Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to get stock repacement tires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so hard to get stock repacement tires?

Is there a reason it is so hard (nearly impossible) to find replacement stock Carrera tires? Does Carrera just not make them? (I know the tire issue has been beat to death)
    Ex.: #85394 1/24 Replacement Tires, Porsche GT3 RSR Blackswan Racing "No.54"

Yes we do but most of the time no one orders them.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
      Yes we do but most of the time no one orders them.
      Thanks Dave. I understand that most people probably replace the tires w/better sticking ones. It just seems like everywhere I go online I have a hard time/can't find what I'm looking for. It seems to me it should be easier to replace such a basic part as tires.

And I'm sorry this got double posted. For some reason last night the forum was not allowing me to post to the Carrera parts sub-forum so I posted to the root forum. Now, today, it shows up in both .

Comment

As most of you probably know some Carrera cars had a problem with their front tires disintegrating after a while. Last week I bought some Paul Gage tires that were recommended for replacement and I must say they work fine in that role. I left them unsanded as they look slicker that way. They also work fine as replacements for most slot.it rear hubs.

Comment

OSG, you might have some luck posting the tires you need in the BST forum as a lot of folks replace the tires as soon as they take them off the base.

Comment

I looked up the tires at the Carrera website for the Carrera DIGITAL 124 Porsche GT3 RSR Blackswan Racing and the part number is listed as 85469. The 85469 tires are available from retailers.

Best regards,
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Modlerbob View Post
              As most of you probably know some Carrera cars had a problem with their front tires disintegrating after a while. Last week I bought some Paul Gage tires that were recommended for replacement and I must say they work fine in that role. I left them unsanded as they look slicker that way. They also work fine as replacements for most slot.it rear hubs.
              Yes Bob.. some... we sell thousands of cars a year and a few had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Modlerbob View Post
                For the price that we pay to get these fabulous cars, they cannot be 100% proof !

I'm a fan of digital Carrera and if the tires are cheap, I'll just go and buy some PG tires to replace them.

Comment

For a total newbie that just want to race with his kid, PGT or XPG?

Or is there something simpler.

Comment

I believe PGT = Paul Gage Tires. XPS and XPG are his two types. So, getting XPG, you're also getting PGT.

But yes, I think an order of Paul Gage Tires is the fastest and easiest way to improve car performance of practically any car. He has tires for almost everything.

Comment

PGT may last a little longer.
                      New you are probably running the same few cars a lot.
                      When you've been going a while you'll get more cars and trade off running them and not be getting tires as often....or so it will seem
                      Glue them on the rims with some clear nail polish

Comment

We just posted most of our Carrera stock of tires. Maybe we have something you need.

[email protected] Cincyslots

Comment

Thx everybody, I guess I'm on the right track

Comment

Working...
                          X