Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 300 & Dead Strip on Routed Track

Hello Everyone

I just finished laying braid for my new wood routed track, and I plan to us my DS300 lap counter and Stop & Go boxes for driver's station and counting laps. Has anyone use the DS equipment on a routed track, and is it any different than setting it up for my old Scalextric track? Anything problems I may encounter with the deadstrip?

I appreciate the feedback.

Regards!

Mike

Since the DS300 supports a dead-strip option it should work fine. DS even sells a dead-strip track section. I know that dead-strips only work correctly in one direction of travel so you need to look out for that.

Dale

ScaleSlots

Comment

Dead strip must be reverse polarity to track.

Also make sure you have at least a 3" dead strip.

If polarity of the dead strip is not the opposite to track the cars will only score at low speed.

+++++ ------------- ++++++
      ------ ++++++++++ -------

Hope this makes sense, call or email if any problems.

www.scaleracing.com

[email protected]

1-253-255-1807
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Don't know if this will help but I converted my DS200 to wood. I just took the bridge apart and extended the wiring on one end.

Comment

I use my DS system with my routed track and it's no different than a plastic track set up. However, I use a light bridge as I'm planning on setting up a fuel management feature, so I don't have any experience with the DS dead strip. I am currently building a routed oval that will have the DS dead strips installed so I can use my DS300 as well.

I'll let you know how it goes.

tim

Comment

Working...
          X