DS Light Bridge Counter (Universal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS Light Bridge Counter (Universal)

I'm using a DS200 and light bridge outside. The track is on a patio completely covered by an overhanging roof. There are no sides preventing sunlight from coming in. I notice if I race at noon-ish the cars are not counted. At sunset, the counter works fine. Inside the house the counter works fine but not under bright light. What are people doing to get the counter to work under bright light conditions or outside? Is there some tips or tricks? Otherwise I guess I'll have to move to a deadstrip? (though I hate those because they work in only one direction). TIA.

1hd

When we do Events outside ( every summer )

When we do events we cover the light bridge with an over-bridge ( for want of a better word ) This shields the direct sunlight off of the Light Bridge and has always worked for me. Never had a problem indoors, but I always avoid having tracks where direct sunlight is striking the track.

Hope this helps

www.scaleracing.com
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
      When we do events we cover the light bridge with an over-bridge ( for want of a better word ) This shields the direct sunlight off of the Light Bridge and has always worked for me. Never had a problem indoors, but I always avoid having tracks where direct sunlight is striking the track.

Hope this helps

www.scaleracing.com
      Alan,

Do you have a picture or diagram of this? I'd like to see how you cover the light bridge. I tried this but apparently I didn't do it correctly. Thanks

1hd

Comment

Check out the Video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3hj6f9Igw"]Portland 2011 014 - YouTube[/ame]

You can see the Blue Bridge cover in these videos.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfiBJk9R2-0"]Portland ABFM 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Raw video of the Annual Event I do at the All British Field Meet Labor Day weekend at PIR in Oregon.

Will be there again the end of the Summer, hope to see some local racers there

www.132slotcar.us
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.classicmini.us
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment