Looking for Carrera D124 Endurance racers this June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Carrera D124 Endurance racers this June

I moved this to it's own thread since the topic subject is different.

Bruce

So, this whole question came up, because I still dream of a 24h race at some point. We accomplished the 4h Turkey Day Race for several times, without any hick-ups and I think we are ready to move on to a 6h event.
    The main struggle seems to be finding enough "committed" racers. There's probably 15 guys here in town, but it seems to be impossible to get them all motivated at the same time.

I will throw this out there and see what happens - I have not posted any of this here in Cincy, because obviously, it would be fun to see how many out of town people we could end up with.

Also, in the past few years we came all together for the Le Mans 24h - starting Saturday at 9:00am with "Bavarian breakfast". Then just hanging out, racing slot cars all day, watching the real race, grilling sausages - in short, just a good old time. Some years we managed to stick around to see the race finish in Le Mans on Sunday morning at 9:00am.

Anyway, I thought why not hold a 6h event on the weekend of 17th-18th of June, which is the Le Mans date.

So, Saturday 17th of June, doors open at 9:00am, racing starts at 2:00pm. Race length is 6h - clock does not stop for track calls.
    Grilling some sort of food after the race and race some more...?

Chime in, if you are interested/able to attend or send me any questions you might have.

Once we have enough interest, I will follow up on specifics in terms of cars,rules, etc....

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers

Seb

Will there be appearance fees?

Comment

No, I agreed to race for free this time. LOL

Bruce

Comment

Nutz! How do you expect to get us high profile digital racers from the west to come? I can think of at least a couple of us. Per diem, travel expenses, free room and board, live-in masseuse...

Have prizes. Will travel.

Comment

I've cleared my schedule for that day. I'm happy to race if you want a beginner in the mix. I'm cool to just marshall/hang out/man the grill or whatever as well. This sounds like a good time.

Comment

Dave K. was free last time he came in! lol

The track is too cool to pass up. You won't be disappointed!!

Bruce

Comment

Wish I could make it, your races look like tons of fun!!

Comment

the biggest thing on my schedule that weekend was to watch LeMans - if we can race and watch LeMans it's a win-win - count me in

Ed

Comment

That sounds great!

Bruce

Comment

Good news, Ed - now you will have to convince some of your local racers to tag along...

Seb

Comment

U guys in Cincinnati? I live over by champaign I'll, depends on how far away u r. U said 1/24 scale, what kind of cars? All I have is 1/32

Comment

Cincy, yes. Google says 3:50 right now from Champaign to here...

Carrera modern GT, D124 cars - no worries, if you don't have a car. It's a team race and as long as your team mate has a car you are fine - most likely you'll drive with somebody locally that has a car.

We have 6 racers so far - half way there...

Cheers.

Seb

Comment

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Comment

If you're remotely interested in Carrera Digital, this is the track to see.

Bruce

Comment

I have a Carrera 1/32 digital track ......about 57'
                              Last edited by Badbrad; 05-08-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X