Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct Radio Shack Wall Plug for DS 200?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Radio Shack Wall Plug for DS 200?

Anyone have a model number or specs for the correct transformer?

The one I have is a 12V 1500mA - brand is Nexxtech. I believe it came with a few different jacks and one fit the DS.

Have you bought your DS yet? I have mine for sale.

bill

Comment

Ds-0051

The recommended power supply is the DS-0051 which is a 10 volt 3 amp supply. If you use a Stop and Go box or relays it is very important that the system has 3 amps.

The DS-0051 is $24.99 with a US adapter.
      Last edited by Scaleracing; 09-12-2011, 08:31 AM.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
        The recommended power supply is the DS 51 which is a 10 volt 3 amp supply. If you use a Stop and Go box or relays it is very important that the system has 3 amps.

The DS-51 is $24.99 with a US adapter.
        Interesting. The one I have was recommended by one of the sponsors here that I bought the DS from. I seem to recall they gave me the product number.

Comment

Since last year I took over Distribution of DS again( I was the original Importer )

The only power supply that I can and will recommend is the DS one, of course other will work. But the spec is 10 volts 3 amps many recommend too low an amperage supply to operate these units.

Also this Forum is to promote DS product and the DS-0051 is fairly priced so I hope some will support DS and my Company.

Thanks for understanding, and if using any other supply please make sure it is between 10-12 volts no more, and 3 amps minimum to avoid potential problems which DS ( me ) can not warranty.

If you run only the DS 200 or DS 300 and no relay boxes etc you can get away with the RS supply which is 1.5 amp, but I can only warranty problems if the correct supply is used. Previously the old Distributor did not import the DS supply so maybe this is why they recommended another unit. What ever you do if using relay boxes etc you must have 3 amps available.

www.scaleracing.com
          Last edited by Scaleracing; 09-12-2011, 08:30 AM.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

wow, did not know that ds even offered a power supply. been using the radio shack 1.5amp, 12 volt unit that was recommended by a site advertiser when i purchased my ds 200. so far so good. no relay boxes here. am i ok? dont want to damage the unit...

Comment

Originally posted by aww4 View Post
              wow, did not know that ds even offered a power supply. been using the radio shack 1.5amp, 12 volt unit that was recommended by a site advertiser when i purchased my ds 200. so far so good. no relay boxes here. am i ok? dont want to damage the unit...
              Neither did I. I was just trying to be helpful and answer the OPs question.

Comment

The previous Importer did not bring in DS Power Supplies for their Lap Counter

So had to find a solution They looked at Radio Shack as that company has stores across N America and reasonable prices. The original supply was a switchable 1 amp unit which cost at that time about $15.00 ( if I remember correctly ) This unit worked OK on 2 lane counters of the time from DS, this was the earlier DS-001 through DS-010 counters for 2 lanes. On the DS-030 it also worked but would fail fairly quickly with continual use. Also problems were reported when using any add on parts such as DS-021 or DS-061. Another issue that showed up was sometime odd lap counts, especially on the DS-200 with the DS-060 drag lights.
                A different supply was tried and that helped and Radio Shack had now stopped making earlier supplies and moved to a 12 volt 1500ma supply the price had risen to over $25.00. that supply is now listed as 273-358 and in checking with Radio Shack is $29.99. It use to come with a tip included in the price to fit your device but it may cost an extra $6.99 now if read the radio Shack web site correctly.

The DS-0051 is 10 volts 3 amps output and come with a European to USA plug adapter included in the price at $24.99 it is in stock and can be shipped out today.

Also this part of SCI is to promote the sales of DS product, this is why I mention the DS supply. Well that and it is the correct spec for the unit and protected by the DS warranty.

As mentioned earlier the old Importer of DS did not offer this item, but now it is and it is a better ( the correct ) spec and at good pricing.

I hope this helps some.

www.scaleracing.com
                Last edited by Scaleracing; 09-12-2011, 08:35 AM.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

DS 200 power requirements

wow, did not know that DS even offered a power supply. been using the radio shack 1.5amp, 12 volt unit that was recommended by a site advertiser when i purchased my DS 200. so far so good. no relay boxes here. am i ok? dont want to damage the unit...
                  If the unit you are using is the one I posted above 12 volts ( please no higher ) 1500MA then you are fine for a DS 200 with a light bridge or dead strip. You will not be able to use a control box as that requires more amperage than you have available.
                  What happened if you under amp these units is inaccurate timing, odd re-setting of the saved memory, the beep will change and possibly other issues.
                  If all you ever plan to run is the DS 200 and a light bridge nothing else connected to the DS 200 you are fine.

To run all the add on parts a DS 200 requires 10-12 volts and 3 amps.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

for 25 bucks its an easy upgrade and you could use the shack one for lighting

Comment

Working...
                    X