X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anthonyalonso
    started a topic cot rear axle 89406 slot it replacement

cot rear axle 89406 slot it replacement

Looking for COT nascar 89406 rear axle set. Need 3 of them . Anybody know what size the axle is? I would replace with slot it parts if we knew the part # for the axle, gear, and hubs.

• anthonyalonso
    replied
    Thanks Bruce,
    Will check that out. Sorry for the "bit of a stretch" Not good with words!

Leave a comment:

• b.yingling
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonyalonso View Post
    I do not need to here a post that they did not sell -blah blah blah!! They are selling now like no tomorrow and parts need to be available! Hey Dave whats up?
    Tom

Carrera hasn't sold COTs for several years now. So "they are selling now like no tomorrow" is a bit of a stretch. Are they hard to find? Sure. They haven't been sold for several years now.

Went to Bing and searched for 'Carrera 89406'. The first link in the results was an online retailer who reported having them in stock.
    Last edited by b.yingling; 05-11-2017, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyalonso
    replied
    no, it is the gears are getting stripped due to lots of hi speed crashing which loosens the motor which ruins the gear mesh. tried hot gluing the motor in but only holds so long and then motor becomes loose again. In all fairness we have ran 7 cots for 4 years now and only three gears have gone bad and they are in-destructable. Just wish Carrera would offer the replacement axle set 89406 as they offer all others except that one. These COT cars are in demand now and Carrera needs to bow up and do something about this void. I do not need to here a post that they did not sell -blah blah blah!! They are selling now like no tomorrow and parts need to be available! Hey Dave whats up?
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• buspor63
    replied
    Are they out of round? I've got about ten COT cars that I've trued the wheels on. I disassemble the wheel into the two halves, work the flash out of them, cut, grind, sand till they fit back together perfectly. After that, I run them on my Razor. I do the same for the fronts. It helps a lot to super glue the axle/bushing gap, not for the faint of heart though, or you will really be needing to replace the assembly.

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied
    Probably easier to swap the entire rear end.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

Working...
X