Frankenslot Replacement Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankenslot Replacement Guide

Another item that came in the euro-box are these replacement Frankenslot guides that are advertised to eliminate the guide popping you encounter frequently in a D124 no mag at a full tail hang - my C6R's are the worst. Anyway, lots of subtle design details - the expanding barbs have a bigger expanded diameter, the square locating nub is also a bit deeper and more square on the corners to locate in the brush holder more securely. Also a little deeper and a little longer than a stock flag. They were under 2 euro each - i got a few extras if any one is interested in trying one out, PM me and we can work something out

PM sent~Ron

Comment

PM sent..
      Thanks,
      Randy

Comment

How do they perform in comparison to the stock guide keel?

Best regards,
        Brian

Comment

well, they definitely tell me i need to clean the track

could not get one to snap out, even abusively spinning it out

interesting on the install - it was actually a press fit to press the rectangular nub in.

Thinking this is a pretty trick part - will have to run a lot of laps and see how it wears

Comment

Ed, I'm thinking you need to try these out yourself on my track.

Comment

Frankenslot seem to have some very good equipment

Comment

Love more options.
                Will these fit on D132 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
                  Love more options.
                  Will these fit on D132 as well?
                  I think they will, the guides that come with the two scales look identical. That looks to fix another common problem, the guide that tilts under pressure. I've always thought that to be a weak spot in tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by buspor63 View Post
                    I think they will, the guides that come with the two scales look identical. That looks to fix another common problem, the guide that tilts under pressure. I've always thought that to be a weak spot in tuning.

Yeah, it's a direct fit on D132. The pic below is a full mag D132 COT that I run for fun when I just want to go wicked fast - it runs 6.5 sec laps & my D124's with no mag and urethanes run 9.5 or so. The Frankenslot guide swap was night and day in this car - the breakaways at the limit with the stock guide were unpredictable and frequent - and always from the front with all the mag I have in - it generally took a while to pull together a clean fast lap. with the guide swap I ran 5 in a row at 6.5 sec without even a hint of breaking away - so i think the limit is higher because its a bit longer and deeper and that it's overall much more rigidly mounted.

Still have a couple extras

Ed

Comment

did some measuring on the "nub" that locates the guide

Frankenslot vs stock

length 4.13 mm vs 3.96 mm
                      width 2.44 mm vs 1.96 mm
                      height 2.65 mm vs 1.96 mm

also look at the tapered top of the nub on the stock part

Here's a close up

Comment

Ed, if your looking to sell, I'll take a couple. PM me the details.

Comment

Me too if there are extras.

Comment

Working...
                          X