Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edmagner View Post
    Great work, Bruce!!

So what's the scoop with Apple devices? Assuming Android software architecture easier to work with...Any path to this working with an iPhone?

Thanks

Ed
    Safari is listed above. And you can also install Chrome on an Apple device. So the path is: download this release and pick up your phone !

Comment

Dogh!! LOL

Comment

Because of difficulties for international users and the registration process, the file has been temporarily removed. Hope to have it back up sometime this evening.

Also found out from a user that it works with the Amazon Silk browser. So Fire tablets can be used as display devices and TeamRadio listening posts.

Comment

v2.2.0.2 is now available. It changed the registration process to fix a potential problem for international users. Other than that, no change.

Although I did find out from someone who downloaded 2.201 that the display server and TeamRadio work with the Amazon Silk browser. He is successfully serving race information and race audio to his Fire tablets. So the new features will work with an iPad or iPhone, an Amazon Fire tablet, an android tablet or android phone as well as any laptop or PC. As long as the device is using a recent version of one of the following web browsers:

Apple Safari
          Chrome
          Microsoft Edge
          Firefox
          Amazon Silk

The display server will also work with the Opera and Internet Explorer browsers- but neither of them will support the TeamRadio function.

TeamRadio works best with Chrome here at my place. Next on the to-do list: add the ability to choose different voices for the TeamRadio function. Currently only the default voice is available.
          Last edited by b.yingling; 02-05-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
            Next on the to-do list: add the ability to choose different voices for the TeamRadio function. Currently only the default voice is available.
            That’s great - someone needs to get in touch with Leena Gade to record the TeamRadio phrases - wouldn’t that be something.... She’s actually working for some Indy car team since January, after being shortly at Bentley since Audi announced its departure from LMP...

All very cool stuff, Bruce - keep it coming!!

Cheers!

Seb

Comment

Originally posted by Rubirosa View Post
              someone needs to get in touch with Leena Gade to record the TeamRadio phrases -
              They aren't recorded. The software uses the Speech Synthesis engine built in to modern browsers. So the available voices are provided by Apple (Safari), or Google (Chrome), or Mozilla (FireFox), or Microsoft (Edge), or Amazon (Silk). Right now the default voice is always used. The next release or so will include the ability to select from all available voices. This will vary from platform to platform and browser to browser.

Comment

Finally gave this a go with some practice laps. Very fun feature indeed! Thanks for all your hard work! Hopefully now there'll be no excuse for missing a low fuel warning.

I used the "chatty" setting for my practice laps. I don't have sectors so it wasn't too busy. Since my laps are around 7 seconds so it'd be nice to get another digit read out on non-record laps. I think those synthesized voices can be sped up too... maybe a slider for that? (just suggestions)

Also, maybe a bug or maybe my browser (Chrome on android), I couldn't set the speed to anything other than 15. Brakes had no issues.

Also, the start button issue I had ages ago seems to no longer be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                  I think those synthesized voices can be sped up too...
                  They can- in fact, not all messages are sent at the same speed and pitch. This is (slightly) more noticeable during a race.

Also, maybe a bug or maybe my browser (Chrome on android), I couldn't set the speed to anything other than 15. Brakes had no issues.
                  That one is a bug. Took off work today to take my wife for a (small) medical procedure. It was cancelled because of ice. So I am working on a fix for that exact issue this morning. There are quite a few niggles associated with TeamRadio that cropped up during mock races this week, so I've got half a dozen patches already. Once I get this one squared, I'm going to spend the day racing and fixing anything else I find. So likely a patch release tonight or tomorrow.

Also, the start button issue I had ages ago seems to no longer be an issue.
                  Glad to hear it.
                  Last edited by b.yingling; 02-07-2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

install Chrome...
                    Hello!

I started testing your system, and I would like to first thank you for the great work!
                    I miss some sound options, like listening to the sound of the chosen car, at some point, like the last lap, or some deslot for example. But for now, I wonder how I edit the screen? How do I change the positions of the information? have any ".ini" file for me to change the layout? I would like to see: position, turns, car image, pilot image, pilot name, best lap, etc ... change how information is displayed. it's possible?

again thank you very much! is working very well.

my track: Carrera Digital 1/32 Control Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Inferis View Post
                      have any ".ini" file for me to change the layout? I would like to see: position, turns, car image, pilot image, pilot name, best lap, etc ... change how information is displayed. it's possible?
                      The layout itself is not customize-able, but there are a lot of display options available on the 'Display' pages. A few more in 'Advanced' mode than in 'Easy' mode. You can choose to display the position or not, have driver's sorted by ID order or position order. Fuel gauge/no fuel gauge. Last lap, total laps and best lap are always on. Display sector times or not. Cycle through car image, driver image, car description, driver name- you can choose all or one. Median lap or speed (scale or real). Time to lead (or laps to lead, if you've been lapped). Black background and ID colors for text, or Windows background settings with ID colors. Probably other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. Not all combinations of all of these are available. There is only so much screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Inferis View Post
                        have any ".ini" file for me to change the layout? I would like to see: position, turns, car image, pilot image, pilot name, best lap, etc ... change how information is displayed. it's possible?
                        The layout itself is not customize-able, but there are a lot of display options available on the 'Display' pages. A few more in 'Advanced' mode than in 'Easy' mode. You can choose to display the position or not, have driver's sorted by ID order or position order. Fuel gauge/no fuel gauge. Last lap, total laps and best lap are always on. Display sector times or not. Cycle through car image, driver image, car description, driver name you can choose all or one. Median lap or speed (scale or real). Time to lead (or laps to lead, if you've been lapped). Black background and ID colors for text, or Windows background settings with ID colors. Probably other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. Not all combinations of all of these are available. There is only so much screen.

Comment

The layout itself is not customize-able, but there are a lot of display options available on the 'Display' pages. A few more in 'Advanced' mode than in 'Easy' mode. You can choose to display the position or not, have driver's sorted by ID order or position order. Fuel gauge/no fuel gauge. Last lap, total laps and best lap are always on. Display sector times or not. Cycle through car image, driver image, car description, driver name you can choose all or one. Median lap or speed (scale or real). Time to lead (or laps to lead, if you've been lapped). Black background and ID colors for text, or Windows background settings with ID colors. Probably other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. Not all combinations of all of these are available. There is only so much screen.
                          Yes. I've gone through all the possible screens and combinations, and it really works. But I still think I might have an option to swap the place columns. even if I manually editing a configuration file. It may be useless, but the freedom to choose the column order would be pretty cool. Thank you and keep up the good work.

attached, an edition of how I would like to leave the columns. just for you to see.
                          Last edited by Ex Inferis; 03-13-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I understand the desire- but it likely won't happen, at least not anytime soon.

It would be a *lot* of work. The display code is already complicated, as I try to fit as much as possible on the screen, with a host of different options, and the columns aren't really static. One example: the column for laps resizes when the leader reaches 100 laps, and again at 1000 (yes, it happens- successful 24hr races have been run using the software!).

To give you what you want, I'd still need to support any existing combination already in use w/o creating extra work for those existing users.

While the display code was made somewhat more modular when I introduced sector timing, it would still be a tremendous amount of time involved in rewriting and testing so as to make it completely modular and not break any existing uses. So not likely any time soon.

I have more planned for TeamRadio and the display server, and I'm currently working on an additional semi-major feature for the main program. These things already in the pipeline will keep me busy for a long time.
                            Last edited by b.yingling; 03-13-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the awesome software.

With team radio on(iPad), it is possible to listen to music until the first announcement. Then after the announcement it doesn't come back on. My guess is this was not a thought when programming the Team Radio and it's not a big deal. I was just wondering, if it's something easy to add? Some of our races get pretty loud. It would be nice to tune them out completely. lol

Thanks,
                              Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
                                Thanks for the awesome software.

With team radio on(iPad), it is possible to listen to music until the first announcement. Then after the announcement it doesn't come back on. My guess is this was not a thought when programming the Team Radio and it's not a big deal. I was just wondering, if it's something easy to add? Some of our races get pretty loud. It would be nice to tune them out completely. lol
                                You are listening to music on the iPad, and after the first TeamRadio announcement, the music stops?

Nothing I can do about that one. TeamRadio basically boils down to this: the web page you get from the main computer just asks the web browser to read a piece of text. If that is turning off music from somewhere else, I have no control over it.

When you say you're listening to music- with what software? In a web page, in an iTunes app, something else? I see no reason why you couldn't listen to music while looking at a web page (what you are essentially doing with TeamRadio), you just might have to use a different piece of software to listen to the music. But the Apple verse has it's own idiosyncrasies, and no Apple devices here, so I'm not really able to try anything.
                                Last edited by b.yingling; 03-13-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X