Controller Failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller Failure

I seem to be having problems with my controllers after an hour or so of running them, they don't want to shut all the way down. When my son and I were racing yesterday afternoon his car would go out of control at WOT when he would be completely off the throttle. When I changed controllers it was fine. This has happened before. I can't remember if it was the same controller though.
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    Any more word on aftermarket controllers?

what we need to know...

we already don't know if it's one controller or all controllers. lets answer that.
    we don't know if it's all cars with the suspect controller or one car. we need to test that theory. maybe it's the chip?
    we don't know what happens when its plugged into another port. we need to know that.maybe its the controlbox.
    we do know we need to eliminate one possibility at a time.

Comment

Now I'm sorry I asked. Did I say that I had a problem with the controller I was using? NO. I was using mine as long as he was using his. The same car ran fine when I put another controller on that extension going to that port on the console. Does that eliminate some of the variables? Tell you what, I'll just consider it broken and spend the 50 bucks for a new one rather than go through a bunch of questions in here. Yep that's what happened, my son was really drunk and dropped it and then stepped on it and after I tried to tape it together with Duct tape it didn't work right ever again!
      Last edited by Bill Plude; 01-24-2007, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Bill,

If an N-Digital track hasn't been used for awhile (3 or more days), the cars might not respond to the throttle inputs correctly. This must be due to dust build up on the track that keeps the digital signal from communicating with the cars. In this case, clean the track and braids. Then do a few slow laps in each lane. I had the wide open throttle happen a few times until the track and braids were clean.

I would also check the suspect controller. Slowly release the trigger and make sure that it extends all the way to activate the brakes. I had one controller that the trigger would hang up from time to time and was able to fix it by adding a small amount of plastic compatible lube to the trigger pin.

Best regards,
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Plude View Post
          I seem to be having problems with my controllers after an hour or so of running them, they don't want to shut all the way down. When my son and I were racing yesterday afternoon his car would go out of control at WOT when he would be completely off the throttle. When I changed controllers it was fine. This has happened before. I can't remember if it was the same controller though.
          We had been racing around an hour. The track WAS working fine. Remember (Digital) both cars use the same lanes.

Everything worked fine after I changed controllers.

Geeze.

He dropped the controller and stepped on it and crushed it.........

Comment

Bill,

I was just relating my experience and thought some of the information might be helpful.

Best regards,
            Brian

Comment

I understand Brian. I'll try the lube. It may do the trick. It's just that I get so defensive because of all the bad experiences I've had with guys trying to make small problems seem like insurmountable tasks. You know, like when ND came out and everybody that didn't care for Ninco was looking to find fault with it?

I'm back, you know the more I think about it, I bet that's what it is, because when it happened before and I did the same thing, and came back to the "defective" controller a couple days later it seemed to work OK for a while.
              Last edited by Bill Plude; 01-24-2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Bill,

I understand. Slot It has a controller coming out that will be compatible with N-Digital. We should know more about a release date after the Toy Fairs.

Best regards,
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Plude View Post
                  Now I'm sorry I asked. Did I say that I had a problem with the controller I was using? NO.
                  now i'm sorry i asked.
                  Is that some more of your humor, the kind that might be taken wrong? Like in the thread about throwing all your stuff away?

did i say that i had a problem with the controller i was using? NO.
                  NO you didn't say that, but you did mention that you couldn't remember if it was the same controller that malfunctioned previously.

Anyhow, sorry diagnostic questions bother you. What do you do when you go to the doctor? The auto mechanic?

Just trying to help. I hope BRS solved your problem, and just by asking maybe you saved some other users some time troubleshooting this problem.

PS no one dissed ninco on this thread, so far as i can tell.

Comment

No all the Ninco Digital dissing was about a month and 1/2 ago when it was new and nobody had it and everybody they were an expert. Seems like the problem is the trigger just doesn't want to return all the way.

Comment

Bill, JWEBDRD didn't have to take any of his time to answer your question. You asked for help, which is what you got, without any kind of attitude from him.

What exactly were you expecting? Maybe JWEBDRD should come over to your house and fix it for you...

Comment

i had a problem with one of mine.you would let up on the throttle and it would keep going for a couple of seconds before slowing down.what i did is open it up and the 3 brass tabs at the end of the trigger that make the contact to the circuit board,i bent all 3 up more so they would make better contact.it solved my problem.hopefully it works for you.
                        btw it was on the controller that i always use.

Comment

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
                          Bill, JWEBDRD didn't have to take any of his time to answer your question. You asked for help, which is what you got, without any kind of attitude from him.

What exactly were you expecting? Maybe JWEBDRD should come over to your house and fix it for you...
                          You know, I tried to make things better but you had to keep it going, once again, I'll take a couple more days off. So far I've been able to stay out of the other forum over a month................Know what, I'm just going to go pilfer alcohol pads and I'm GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Umm, ok.

Comment

Gentlemen,
                              Good afternoon,... I finally found some time to be able check in and see what's happening. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot Bill's controller problem and offering some very sound solutions for the stated problem.

Bill,
                              If you have any more problems and choose not to use the forum, please call me at MRC and I'll try to solve them for you.

Think Red!
                              Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Working...
                              X