No announcement yet.

New feature for HSSRMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new version, 2.100 includes the ability to use the software as a driver display server on your local wi-fi network. It delivers lap time, position, sector, fuel, event information (and more) to any device on the local network. In the above image, the user has clicked on the checkbox that says 'Enable remote driver display server'. When clicked, the label changes to show you the URL you need to type in your browser's address bar.

The software uses two ports: 14132 and 14124. It runs an HTTP server on one, and a WebSocket server on the other. On some machines, Windows will prompt you when you click the display server checkbox, asking if you want to allow hssrms.exe to act as a server. On other machines, you will not be prompted, and the software will simply fail to perform as a display server until you go into Windows firewall and manually create a rule allowing hssrms.exe to use those ports. When you create a rule, set it to only allow local connections. Then any device using your wi-fi network should be able to connect to the WebSocket server and be used as an enhanced driver display. Any smart phone, tablet, or computer with a current version of the Chrome, Safari, or Opera browsers can connect and be used as an enhanced driver display. No other software is needed on the device. You start the web browser and enter the address on your computer's screen into the address bar. That's all. Enter the address and browse to the page and you're done.

If you have an updated CU (firmware 3.30 or later), and the driver display server is enabled, the option to 'Allow remotes to send commands' will also be enabled. If you check this box, then a connected remote device can be used to pause and start the race, as if you were pressing the space bar on the track side computer. The software currently delivers all of the information shown below, and, if you choose to allow it, can start and stop the race by pressing the button as pictured. There are some enhancements planned for the display server, but even as it is now, we have found it a useful feature.

This version also hides a bug found in CU firmware versions 5.337 and 5.336. As of 5.336, the CU no longer fills a cars tank to 15- it stops at 14. This caused the on screen fuel gauge to continue flashing when the car was in the pit, even though no more fuel was being added. The software now checks to see if the CU has one of the broken firmware versions, and if found, no longer flashes if your fuel level is 14.

Since so many people may now have so many remote track call buttons (every connected display device can be used as one), the software also now treats all space bar requests sent within a 1 second window as a single request. So- someone reaches for the space bar and someone else taps their tablet at the same time: the race will stop, and not immediately begin the restart countdown.
    Last edited by b.yingling; 04-23-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Finally got a chance to try this. Very cool stuff. I wasn't able to get the start button to show, even with remote commands checked (v331). Also minor bug, the server checkbox grays out if you click the IP. I'm looking forward to future development!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
        I wasn't able to get the start button to show, even with remote commands checked
        Make sure all of the files in the main folder of the zip file (whether update or full package) unpacked to your program directory.

Also minor bug, the server checkbox grays out if you click the IP. I'm looking forward to future development!
        That is by design. As the help file explains, clicking the check box a second time turns off the servers, and if you want to restart them, you have to restart the program. A limitation of the libraries I'm using.
        Last edited by b.yingling; 05-03-2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
          Make sure all of the files in the main folder of the zip file (whether update or full package) unpacked to your program directory.
          I used the full package this time, but I did copy over my d132.ini and driver/car names.

Comment

"ID9|F|P" ... Looks like some unintentional sector stuff. I don't have sectors on my track... yet.

Comment

"ID9|F|P" ... Looks like some unintentional sector stuff. I don't have sectors on my track... yet.
              No. Not even close. But where are you seeing this? My guess is you're messing about with the WebSocket stream in an android or apple app of your own. If you are interested in making use of the information provided in an app of your own, contact me privately and I'll be happy to let you know what's going on between the web client and the HSSRMS servers. Just be aware that it is going to change- probably quite a bit- as I feel my way through what's possible.
              Last edited by b.yingling; 05-04-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

No. Not even close. But where are you seeing this? My guess is you're messing about with the WebSocket stream
                Sorry about that. I was just peeking on the stream to try and figure out why my start button wasn't showing up. I'll definitely be sure to talk to you before trying anything.

Comment

Sorry about that. I was just peeking on the stream to try and figure out why my start button wasn't showing up. I'll definitely be sure to talk to you before trying anything.

Not a problem- you can try anything you like, and I'll give you all the information you need. But like I said, it will likely change radically as I work my through the learning process and go exploring.

Are you still not getting the Start/Pause button?
                  Last edited by b.yingling; 05-04-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Are you still not getting the Start/Pause button?
                    Yeah it remains hidden. If I modify the script to force it to show, pressing the button works as intended. Maybe something different in my firmware version 331?

Comment

Yeah it remains hidden. If I modify the script to force it to show, pressing the button works as intended. Maybe something different in my firmware version 331?
                      Be careful modifying that html you found in a .dat file. There are a couple of lines that must retain their exact formatting or the servers will fail completely.

The firmware has nothing to do with it, other than a check to see if it is v330 or later. My test track is v331.

What browser(s) on what platform(s)?
                      Last edited by b.yingling; 05-04-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Chrome for Android and Windows 7. I haven't touched anything in the hssrms folder. I mentioned the stream message earlier because I thought something was missing from id9.

Comment

6 tablet mounts and power outlets added for individual driver station....

Can't wait for the new release.

Cheers!

Seb

Comment

Demo Version

Bruce,

after using the tablet now for extended periods of time, I get a pop-up window, that says that the "esegece" is just a demo version. I can acknowledge with "Ok". Doing so results in the HSSRMS shutting down.

Seb

Last edited by Rubirosa; 06-01-2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubirosa View Post
                              after using the tablet now for extended periods of time...
                              Replied in other thread.

Comment

I have a different problem with HSSRMS. Counting Laps

During race or practice mode the system misses laps at times. The car will go past the start finish line and the lap will not be counted. I have changed settings trying different options but the problem still exists.
                                Is there a solution to this error?
                                Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                X