Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally landed the DS Line in North America again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally landed the DS Line in North America again.

I am very happy to announce we now have the DS line in warehouse at www.scaleracing.com and will be shipping out orders to Dealers in the coming weeks.

Included in this massive shipment was the Wi Tec Controller which I am very interested in testing myself having used one last year at Slotlandia.

The Controller $219.99 and Dongle $79.99 are both in stock now ready to ship.

When first announced the Controller was $249.99 and the Dongle $99.99 but we were able to negotiate better pricing on this shipment to reduce the price to under $300.00 in Stores in the USA.

All the DS Timers are back in stock, more News soon.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Alan

Any news on an update to Winslot? I bought a version from CRIC CRAC years ago for $70 US, in which all the features didn't work. I love my DS equipment super reliable, but the software needs to be upgraded.

Regards!

Mike

Comment

I might be able to get a free older computer and was wondering if I can use my DS300 with some software on it? Also, does the remote have a pause on it? I need an easy way to pause the race when there are track calls.

Comment

GLP,
        I run (sometimes) the DS300 through a Mac with RMx software. And the remote has all of the buttons/functions as the DS300.

Cheers!
        Paul

Comment

To control track power.

You need to run through a Stop and Go box. This has the relays to power up and power down the track.

There are various ways to hook up a Stop and Go box and several types of these boxes. Depeds if you want to be able to have lanes power down individualy or just shut down all the lanes together.

The DS as it stands is a stand alone timer ( once you add a light bridge or dead strip and power supply ) to interface with track power you need the Stop and Go box.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I have the stop and go box. The problem is if someone needs to pause the race, the pause button has to be pushed on the unit. I can use a remote between the two racers and whoever needs to pause the race can. I'm wondering if I can use the DS300 with the stop n go box with a computer for display just like on the unit. Maybe with refueling? Plus I saw somewhere thas DS offers some kind of race format to use a computer and DS unit together.

Comment

Originally posted by glp View Post
              I have the stop and go box. The problem is if someone needs to pause the race, the pause button has to be pushed on the unit. I can use a remote between the two racers and whoever needs to pause the race can. I'm wondering if I can use the DS300 with the stop n go box with a computer for display just like on the unit. Maybe with refueling? Plus I saw somewhere thas DS offers some kind of race format to use a computer and DS unit together.
              There are several software programs that work with the DS Units.
              Here are some that I know of.

Ultimate Racer - UR30 which has a subforum here on SCI - windows only
              SlotTrak11 - which is windows only
              PC LapTimer - windows only
              RmX - for Mac and Windows - which I wrote and support.

Dale
              ScaleSlots

Comment

glp,

DS makes a remote. My local NINCO commercial track has one of these remotes - the remote has all the keys and functions that the DS timing module has on the top.

Comment

Since I am not too smart with computers, how do I connect my DS300 to computer to use one of these programs, such as RmX?
                  Originally posted by dude View Post
                  There are several software programs that work with the DS Units.
                  Here are some that I know of.

Ultimate Racer - UR30 which has a subforum here on SCI - windows only
                  SlotTrak11 - which is windows only
                  PC LapTimer - windows only
                  RmX - for Mac and Windows - which I wrote and support.

Dale
                  ScaleSlots
                  Last edited by glp; 07-17-2010, 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

glp,

All you have to do is connect the pc and ds300 with a rs232 cable. In my case I also needed a USB/serial adapter. I also have a track call button at each driver station that is NOT connected to the ds or computer. Works great!

Cheers! Paul

Comment

OK. Thanks! What kind of switch do you use? And I assume it only kills track power but the clock still runs down? And how is it wired in?
                      Originally posted by TransIssues View Post
                      glp,

All you have to do is connect the pc and ds300 with a rs232 cable. In my case I also needed a USB/serial adapter. I also have a track call button at each driver station that is NOT connected to the ds or computer. Works great!

Cheers! Paul

Comment

glp,

I had SCC install the call buttons when I ordered the drivers stations. They also sell the component parts as well here. Ends up looking like this:

I put a new terminal block between the power supply and TB-0 of a SCC wiring kit with a SPDT relay connecting these two terminal blocks. The power to control the relay comes off the new terminal and runs through the call buttons. The "energized" hot lead off the relay goes to the new terminal block to power a set of flashing LEDs designed for a 1:1 car. Piece of pie and better yet works great!

Here is a diagram I found on a car stereo website that I used to run the wires. Bottom "lit" light is the track, and when the call button is pressed, the power is removed from the track and the LEDs (the unlit light bulb in the picture) are lit.

And the flashing LEDs end up looking like this:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLZ6286Rvd8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLZ6286Rvd8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

You are correct the DS and my track call buttons are independent of each other. I use the call button to preserve my fleet from my 3 and 4 year olds and the neighborhood kids. And if I'm racing I just have the DS remote right in front of me if I need to pause the action. You can see in the video of the LEDs that the DS 300 and 334 sit across the table and even with my wingspan I can't reach the buttons on top!

Hope that helps some!

Cheers!
                        Paul

Comment

Yes it does help. Thanks. I made my own controller hook-ups. The brake line has a 3 amp fuse and I can use the stock NINCO controller plugs or the three prong household plug. We use the three prong plugs, which I learned from Ace Hobby, and they work great. Nothing shorts when we plug in or unplug. The stereo plugs short the brake line and blow the fuse. I also use 6 amp self reseting fuse in the positive side from the power source for each lane.

Comment

Here they are. The red wire out has the DS connector and plugs into the Stop And Go box.

Comment

I bought the DS-0075 which should work with my DS-300 but I can't get it to work. Any ideas besides the battery?

Comment

Working...
                              X