New Trans Am and Chevelle Tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trans Am and Chevelle Tires

What are the odds the new Chevelle and Trans Am tires will be interchangeable with the tires from the older, out of production Chevelles and Trans Ams? So in 2-3 years when the replacement tires for these new cars finally show up on these shores we can replace the tires on these older cars? Thoughts?

Greg (still patiently waiting for a replacement rear wing for the Ford GT)

Originally posted by chrisngreg View Post
    What are the odds the new Chevelle and Trans Am tires will be interchangeable with the tires from the older, out of production Chevelles and Trans Ams? So in 2-3 years when the replacement tires for these new cars finally show up on these shores we can replace the tires on these older cars? Thoughts?

Zero odds on the Chevelle. I have the new chevelle and immediately noticed the rear tires are wider extending outside the wheel wells. Tried to swap onto the blue chevelle and no luck. The new chevelle is setup more of a track racer with a lifted profile to compensate for the larger tires. Front tires appear to be the same though.

New trans am come out yet?

TRU

Comment

Originally posted by chrisngreg View Post

You can zoom in on the car here...

http://race.cincyslots.com/shop-124-...ital-slot-car/

Comment

The blue Chevelle is a street car with street tires. The new one is set up like the yellow Chevelle as a drag car. Chances are those two will interchange.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by truwebs View Post
          You can zoom in on the car here...
          Thanks for posting those high res photos Bruce... always my first go to when I want to see detail on a new car.

If those new F1 cars ever come out, I'll be placing an order... unless I spend my allotted $ on a BRM Trans Am.

Comment

no problem.

you can't go wrong with either purchase.

bruce

Comment

Working...
            X