Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 200 - things you need to know that are not in the manual

hi all,

posting this in hopes of saving others the slight grief i had in getting our new ds200/scaley light bridge timing system to work. two key tasks you need to complete for system to run properly:

1. you must set number defaults for all programs that show "CCCC" defaults from factory.
    2. you must align the light bridge with the holes in the bottom track slot so you can see bottom sensors when looking into slot. slide bridge until you see the little nipple sensors showing. the open areas within the slot are there on scaley and ninco track from the factory, carrera track you must drill them.

these two critical pieces of information are not in the instructions manual and the ds200 system will not work until both are completed.

you know how it is... you are somewhat intelligent, you read all the directions and they make sense but the **** thing will not work ??? this is why and a big thank you to alan smith for talking me off of the ledge and helping me get our new timing system working . we are up and running and all is good.

alan

• svanaken
    replied
    Originally posted by dude View Post
    No, there is not a way to get the times to stay longer on the display. It would be a nice feature though.

Dale
    My thanks for the info on this. As you said, a nice feature it would be.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• dude
    replied
    Lap time display

No, there is not a way to get the times to stay longer on the display. It would be a nice feature though.

Dale

Leave a comment:

• svanaken
    replied
    Perhaps a silly question, but here goes. Anyway to get the lap times to stay up longer than a second or two? Even my fastest cars won't lap any quicker than 15 seconds so there is no worries about the lap being triggered if the time stays up longer.

I have the DS 300 system.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    RaceManagerX is available now.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=42861

This program is written in the USA and comes with full support.

Hope this helps

Happy Holidays

Leave a comment:

• Black3sr
    replied
    Any updates?

I have a DS200 and now have access to a laptop and wondering what all I need.

bill

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Also working on a Drag Race program to work with DS 200.

Will update News here as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Coming soon.

Ok a little more on this, the DS compatible software will be available early September $49.99 direct from www.scaleracing.com or from DS Dealers.

Will come with a year of free tech support, written in the USA. PC and Mac versions available.

More soon!!

Leave a comment:

• glp
    replied
    Yes please. I need this bad!

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Winslot runs on the DS Lap Counters

OK this is a difficult one for me.

I have been involved with DS since 1995 and I believe they make a great product.

However Winslot is a problem in an English market, why well as it is written in Spanish then converted to English any error messages tend to come up in Spanish, a huge problem for this market.

I have always felt that while Winslot is a good program ( I have raced in Europe using the system ) we need an English based program to add on to DS.

I am working with someone to bring this out for Dealers and Racers, a Windows and Mac based program that is supported here in the USA.

More News soon but there are answers coming.

Also DS are working on an updated version of Winslot that is going to be a much better product for other markets.

The DS 200 and DS 300 do not come with software, but are ready to hook up to a PC, although you may need adaptors as most now use USB cables.

More soon, real soon.
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-25-2010, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gene465
    replied
    Hey Alan looks like DS 200 can be hooked up to a computer and if so is there any software to do so? Looking at the ds200 in store it looks like it comes with software. Mine did not come with any I see the port for the PC so I am assuming that is the cable you have in your store. I now have a pair of PCs and monitors so I am looking to adding one for that purpose. Thanks Gene

Leave a comment:

• luggnutt
    replied
    Thanks Alan

yes sir it does .....thansk Mike

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    C-C Senor

Glad to help all with DS questions.

The C-C is a program mode, and as such a DS will not function with any saved in the memory.

Once you program in the Default Setting all is fine. Time 3 or 5 minutes, Laps 10, F1 25 and most important Pt which is break out 0.5. With no break out time set all laps will be below minimum so no laps will count.

I re-set all the DS 200 and DS 300 units I shipped once I spotted this error from the Manufacturer. But anyone experiencing problems happy to help any time.

The optical sensors seeing the light is an issue, also remember if you use a Light Bridge on Carrera you must drill a hole in the track for the light to shine through, on NINCO, Scalextric and SCX you only need to align the hole in the bottom of the slots so the optical sensor can see the red L.E.D.

Look down in the slot and you should see the sensor bathed in red light, if you can not see it, it probably will not work. Symptom: the lap counter counts one lap then stops counting. This is almost always a blocked sensor, they must see the light to work. When the car blocks the light the sensor switch's and laps are counted.

Hope this helps.

www.scaleracing.com

1-253-255-1807 24/7

Leave a comment:

• luggnutt
    replied
    Thanks for the info

Just hooked Mine up this weekend I was told about this Tony at FW but spaced it ...i kept reading the manual over and over wondering why it wasn't working correctly .....now I know !!! c-ya Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X