New CU firmware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CU firmware

The newest Apple version of the Carrera Race App (I assume it was released to take advantage of the new check lane hardware) also includes a new CU firmware v5.337. No Apple devices here, so if anyone updates and wants to pass along any noticeable changes, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

Bruce, I did some quick checking - unfortunately the main issue is still the never stopping blinking of the fuel gauge during pit stop. The pace car issue remains as well...

Everything else seems to be working fine on my track....

Seb

Comment

Originally posted by Rubirosa View Post
      Bruce, I did some quick checking - unfortunately the main issue is still the never stopping blinking of the fuel gauge during pit stop. The pace car issue remains as well...

Seb
      so are you going to go back to 5.332 before you send the magic phone back?

Comment

Yes, went back. On my way to post office now....

Thanks.

Seb

Comment

Seb
          I don't know if I even remember what these two issues are? Are they related to a version of the CU firmware, or just something you would like changed or added to my software?

Comment

Bruce,

check in your software thread, posts # 1352 - #1357 from January last year. It's firmware related - wondering, if you don't see this issue on the Android?

Seb
            Last edited by Rubirosa; 04-22-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Bruce,

check in your software thread, posts # 1352 - #1357 from January last year. It's firmware related - wondering, if you don't see this issue on the Android?

Seb
              OK. Got it. The tanks only go to fuel level 14. I still run my track side machine on 5.332, with an occasional test of 5.336. At the time 5.336 came out, I was in no hurry to patch the fuel gauge problem, because I thought they'd soon release another firmware update that would fix it. They were shooting them out every month or so. But now it's been a year, and the new updated firmware is still broken exactly the same way. So I'll patch it. I'm hoping to get a release up before the end of the day today that can act as a driver display server. Shouldn't be too much trouble to include this fuel gauge fix.
              Last edited by b.yingling; 04-23-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Bruce, running the latest firmware with your latest release did not fix the fuel gauge issue. Not sure, if you have already addressed this, as you had mentioned above...

Thanks.

Seb

Comment

Bruce, running the latest firmware with your latest release did not fix the fuel gauge issue.

Are you sure? Version 2.100 should recognize firmware v336 and later and stop flashing the fuel gauge when the fuel level reaches 14.

Comment

Affirmative.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                      The newest Apple version of the Carrera Race App (I assume it was released to take advantage of the new check lane hardware) also includes a new CU firmware v5.337. No Apple devices here, so if anyone updates and wants to pass along any noticeable changes, I'm sure we'd all be interested.
                      Correct it's for using the app with the new checklane i'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                        Correct it's for using the app with the new checklane i'm told.
                        I figured that- it's just odd, because the checklane works fine with v5.332 (what I run on my track).

Comment

Still nothing new for Android, correct? I tried it just the other week and there was no update.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert34 View Post
                            Still nothing new for Android, correct? I tried it just the other week and there was no update.
                            Nothing from Carrera yet. I know that you know Smartrace has an android version for use with the check lane. Just in case some reading this are not aware.

Has anyone here tried Open Lap? Their latest version (android) supports the check lane as well. Supposedly works with the app connect device or a USB (On-The-Go) cable.
                            Last edited by b.yingling; 05-31-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                              Are you sure? Version 2.100 should recognize firmware v336 and later and stop flashing the fuel gauge when the fuel level reaches 14.

Bruce

Confirming what Seb observed on 2.100 with 5337 firmware - fuel gage hangs at 14 and keeps flashing the fuel gauge.

==>Seb I'll bring the magic 5332 iPhone down with me when I come

Thanks

Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X