Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartrace connection question

Hi All,

I recently purchased the smartrace app for my track. Initially I wasn't able to connect to the control unit, so it was suggested that I try the Carrera raceapp, to ensure it isn't the appconnect that's the problem. I had no problem connecting to the Carrera raceapp, but still can't get smartrace to connect. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Did you allow the Carrera Race App to update the CU?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
      Did you allow the Carrera Race App to update the CU?
      I'll give that a try.

Thanks
      Scott

Comment

So I tried updating the CU, and it seems to be updating fine, until it gets to 99%, then it doesnt't do anything. It's like it gets hung up. It was in 99% for at least 20 minutes, if not more.

Am I missing something? I opened up the Carrera raceapp, connected to bluetooth, then when prompted to update, I said yes.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Comment

Figured best to continue this older thread vs. starting a new one.

I am often finding my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A) is dropping connection to the AppConnect. Sometimes it requires multiple "power cycles" of the CU and starting/restarting the App to establish a connection to begin with. Other times it connects without issue, but then mid-race the connection is lost.

This issue didn't seem to exist when I first got the SmartRace app just over a week ago. But in the past few days it is increasingly more common.

The weird part is that I can close the App and start the Carrera Race app and have it connect without any issue. I plan to do some more testing with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5A) to see whether this is limited to my tablet, or occurs on both devices.

I initially thought it was the tablet, but again, the Carrera Race app picks up the connection without issue.

The Control Unit has been accepting updates without an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Macphee88 View Post
            So I tried updating the CU, and it seems to be updating fine, until it gets to 99%, then it doesnt't do anything. It's like it gets hung up. It was in 99% for at least 20 minutes, if not more.

Am I missing something? I opened up the Carrera raceapp, connected to bluetooth, then when prompted to update, I said yes.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Scott
            Since this old thread has re-surfaced, it may be worth adding this here as it may have been related to the OPs problem:

Problems updating control unit.

Comment

Working...
            X