Master Asphalt User Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Asphalt User Reviews

Hey guys I'm thinking of purchasing a master asphalt track set today and was wondering if I could get feedback from actual owners of the set. I currently have a Ninco F1 track and like it a lot but would like longer straights and we are limited for room with kids and all. Please give me the pros and cons. Is it difficult to get up to speeds because of the tight turns? I do not have to put this on a board as we are carpet burners as you guys say- lol If I do not put it on a board would stretching it out not using any over or under configurations work? I bought the TRACK MAP V. 05 AND unless your a cad engineer forget it. We wife and four sons are heading out to purchase one today- Help

i havent used the mastertrack, but i would probably get a pro-am set instead. i think it is almost as much total track length (42' vs 31' from memory) but with less tight turns. it also comes with cars which i think the master set does not. even if you don't use the 4x8 layout of the mastertrack, i think it will still be difficult to make a large variety of layouts w/ the huge number of R1 (the tightest) turns. not sure about shop prices, but online, the pro-am set can be had for a pretty nice discount vs the mastertrack too.

i haven't used either of these sets actually, so my opinion is based on track lists only.

i started w/ 2 used F1 sets and a M3 set, and still am looking for various bits and pieces

if you give us dimensions and track style, we can help you with layouts. i never used the trackmap program so i can't help you there.
    Last edited by defed; 01-28-2007, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARYTON View Post
      Hey guys I'm thinking of purchasing a master asphalt track set today and was wondering if I could get feedback from actual owners of the set. I currently have a Ninco F1 track and like it a lot but would like longer straights and we are limited for room with kids and all. Please give me the pros and cons. Is it difficult to get up to speeds because of the tight turns? I do not have to put this on a board as we are carpet burners as you guys say- lol If I do not put it on a board would stretching it out not using any over or under configurations work? I bought the TRACK MAP V. 05 AND unless your a cad engineer forget it. We wife and four sons are heading out to purchase one today- Help
      Hey There ARYTON,

I have the master track set and all I can say is wow. It works and performs great. As far as the layouts. If you were to build the one that is illustrated on the case the turn become speeds biggest enemy. I have mine setup on a 4X10 table with no over and unders and I can really get a sense of speed down the straights. If you are setting up on the carpet, with little room restriction's you will love it. You may want to check out the setting the race modes correctly on this site as there are some programing requirements. It's appears to be a little complicated but once you get er dialed in your good to go. I run only Nascar right now (thats all I have lol.). And I needed to be able to open up a little. Here are a couple pic's of my setup. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Regards:TS

Comment

Master Track

THANKS TIRE SPIN. I'M GETTING THE ANALOG NOT THE DIGITAL. Were you able to make your track layout with the existing track or did you add to it? If you added to it do you know what pieces I would need to complete your layout with the analog master asphalt? T hanks

Comment

i'm thinking, tho again not sure w/o checking, that they have the same pieces. lane changers would be substituted with straights.

the MRC site at the top of the page should be able to give you the track inventory of each set.

Comment

The Master Track has a lot of R1s and not enough variety of turns. Unless you really, really want a lot of R1s, I'd pick another set like the ProAm. It's not just how much track you can cram on a 4x8 or how many pieces of track, it's also what kind of track do you get. If you're investing that much money in a slot car track, I'd get a smaller set then add pieces that fit a layout that you create. Just my two cents.

Comment

I also don't like too many R1 curves. It makes the circuit too hard for kids. I bought the PRO-AM set over x'mas and then added some long straights and lane-changers to even out the inside/outside advantage. Long straights are fun, and you can then stretch out these cars, which are fast!
              Last edited by dchao; 01-28-2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARYTON View Post
                THANKS TIRE SPIN. I'M GETTING THE ANALOG NOT THE DIGITAL. Were you able to make your track layout with the existing track or did you add to it? If you added to it do you know what pieces I would need to complete your layout with the analog master asphalt? T hanks
                Hi Aryton,

The setup you see in the pictures is right out of the Digital Master Track Set box. There has been no add-on's at all. I would think that the Analog set would contain pretty much the same item's less the lane changers? I don't know for sure though

Good Luck...

Comment

I'd look into a smaller set, add a dozen straights and go 4 lanes or get the digital extension and another car so more of you can enjoy racing together at once. The pro am is a nice layout to begin with, it just needs to be stretched out a little.

Comment

Working...
                  X