Guide return spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide return spring

We have had the return spring for guide in the Nascar 132 digital cars snap in a number of our cars. Does anyone know if these can be ordered. Also any links or suggestions upgrade the motor or tires would also be helpful. Thank you. Bill

Bill, we have destroyed many springs at our local Hobby Town. There is no replacement spring available that I know of. There is an alternative that has been done and I have my son's cars done this way even with new cars we have gotten:
    1. Unplug the guide lead wires
    2. Remove the top plate
    3. Remove the broken or new spring
    4. Use a SMALL rubber band (at Wal-Mart they are in the ladies hair section as a variety pack)
    5. Make the rubber band double over and put it over on the post of the guide and on the center post of the chassis.
    6. Put the top plate back on, check for play.
    7. Plug the guide lead wires back together.

This will give you lots more resistance than the spring had and last alot longer and cheaper than finding a replacement.

For tires, go to SlotCarCorner.com and look for Silicone or Urethane 1303 C (classic silicone) or 1303 Y (Yellow Dogs urethane) Either work good, Silicone works best on CLEAN tracks and last a longer time. Urethanes work on slightly dirty tracks and perform VERY WELL. The only thing about Urethane tires is that they will start to loose grip after about 1000 laps and when they start to go they just let loose. Either way you will see an increased speed and lower times (by at least 1/2 second or more). As far as motors, if yours hasn't worn down yet then leave it. After around 30k laps and you check your times and they fall off by 1 to 2 seconds and you determine that the tires are not the problem, then you should look into a motor, slot.it, NSR or other brands are out there, try to keep it under 25k for rpm speed as to not fry the chip.

Have fun and enjoy the Hobby!

CK

Comment

We broke the guide spring in one of my 67 Mustangs, and now I just run without it. The car works at least as well this way. The only problem is when it deslots you have to check the guide to reslot the car.

Comment

ill, we have destroyed many springs at our local Hobby Town. There is no replacement spring available that I know of. There is an alternative that has been done and I have my son's cars done this way even with new cars we have gotten:
        1. Unplug the guide lead wires
        2. Remove the top plate
        3. Remove the broken or new spring
        4. Use a SMALL rubber band (at Wal-Mart they are in the ladies hair section as a variety pack)
        5. Make the rubber band double over and put it over on the post of the guide and on the center post of the chassis.
        6. Put the top plate back on, check for play.
        7. Plug the guide lead wires back together.

This will give you lots more resistance than the spring had and last alot longer and cheaper than finding a replacement.

For tires, go to SlotCarCorner.com and look for Silicone or Urethane 1303 C (classic silicone) or 1303 Y (Yellow Dogs urethane) Either work good, Silicone works best on CLEAN tracks and last a longer time. Urethanes work on slightly dirty tracks and perform VERY WELL. The only thing about Urethane tires is that they will start to loose grip after about 1000 laps and when they start to go they just let loose. Either way you will see an increased speed and lower times (by at least 1/2 second or more). As far as motors, if yours hasn't worn down yet then leave it. After around 30k laps and you check your times and they fall off by 1 to 2 seconds and you determine that the tires are not the problem, then you should look into a motor, slot.it, NSR or other brands are out there, try to keep it under 25k for rpm speed as to not fry the chip.

Have fun and enjoy the Hobby!

CK

Comment

Returns springs are not available as a part from Carrera, I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ckyle494 View Post
            [*]Use a SMALL rubber band (at Wal-Mart they are in the ladies hair section as a variety pack)

CK
            These are also available at Dollar Tree on the Beauty/Personal Care aisle in the 'ethnic' section.

Comment

While tweaking my Carrera 1/32 'Francesco' car, the spring... disappeared. It went 'click' and was just.... gone.

Any replacement ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X