Need help programming DS200 lap timer/counter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help programming DS200 lap timer/counter

Moved into new digs, don't have room for a multi lane track on which to host club race events. All of our club tracks are routed mdf, so I routed a 40' lap length ONE lane track to test/tune cars so that I can try to at least be competitive at our races.

So I contacted a vendor about a good timer for a one lane track...don't need a race management system, just something that gives me lap times so I can set up and tune my cars.

He suggested the DS-200. So I get it, and in looking through the directions, I have to admit it's the most convoluted set of instructions I've ever seen. All I want to do is count laps and see lap times...essentially a normal practice session.

I've read the instructions, fiddled with it...can't get it to do just simple practice lap timing.

Can someone familiar with this system explain how to just time laps with the darn thing? Not a race mode, just practice.
    Thanks

TLB

contact alan smith of 132slotcar.us (owner of sci and advertiser). he walked me through the set up of my ds-200 which consists of setting the defaults. took about 5 mins. on the phone. the directions are useless. you also need to make sure the light bridge sensors are under the "holes" in the track. alan will get you up and running for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by aww4 View Post
      contact alan smith of 132slotcar.us (owner of sci and advertiser). he walked me through the set up of my ds-200 which consists of setting the defaults. took about 5 mins. on the phone. the directions are useless. you also need to make sure the light bridge sensors are under the "holes" in the track. alan will get you up and running for sure...
      Thanks, I will reach out to him. Aside, I'm using dead strips instead of light sensor. It is supposed to function with the DS's, and I purchased the purpose made DS cable for the strips. I know it is wired correctly, not the first dead strip I've wired over the years.

Thanks!

Comment

Heard from the vendor, and read through another thread about re-setting the min lap time, and now all is well. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Todd

Dead strip will work fine, only thing to remember is reverse polarity to track or will not count accurately.

Also make sure he power supply is at least 12 volts 1 amp, preferred is 12 volts 3 amps, but 1 amp will work with just timer running dead strip.

Any helped needed call 1-253-255-1807 24/7.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
          X