
    Has anybody tested your software using Scalextric cars with the Carson DPR chip? Does it work?
    Originally posted by Drewbert34 View Post
    Works great! We run this very setup weekly.
    As we discovered in the other thread- you do have to follow Carson's instructions to make sure you don't provide spurious information to the CU (and hence SmartRace, the Carrera race app, Cockpit XP, HSSRMS, PC LapCounter, etc).
    Last edited by b.yingling; 01-06-2018, 06:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X