DS pro 4 controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS pro 4 controller

Hi,anyone tried the DS pro 4 controller or seen a review thanks, phil.

I have tested the DS Pro 4 Controller

This is a great progression from the Pro Speed 3. Will be speaking with DS today regarding delivery.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Any update on this controller?

Has anyone used one?

Looked online and found nothing so it is either so good people are at a loss for words or it sucks and no one buys it.

Comment

Not trying to create an informercial

Here the DS Pro Speed 4 is well liked, but cannot say many other Tracks have even tried this controller.
        If I could only have one controller to travel with running European type Slot Cars this is the controller I would use.

But what it takes is others trying this product. I know in the Scaleauto 12 Hours of Tacoma this weekend at least 4 drivers will be using the DS Pro Speed 4b the American 20 amp version.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I tried the DS 4 and I liked it. It has great breaks. If I were to replace my controller it would be with that one. To me it is as good as the Third Eye I had at 1/2 the price.

Comment

I have been wanting to try the DS4 ProSpeed unit. Really like my DS Witec.
            Alan is there a pdf file you might post that describes the features of this controller?
            Last edited by Slot_it_Bob; 05-07-2015, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Bought one. I like it, trigger is very nice so are the ergos. It is light and the build quality is great.
              Last edited by 289; 01-01-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

289 did you put some more laps on the controller?

Comment

Alan you should send me a ProSpeed 4 to review and give impressions in this thread as we know how busy you are!

Comment

We offer sales and return.

I cannot afford to loan out controllers, especially as so easily damaged by incorrect connection at tracks still using 3 seperate connections.
                    However I am happy to offer sale and return, all you pay if you do not like the controller is shipping cost both ways.

Really as a Distributor I had hoped Stores would carry more product but we are seeing less and less Stocking Dealers and fewer tracks to run Slot Cars.

The DS Pro Speed 4 is a great controller, a favorite here where you cannot connect wrong, will run up to 20 amp motors, so usable for some Commercial Track motors.
                    However I cannot warranty against incorrect hook up as a high amp short will certainly damage the electronics.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

The last time i took you up on this offer i ended up keeping the WiTec. It has performed very well.
                      It would be great if the Witec could handle higher current cars, so that is my interest in PS4

Comment

I am interested in the DS Pro Speed 4, how do they compare to the equivalent Slot.it controller for example? Does anyone actually use one?

Comment

The first thing you will notice is how well the controllers ergonomics fit your hand. The controller is light weight and comfortable to hold on long runs. The trigger pull pressure is adjustable and I would rate the trigger pressure similar to Slotit's trigger. The controller comes with a choice of a one or two fingered triggers. There is a sensitivity knob allowing you to adjust your starting voltage, a curve knob which allows you to go from a linear voltage change through out the trigger pull to a curved non linear voltage change. The third knob adjusts the aggressive mode based on driving style preferences. There is an adjustable brake and a traction control switch. I bought one and played with it last weekend. On Alan's high speed 8 lane I didn't see massive differences between the modes. The car ran well. On the more technical 6 lane track I noticed my performance and handling changed quite a bit as I adjusted the controller. I found my combination of knob settings and was happy with the controller. To me, the controller performed as well as my older Renegade2 Third Eye controller, maybe better in some aspects. This was from the first use, over time I'm sure I could add something constructive to this "first look". At this point I am happy with my purchase.

Comment

Double post

Comment

Zipdrive can you post photos of the control knobs too.
                              I have the Witec and love the solid feel of the handle which is also light weight, the super smooth contactless trigger proved to be joy to use during the MI 24.
                              Did the manual describe the traction control function? Can you describe how it works?
                              Last edited by Slot_it_Bob; 11-01-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X