Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi Everyone

Welcome to this new Forum on Manufacturer's Corner.
    In the next couple of days I'll be presenting all the news that's happening with MR Slotcar.

I'd like to invite you all to post any questions or comments you have about our cars and products, and I look forward to all of your feedback.

Regards
    Ernie

Welcome Ernie, looking forward to see what you have in store for us

Comment

Can't wait to hear Ernie.

Comment

Ernie,

I've bought a couple of your cars and they are fantastic on wood. IMO, they are equal or better to any Slot.it or NSR I have. Please continue the ridged chassis and pod and don't follow others with flexible chassis/pod that only runs well on NINCO track.
        Keep a eye on the concentricity of the wheels and fit to the axles.
        I truly wish you much success.

George

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSlotter View Post
          Ernie,

I've bought a couple of your cars and they are fantastic on wood. IMO, they are equal or better to any Slot.it or NSR I have. Please continue the ridged chassis and pod and don't follow others with flexible chassis/pod that only runs well on NINCO track.
          +1
          Really enjoy my Mazda.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSlotter View Post
            Ernie,

George
            Hi George
            I've always felt strongly about keeping the chassis' and pods as stiff as possible - Not just on wood, but also for plastic tracks. Currently there are two types (stiffnesses) of Motor Pods and two types of chassis'. The cars come stock with the stiffer Motor Pod (referred to as "Wood Track" Version) and the Chassis which is the less stiff of the two types available.

From a technical perspective, the less stiff Motor Pods ("Plastic Track" Version) are made from Nylon with a lower Glass Fill content and the stiffer ones have a higher Glass Fill content.
            The most noticeable advantage of the Plastic Track pod can be seen when using the Anglewinder
            setup one on a track with steel rails. The magnetic effect of the motor does the allow the pod to flex downward along its length bringing it closer to the rails - Magnetic Non-Magnet racing in other words.

As far as the Chassis' are concerned, the stock one is made from ABS which is fairly stiff. The option "Hard Chassis" we sell is made from Nylon with a relatively high Glass Fill content. It is noticeably stiffer than the stock version.

On the subject of the wheels - they have been a concern and they're not as good as they should be. I'm working with our factory to have the situation improved.

Regards
            Ernie

Comment

Agreed. The Mazda is easily one of the best running cars out of the box with just a tire change.
              Hopefully the Nissans are still on the to do list.

-Billy

Comment

I have all three Mazdas and only issue really is the wheels...perhaps some of the contours not quite right but they are fine models for my money and I am in for new ones as they come...

Comment

Nissan R89C New Chassis Design

Hi All

Here are some computer renderings of the R89C chassis featuring the front end components. The new design allows for optional front end suspension to be added. The stock configuration will come with the solid 3/32" axle and the suspension arms locked to the chassis. These arms are secured from the underside using flat head machine screws. The lockdown nuts themselves will be made from Glass filled nylon - as are the suspension arms.

To add suspension, the lockdown nuts are replaced with machined aluminium "T" nuts and springs as shown in the lower picture. The stub axles will be secured with "e" clips. They can also be adjusted, with the use of the set screws, to have positive or negative camber up to 3 degrees. The suspension arms themselves can rotate about the center of the chassis up to 4 degrees - allowing the tire an upward motion of just over 2.5mm

Colors shown are for illustrative purposes only.

I'll post all the new features of the entire car shortly

Regards
                  Ernie

Comment

That suspension looks very interesting

Comment

Nice Meeting you

Hi Ernie,
                      It was nice meeting you at Ace Hobby yesterday. I enjoyed seeing the neat products you have to offer. After seeing my Tyrrell P34 kit bash and DN1 Shadow jobs you know I'm a 70's F1 fan. I have some pictures posted in the vintage and scratch build section here. I think you can view them if you search the forum for Tyrrell P34 or Shadow. I'm also a big fan of the 70's Can-Am cars. Any plans on making any cars from that venue?
                      Looking forward to seeing more cool stuff from your shop.
                      Jeff
                      Last edited by Jeff; 04-21-2013, 09:26 AM. Reason: added tyrrell

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        Hi Ernie,
                        It was nice meeting you at Ace Hobby yesterday. I enjoyed seeing the neat products you have to offer. After seeing my Tyrrell P34 kit bash and DN1 Shadow jobs you know I'm a 70's F1 fan. I have some pictures posted in the vintage and scratch build section here. I think you can view them if you search the forum for Tyrrell P34 or Shadow. I'm also a big fan of the 70's Can-Am cars. Any plans on making any cars from that venue?
                        Looking forward to seeing more cool stuff from your shop.
                        Jeff
                        Hi Jeff
                        Great to meet you and see your very cool scratchbuilt 70's F1 cars - What a great period for F1 ! That was when I saw my first F1 race - Mosport 1976
                        I'll definitely be checking out your posts. Also, I'd like to pass along a big thanks to Ron and Dan for their kind hospitality. Looking forward to the next trip down - I'll be there for Friday night racing!

See you guys soon

Regards
                        Ernie

Comment

It was good to see you again Ernie and we are glad that you had a good time at the shop. As soon as I can change gears and get your car on the track for a proper test I'll give you a complete report.
                          Thanks again for coming down.
                          Dan

Comment

Nissan R89C......p/n MR 1013

Ernie.....glad to see your here.

I brought the Mazda "Black Test car" when they first came out and it's a beast on my Ninco N-Digital point-n-shoot track, all I did was put Pauls Gages Urethanes on the rear and it's one of the fastest we have.

I'm look'n forward to the Nissan R89C, and was wondering if I could get a "White Kit" version ??

As alot of us mod cars for various Proxy Races here @ SCI I bet you could move a few in that variation for modding in custom paint/decal..........

Just a thought....

Good luck in your efforts................oh ya I going to pre-order one anyhow

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by maddick1943 View Post
                              Ernie.....glad to see your here.

I brought the Mazda "Black Test car" when they first came out and it's a beast on my Ninco N-Digital point-n-shoot track, all I did was put Pauls Gages Urethanes on the rear and it's one of the fastest we have.

I'm look'n forward to the Nissan R89C, and was wondering if I could get a "White Kit" version ??

As alot of us mod cars for various Proxy Races here @ SCI I bet you could move a few in that variation for modding in custom paint/decal..........

Just a thought....

Good luck in your efforts................oh ya I going to pre-order one anyhow

Dick
                              Thanks Dick

Yes, the Nissan will be available as a White Kit. We'll release it at the same time as the "Tenoras" Livery along the 6 Color "Contenders Series" - like the Mazda

regards
                              Ernie

Comment

Working...
                              X