DS-300 to Laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-300 to Laptop

OK. I got a new laptop and installed a race manager. My DS unit has a rs232c plug but my laptop has something similar but without screw holes. Does anyone know the correct cable?

Maybe a serial to USB converter would work

Comment

As Green Destiny pointed out you will need a USB->Serial converter as no new laptops come with serial ports any longer. The port you see on your laptop is most likely a video port.

There are many USB->Serial converters. Just be sure and get the correct drivers for your Operating System. Just use google and search for "USB to serial". Keyspan and TrendNet make quality adapters.

Dale

Originally posted by glp View Post
      OK. I got a new laptop and installed a race manager. My DS unit has a rs232c plug but my laptop has something similar but without screw holes. Does anyone know the correct cable?

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

As the adage goes, "No news is good news!" However, in the interest of my curiosity [since I am seriously thinking of a 4-lane Ninco purchase], how has the cable conversion and software setup worked out for you? And by the way, is this product compatible with other software? I'm a noob to the hobby. Thanks for any word or advice.

Abi

Comment

Recommended software to use with DS 200, 30, 300

This is the software I recommend for use with the DS systems.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...play.php?f=184

www.scaleracing.com
            Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.slotcarillustrated.com
            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

cool

Comment

Alan, I too am curious what software works well with the DS platform. the link here i was unable to access?

Comment

Sadly the link does not work as the Owner of that Software passed away.

There are many software programs made to work with DS, UR 30 which has a Forum here on SCI. PC Lap Counter and many others.

I do not bring in the DS System as it defaults to Spanish if there is an error and I do not feel comfortable selling a system with that issue.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.slotcarillustrated.com
                  www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
                  X